donttreadonred
iftikhar
McAgger
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wigan vs Liverpool Empty Wigan vs Liverpool

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 am

Have a horrible feeling Agger will be rested for this one, and we'll suffer as result.

I hate Wigan, win this and we can watch Spurs and Chavs in peace on thursday...

CUM ON !!!

Back to top Go down

Wigan vs Liverpool Empty Re: Wigan vs Liverpool

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:56 am

Hate Wigan with passion.....they always seem to take points from us.....I don't think Kenny will rest Agger....if he was planning it, i'm sure his mind is changed now with the horrid performance Carra put in the last 10 minutes of Villa game. Hopefully Suarez plays better than he did against Aston Villa.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Last three games at Wigan has earned us TWO points affraid
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:34 pm

I thought Suarez played pretty well. Unfortunately, so did the woodwork... Wigan vs Liverpool 2276801876
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 am

donttreadonred wrote:I thought Suarez played pretty well. Unfortunately, so did the woodwork... Wigan vs Liverpool 2276801876

Imagine taking all the woodworks as goalies in Fantasy league . . . i would have made a fortune Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:50 pm

We will win 50-0 today.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Man I hate FOX. I subscribe to their TV channels as well as their online streaming and that costs a lot. The Liverpool game is not available on the Fox soccer channel or online. Not available on ESPN or Gol TV. So pissed off right now. You pay so much and no game available. This isn't the first time it's happening either. Argh.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Suarez starts.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Reina, Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Henderson, Adam, Downing, Maxi, Kuyt, Suarez.

Subs: Doni, Carroll, Coates, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly, Bellamy.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:54 pm

I swear, supporting Liverpool is going to give me a heart attack by the end of this year.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Honestly. :facepalm:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:29 pm

4 spot is gone.

Without Lucas, Hendo and Adam ARE SHIT in the CM role. S.H.I.T

We played like this Against Fulham, We were open like this against Villa . .And we were killed today agst Wigan.

We are constantly letting our opponents allow minimum 15 shots on goal. This is shit.

How are we gonna face City with the team?
I personally don't think Spearing as anything that Lucas brings to this squad.

This has been an awful day right from the beginning. I couldn't study properly. Thought this game could help my emotions and mood... But F8ck it.. This game was shit .. And im failing in tomo's exam.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Nishank wrote:4 spot is gone.

We played like this Against Fulham, We were open like this against Villa . .And we were killed today agst Wigan.

We are constantly letting our opponents allow minimum 15 shots on goal. This is shit.

This has been an awful day right from the beginning. I couldn't study properly. Thought this game could help my emotions and mood... But F8ck it.. This game was shit .. And im failing in tomo's exam.

:facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 pm

ynwa wrote:
Nishank wrote:4 spot is gone.

:facepalm:

What?
I don't see anything wrong in the post except the first line.

Kenny must understand that Hendo-Adam CM combination is bad. It doesn't work. We need a another midfielder and Striker in Jan. Just in case Gerrard's goes off again.
Hopefully Spearing does some damage limitation.

But seriously registering 15 shots against Wigan?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Knee-jerk at its best. The first "even" game where we were reasonably poor from the first whistle, and we're not going to make the 4? We're two points away... with no Lucas and no Gerrard. And we've only scored 20 goals.

Adam and Hendo have done nothing wrong in the centre. They're still adapting to their defensive duties. There's nothing wrong with Spearing. I have no idea what you're going on about, especially hoping he gets injured... :facepalm:

We always start our run of form half way between January, also. We're in a "good" position and we've been dissapointing in most games. We're still a work in progress...

Oh. And we havn't beaten Wigan away in 2 seasons. This was never going to be a "5-0" victory.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:47 am

Missed penalty :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:07 am

Well agree with YNWA but i have to say its the 2nd game we played really bad . . the 1st was Spurs . . . no need to panic but a dismal performance! ! :lucas:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:04 am

the gap in our midfield in absence :lucas: is worrying.

****, I miss Lucas Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 am

ynwa wrote:

Adam and Hendo have done nothing wrong in the centre. They're still adapting to their defensive duties. There's nothing wrong with Spearing. I have no idea what you're going on about, especially hoping he gets injured... :facepalm:

Dude.
I hoping a Liverpool player getting injured?
You actually think im a united fan?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballFan92 Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Its so embarrassing to watch us at the moment, we haven't got a player who can put the ball in the net. even suarez doesn't take his chances when you look at his shots to goal ratio.
Watching this game it looked like Johnson and Enrique were the only ones who might come up with something.
we played 3 wingers, maxi kuyt and downing who would cross it into an empty box.
It seems like when we play Carroll we dont have wingers and when we dont play him we do have wingers.
We have no chance of top 4 unless Gerrard comes back and picks up the team and another 1 or 2 good signings in January.
FootballFan92
FootballFan92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Given the circumstances, I'm not going to be too hard on Suarez for his performance yesterday. However, I think most of us can admit he has looked to be off-form recently. I mean, he's still good, but he hasn't had a performance like he did when we beat United last season for a while now. On the bright side, at least he tries to do something. The likes of Henderson don't have the desire to take chances. Always play the easy passes and shy out of tackles. It'll take time for the likes of Carroll and Jordan to come good in my opinion.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

poolsupporter wrote:Given the circumstances, I'm not going to be too hard on Suarez for his performance yesterday. However, I think most of us can admit he has looked to be off-form recently. I mean, he's still good, but he hasn't had a performance like he did when we beat United last season for a while now. On the bright side, at least he tries to do something. The likes of Henderson don't have the desire to take chances. Always play the easy passes and shy out of tackles. It'll take time for the likes of Carroll and Jordan to come good in my opinion.

I thought Jordan was much much better than rest of the midfield (Adam, Downing and Kuyt) last night.

There is a Lucas-shaped hole in our midfield sadly....and it is costing us our composure and calmness in midfield

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Sepi wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:Given the circumstances, I'm not going to be too hard on Suarez for his performance yesterday. However, I think most of us can admit he has looked to be off-form recently. I mean, he's still good, but he hasn't had a performance like he did when we beat United last season for a while now. On the bright side, at least he tries to do something. The likes of Henderson don't have the desire to take chances. Always play the easy passes and shy out of tackles. It'll take time for the likes of Carroll and Jordan to come good in my opinion.

I thought Jordan was much much better than rest of the midfield (Adam, Downing and Kuyt) last night.

There is a Lucas-shaped hole in our midfield sadly....and it is costing us our composure and calmness in midfield

We had problems all around the pitch last night. Jordan seems to be having a similar start to his Liverpool career like Lucas did. He needs to take on some more responsibility. I thought he had a very average game. Then again, it's down to what level of play one expects from him. He hasn't been horrible this season though. There is definitely potential there.

I think both Red and me had never been for the Adam transfer from the beginning. I don't want to get on his back as I believe the fans should support him, but god is he an average player. His set piece delivery has been good on very, very few occasions. He has some decent long range passing, but nothing close to what Alonso had displayed for us. He only plays well in a 3-man central midfield. I've maintained that from the start of the season and it has been proven every now and then.

Downing made some bad decisions and he is clearly lacking in confidence. Kuyt is a lost cause unfortunately. When you see him make a play you know he had great intentions behind it, but his execution is so bad. He can be very careless at times.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Thing is, We all know Adam's limitations, but at least he contributes offensively, and compensates for some of his weaknesses. He's scored/Assisted 9 goals this season. That's almost half of our goals. He can be very frustrating at times and I am furious at him not letting Suarez take the peno, but he tries and contributes.

Downing is the one that infuriates me. I was all for his signing in summer, and he had a great start. He was amazing away at Arsenal and home to Bolton and even Stoke away. Now, for an extended time, he hides, doesn't take responsibility, and doesn't do any basics of a wide player. He seem to have no bottle whatsoever and very scared. I lost count of number of times, Johnson was looking for overlap ready for Downing pass and he instead passed it safely back to midfield. He is my biggest concern of all tbh. He is not being productive unlike Adam.

I have close to zero concerns about Henderson. It's natural for him not to have full confidence in his first season in a big team, but he is 21, has a superb footballing brain, and plays football the right way. Henderson will grow better and better as he matures...

Let's be honest, we are missing our 2 best CMs. ANY Team in this world will struggle if that was the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Sepi wrote:Thing is, We all know Adam's limitations, but at least he contributes offensively, and compensates for some of his weaknesses. He's scored/Assisted 9 goals this season. That's almost half of our goals. He can be very frustrating at times and I am furious at him not letting Suarez take the peno, but he tries and contributes.

Downing is the one that infuriates me. I was all for his signing in summer, and he had a great start. He was amazing away at Arsenal and home to Bolton and even Stoke away. Now, for an extended time, he hides, doesn't take responsibility, and doesn't do any basics of a wide player. He seem to have no bottle whatsoever and very scared. I lost count of number of times, Johnson was looking for overlap ready for Downing pass and he instead passed it safely back to midfield. He is my biggest concern of all tbh. He is not being productive unlike Adam.

I have close to zero concerns about Henderson. It's natural for him not to have full confidence in his first season in a big team, but he is 21, has a superb footballing brain, and plays football the right way. Henderson will grow better and better as he matures...

Let's be honest, we are missing our 2 best CMs. ANY Team in this world will struggle if that was the case.

On Adam - While he has contributed, let's not forget some of the luck he has had as far as deflections go. We bought this guy for his passing ability and many claimed his set piece delivery was brilliant. I've seen him play well from time to time, but on the whole he cannot command a two-man midfield the way Gerrard can. I know not having Lucas doesn't help either.

On Downing - I agree he always seems to take the easy route for most of his game. However, if our strikers and attacking players converted the chances he keeps creating we'd not be having this conversation. To put it into perspective :

Chances Created:

Downing - Open Play 29|Set Play 8|Total + Assists 37|
Adam - Open Play 16 | Set Play 14|Total + Assists 34|
Suarez - Open Play 33 | Set Play 1|Total + Assists 35|

Downing has created about as much from open play as Suarez has. If the chances he created would have been finished, he'd be among the top players for us this season. So I agree he isn't the best winger out there, but by no means is he a terrible player either. Unfortunately I think a lot of supporters expected to see some flash from him, but he keeps it simple. Unfortunately that simplicity often translates to taking the easy route a lot. He does need to step up his effort and ability to beat his defender from time to time. Downing has barely featured on the right for us, so I don't expect him and Johnson to magically gel together.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next