+3
Sushi Master
Bellabong
rwo power
7 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday, Uli Hoeneß Empty Happy Birthday, Uli Hoeneß

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 am

Uli Hoeneß, one of the most polarising characters of German football turns 60 today.

His records as player were already stunning: 3 times BL champion, DFB-Pokal winner, three times winner of the Champions League, winner of the Intercontinental Cup with Bayern plus winner of the World Cup and the European cup with the German NT.

With 27, he had to give up playing due to a heavy knee injury, but right away, he took over as youngest manager of the FC Bayern München and turned the club into a financially prudent and perfectly profitable business, while building one of the most modern stadiums, and even supporting other football clubs that got into financial trouble by offering free friendly matches of Bayern against them so that they would be able to earn money from the ticket sales.

Moreover, he makes sure that Bayern is a club that actually looks after their players, active ones and even former ones. When Gerd Müller fought alcoholism, Bayern looked after him, made sure he got healthy again and gave him a new job as assistant coach. When Franck Ribery went through a hard time, Bayern stood to him and supported him through all his legal problems. When Arjen Robben got injured, they cared for him and even fought with his FA about his treatment. And most recently they support Breno through all of his troubles.

One quote of Uli Hoeneß perfectly showcases his stance: "If a player is great, there will be thousand people applauding him. I'm not the thousand and first one to applaud when he is on the top, but I'm the first one who sits by his side in the hospital when he got injured in a match and comes from surgery."

Nonetheless, he is also known as Bayern's half-jokingly named "Abteilung Attacke" ("attack department") that plays mind-games with other coaches and foremost with journalists and that takes care of getting the best players for the team, no matter the cost (if they really want them).

Whatever he does, though, he appears as completely honest person in everything he does and says and thus earned the respect (albeit sometimes grudgingly) of about all football fans in Germany and especially the people for whom football is their business and the players.

So happy birthday, best wishes, continued health, success and a happy life to one of the greats of German football!

Last edited by rwo power on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : kicking out some typos)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Uli Hoeneß Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uli Hoeneß

Post by Bellabong Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

+1

Alles Gute
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:15 pm

May be a bit nuts at times, but you can't deny what he's done for Bayern. Great player even though I rate Rummenigge higher, as a businessman he's complete class.

"as rich as Madrid and Barcelona in 6 years time" :bow:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:16 pm

The best manager in football history, maybe in german economic in general...

When he bagan as Manager in the 70's , FC Bayern had a turnover of 6Million Euros with 3.5 million€ liabilities.

Then he made Bayern to the financial most stable club with a turnover of 350million € / year.

Here are some statements from a pre-birthday interview a few days ago:

Uli Hoeness about ...

... the restructuring of senior management:
Code:
"This is one of the most difficult and important tasks we have to overcome in the next two or three years. We want all of us, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge Karl Hopfner, I replace themselves in the next five years. You have to first make a decision: I Will definitely one of the active area of ​​the former? That's what I prefer. Since then people like Kahn, Scholl, Butt, Sagnol, or Jeremis Effenberg are the people that we think. These people we see. It would involve the ideal case. Of course we must also deal with top people from the industry. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge will play in the next few years, an enormously important role. He is the constant. Around him, we will regroup. "

... a collaboration with a major investor from abroad:
Code:
"That's when we excluded only by statute, because when we're not even -. Like actually allowed in Germany -. To acquire 49 percent, but more than 30 percent of which are still open to twelve percent Do you think any Arabs would be satisfied. ? he has no impact, zero point zero. What are the other clubs in Germany, I don''t care. They should let me out of hundreds of thousands of sheiks, Arabs, Americans and Chinese in their club. But we do not do that. "

... the financial situation at Bayern:
Code:
"We see the stadium get debt free in six or seven years and in that moment we would be from equity forth the richest club in the world A club such as Manchester City even wealthier -.. But only because the owner We are independent and economically healthiest club! the world. "

Franck Ribery development:
Code:
"When Frank sees that he has now become a real Bayern Munich player. He has arrived. This was long long is not the case. That has now developed the way and we managed to turn the Franck total makes me happy at first, he might still dreaming of Real Madrid now he knows.. Bayern are at least as big, we could have 80 million euros for him once I am glad that we have not done it.. ! "

... Reinforcements for Bayern:
Code:
"I do not think we have huge demand in the offensive area, but it is clear. If Marco Reus says: I would like to go to Bayern, then the FC Bayern hardly say: We do not want you but fact is, however,. that we make in the defense area and anything else really need to invest. Breno now has one last chance. When it is set out within the next six to eight weeks to see if he still creates. "

Last edited by BAYERN_MUNICH on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Uli Hoeneß scored 86 goals in 239 Bundesliga games for Bayern & is the 7th highest scorer in the club's history.

Happy birthday great man!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Haha i found a video from the team singing happy birthday for him.... Ribery is the old one again as you can see Very Happy

BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Haha i found a video from the team singing happy birthday for him.... Ribery is the old one again as you can see Very Happy

breno is smilling da fu is wrong looks like i was right all allong
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Happy birthday to Toni Kroos, he's 22 years old now.

Same to Hoeness.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down