Post by Ali Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:15 am

LMAO !!

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:16 am

World XI of Year: Casillas-Dani Alves-Piqué-Sergio Ramos-Vidic-Iniesta-Xabi Alonso-Xavi-Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo-Rooney

No rvp :facepalm:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:41 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:World XI of Year: Casillas-Dani Alves-Piqué-Sergio Ramos-Vidic-Iniesta-Xabi Alonso-Xavi-Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo-Rooney

rooney in and no rvp :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:43 am

Ramos on the left lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:World XI of Year: Casillas-Dani Alves-Piqué-Sergio Ramos-Vidic-Iniesta-Xabi Alonso-Xavi-Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo-Rooney

Ha ! What ?? why ??
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am

[img]Arsenal Lobby - Page 7 Frimpo11[/img]
lol @ eboues response
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is becoming fed-up over comparisons with Theo Walcott.

Having been plucked from Southampton by Arsenal, just like his team-mate, it was inevitable they would be sized up against each other.

But the speedy winger wants to establish himself in his own right, rather than as a Walcott clone.

“It gets on my nerves,” said Oxlade-Chamberlain. “There are a lot of differences between us.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has paid a visit to see Diego Maradona.

The Arsenal captain, who describes Maradona as his 'hero', surprised the Al Wasl manager during his holiday in Dubai.

Van Persie, posed for pictures with his family before enjoying a kickabout with the 51-year-old.

"I've always admired Maradona since I was a young child," Van Persie said.

"He is one of the best footballers of all time, and a visit to Dubai would not have been complete without the opportunity to get to meet him face to face."

Maradona added: "Van Persie is not only a star player but a footballer with a stellar personality that is something that I hold in high respect.

"His great talent, combined with his humble character, make him a model for all great players to live by."

RvP is humble and respectful cheers
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says its too soon to talk about a coaching role for Thierry Henry.

Henry has been linked with Pat Rice's role as assistant manager.

Wenger insists he has not ­considered any future coaching role for Henry at Arsenal.

The Arsenal chief said: “Let him play as long as he can – there is plenty of time to coach.”

He added: “You only have to look at the physical state I am in now to see that!”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has admitted that he never imagined scoring the winner in his side's FA Cup clash with Leeds United.

The former France international came on as a second-half substitute to mark his return to the club with the only goal of the game in the 78th minute.

"I never thought I would play for Arsenal again, and I never thought I would score the winning goal tonight," the forward told ESPN after the match.

He responded modestly when told of his welcome, responding to suggestions that he returned as a hero by adding: “That wasn’t the plan. I just wanted to come and help the team everyday.”

On his trademark curled finish to put the Gunners through, he added: "With time, you know that one opportunity is very important.

"The team played well. It’s never an easy tie. They [Leeds] came to defend and the fans were frustrated sometimes, but we did the job.

"You never know when you will have a second one, if you have a second. You have to make sure you take it, and I took it well."

The 1-0 win sends Arsenal through to the fourth round of the FA Cup, where they will take on Premier League rivals Aston Villa at the Emirates Stadium.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Thierry Henry was clearly humbled and unassuming after scoring the winner for his beloved Arsenal in the FA Cup third round tonight.

The 34-year old French striker, on a short-term loan from New York Red Bulls, netted the only goal of the game against Leeds United at the Emirates Stadium with a typically calm finish in the 78th minute and in the after-match interview on ESPN, showed a lot of emotion towards the North London club where he made his name.

“Its kind of weird.I came back from holiday from Mexico 15 days ago. I never thought I was going to play for Arsenal again let alone score a winner. I really don’t know what to say to be honest. I love the club, that’s all I can say and I just took this opportunity the other day and hopefully I can do more,” he said.

“The feeling I had when I scored was amazing and I rejoined the club as a fan so scoring a goal when you support a team, now I know what some of the guys at Liverpool or Man United or Chelsea feel when they score for the club they support. I just wanted to come and help, at the end of the day, and I think it’s a joke that I got Man of the Match.”

Henry scored his 227th goal for the club and 12th in 12 matches against Leeds over his career and he admitted it was vital to take the chance when it came.

“When you get on opportunity, it’s very important (to put it away) because you never know when you get a second one so you have to make sure you take it and I took it well,” he added.

He added further: “I will always remember tonight.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Reactions from players for Henry's goal

SOURCE:Goal.com

"I never thought I would play for Arsenal again, and I never thought I would score the winning goal tonight.”

- The great man himself expresses his disbelief after a fairytale return to north London.

“Thierry Henry is back!!!!!!!!!! TH get in there!!!!!!!”

- Robin van Persie looks to be excited at the prospect of linking up with his former strike partner once again.

“He just has it doesn't he? #Henry. Great couple of days for football fans. Scholes and Henry back in business. What a season this has been so far.”

- Manchester United forward Michael Owen is obviously delighted to see some Premier League veterans strutting their stuff

“Typical Henry! I'm Buzzing! #ReturnOftheKing”

- Injured Gunners midfielder Jack Wilshere was delighted after Henry’s display.

“It was written for him. What a finish! #buzzing”

- Team-mate Aaron Ramsey thinks it was written in the stars that Henry would score on his return

“This is what dreams are made of! Thierry Henry is back! What a finish! #TheKingIsBack #ReturnOfTheKing #AFC”

- Gunners youngster Benik Afobe thinks Henry is in dreamland after his goal against Simon Grayson's side

“I have to say, what happened today at the Emirates, has been one of the best expiriences I've ever had. Thierry Henry, thats it!#Legend.”

- Young Gunner and former Barcelona player Hector Bellerin says that witnessing the goal was one of the best moments of his life

“It had to be Henry didn't it!

- Another Manchester United player, Tom Cleverley, also saw the striker's goal in the script

“I knew it hahah! Henry take a bow, how many times have we seen that finish??? Was always going to happen!”

- Bolton midfielder Stuart Holden also believes a goalscoring return was inevitable was the on-loan star

"09/01/2012 I was there when Thierry Henry scored a winner vs Leeds on his #AFC comeback!!!"

- Gunners goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny hallmarks a historic night for Arsenal and Henry

"He was already a legend and tonight he added a little bit more"

- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger sums up an incredible evening perfectly
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie can play together.

Wenger had rested captain Robin van Persie for tonight's tie, allowing the Dutchman some time away on a family break to Dubai.

The Gunners boss could throw both the dynamic front men together when the Barclays Premier League campaign resumes at Swansea on Sunday.

"Thierry can play behind or in front of Robin or on the flank, Robin can play on the flank too, but I don't know yet what I will do. They can play together, of course, and they did play together," said Wenger.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Wenger on whether he should have kept Henry longer:

"You can accuse me of many things, but not that I kicked Thierry Henry out, because he wanted to go. I explained that many times. I was always happy to get him back. Thierry is a guy who is very focussed, intelligent and very planned. In his head, it was always Barcelona, then the States. That is what he did."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Still waiting for some1 to create a thread over Vava voom. "Return of the King"
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

I thought I would log on and b reading about every1's excitement about Henry last night but Im so dissapointed.

On the flipside, his goal shows how backwards our team has gone in terms of striking power. It took a 34 year old legend to come of the bench to finish for us.

We have the likes of Arshavin and Chamak who look like they would still not hit one of HMS's even from 10 yards.
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 pm

What are you disappointed with our levels of excitement? scratch.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Yeah. I'm still bouncing from excitement but I aint feeling it here
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Cesc: Just seen Thierry's goal last night. Only he could have done something like that... Special players for special moments. Fantastic!

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 pm

^your sig banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 pm

sina90 wrote:^your sig banana
They should make a band Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:51 am

Kwame2u wrote:Yeah. I'm still bouncing from excitement but I aint feeling it here

I'm still ecstatic. I went to school like we just won the PL or something. Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:31 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
sina90 wrote:^your sig banana
They should make a band Razz.
Arsenal Lobby - Page 7 Tomas-guitarist-rosicky-d-o
--------------------------
in other news
:bow: :bow: :bow:
:bow: Pires :bow:
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 am

France boss Raymond Domenech has launched a savage attack on Samir Nasri.

Domenech, who caused a massive shock when he axed the Manchester City midfielder from his 2010 World Cup squad, claimed Nasri is inconsistent, talks too much and is only interested in himself rather than the team.

In an interview with ex-France star Bixente Lizarazu on radio station RTL, Domenech said: "Nasri needs to talk less and play more. He needs to be focused on his work to show he can be a big player.

"For me, he has talent but is irregular and for a big club it's not positive.

"Nasri is always in discussions and is interested in excessive individualism. To triumph it's necessary to believe more in your team mates and the team."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 am

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie formally welcomed back Thierry Henry before last night's heroics against Leeds United.

Van Persie could be reunited with Henry on the pitch when Arsène Wenger's side travel to Swansea next weekend and he believes the French striker has made a brave decision.

"It’s great to welcome Thierry Henry back to the Club – his return will lift everyone," Van Persie told the Official Arsenal Matchday Programme.

"Some people might ask why he is choosing to come back, because he is already a legend – he’s just got a statue here! But for me it tells you everything about him; he’s coming back because he loves the game.

"I think if you asked ten legends whether they would come back, I’m not sure they would be brave enough. But Thierry really loves the game, and that’s what I really like. He knows things are at stake, he is remembered as a legend, but for him it’s simple – he loves the game and he wants to be a part of the Club he loves.

"I’m sure he will get loads of games, because I’ve seen him in training, and I don’t want to put too much pressure on, but I can assure you he is looking really good."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 am

Robert Pires has followed Thierry Henry's lead by returning to train with Arsenal.

Henry marked his comeback after signing a two-month loan deal by scoring the winner against Leeds on a hugely emotional night at the Emirates on Monday.

And Pires, who is thought to be maintaining his fitness while he searches for a new club, is also training with Arsene Wenger's squad at London Colney.

"On my way to colney for training!!" tweeted the Frenchman, who scored 84 goals in 284 appearances for Arsenal.

And two of the club's more recent heroes, Jack Wilshere and Robin Van Persie, also tweeted their delight at the news - although it appears Pires is simply training with the club rather than looking to sign a deal at Arsenal.

Wilshere tweeted: "Super, super Robert Pires is training today........return of another king?!? How amazing would that be!"
And van Persie said: "Welcome back maestro!!"
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next