If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face.

+9
7amood11
Senor Penguin
VivaStPauli
zizzle
Grande_Milano
Yuri Yukuv
TalkingReckless
Adit
Raptorgunner
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face. Empty If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face.

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

OTTAWA - If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face.

If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face. 1322801330067_LARGE_BOX

Under sweeping regulations that take effect Monday, Muslim women will have to remove their niqabs or any other face-coverings such as burkas before reciting the oath of citizenship to become Canadian, QMI Agency has learned.

Those participating in citizenship ceremonies - the final step in the process to officially become a Canadian - will be given two warnings to unveil themselves.

The first would be upon arrival, when a department official will explain the requirement. If the person refuses, a citizenship judge will ask the individual to show her face before reading the oath.

If the person refuses the second request, the judge will ask them to leave, putting their citizenship in jeopardy. But they will be given other opportunities at future citizenship ceremonies if they change their mind.

If they don't, they will remain permanent residents and give up their right to vote, run for office and hold certain jobs. Permanent residents can be deported for serious crimes.

The new rule requires the citizenship judge to see the person's face as the oath is being spoken. Once the oath is completed and the national anthem sung, the individual can cover her face and begin a new life in Canada as a citizen.

www.torontosun.com
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face. Empty Re: If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face.

Post by Adit Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Well i found Burkas are extremely barbaric when used outside deserts...

Women has to cover their face for what?

Its just extreme suppression of personality and humanity.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face. Empty Re: If you want to become a Canadian, you'll have to show your face.

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Adit wrote:Well i found Burkas are extremely barbaric when used outside deserts...

Women has to cover their face for what?

Its just extreme suppression of personality and humanity.

I agree, sometimes I see them in the Subway all covered up with their husbands and the funny thing is the husband check out every women in the Subway while the wife has her down. Its a shame, I don't know why women have to cover their face up.

Maybe someone here can explain to why women are forced to wear this.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:58 pm

it's an Arab thing.... not an Islamic thing...

All Islam says is to dress modestly and i think it says cover your hair (Hijab)...

while for men it says to show humility towards women, which they never do....it's always the ones that try to force niqabs on their women that are staring at other womens....

btw in US most of the muslim girls wearing at Hijab are always the worst ones....going to parties, smoking, drinking etc....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 pm

lol, muslims being prejudiced against other muslims
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Man, Europe and West waking up. Dont let foreign cultures impose their rights, limiting yours.

Islam is a religion, like others. Why preferences for it?

Even its not even said in Quran that woman should cover her face
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:lol, muslims being prejudiced against other muslims

i dont get it, white jews look down to brown jews, this is nothing exclusive to one group you know
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:45 pm

TBH taking issue with the Burqa or the veil is just fighting symptoms.

If the women truly enjoy equal rights, respect, and freedom, and still CHOOSE to wear those ridiculous Weight Watcher's ninja outfits, let them.

You need to be up the immigrants asses to not forcefully marry off their kids when they're 11 and to not beat their wives, not check their clothes.

Just my two cents.

Also you need your country's equivalent of rednecks to stop harassing immigrants, because that only makes them want to distance themselves from their new home, which is sad.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH taking issue with the Burqa or the veil is just fighting symptoms.

If the women truly enjoy equal rights, respect, and freedom, and still CHOOSE to wear those ridiculous Weight Watcher's ninja outfits, let them.

You need to be up the immigrants asses to not forcefully marry off their kids when they're 11 and to not beat their wives, not check their clothes.

Just my two cents.

Also you need your country's equivalent of rednecks to stop harassing immigrants, because that only makes them want to distance themselves from their new home, which is sad.
Do you ever get bored of preaching the truth? :bow:

You are my deity, sir!

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 pm

You know, after France decided to ban the burqa, a survey was conducted to see how many women actually wear the burqa/niqab. And it turned out that only 367 women wore the burqa in France. Ridiculous, it's barely enough to register as a margin of error. Why a pass a law over a few hundred women who choose to cover their faces?

Grande_Milano wrote:Man, Europe and West waking up. Dont let foreign cultures impose their rights, limiting yours.

Because it's more of an Arab tradition than a Muslim tradition.

Anyway, I think people should just let these women be. If they want to wear the burqa/niqab, let them.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:37 pm

zizzle wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:lol, muslims being prejudiced against other muslims

i dont get it, white jews look down to brown jews, this is nothing exclusive to one group you know

Im just a big fan of groups stereotyping each other
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

7amood11 wrote:You know, after France decided to ban the burqa, a survey was conducted to see how many women actually wear the burqa/niqab. And it turned out that only 367 women wore the burqa in France. Ridiculous, it's barely enough to register as a margin of error. Why a pass a law over a few hundred women who choose to cover their faces?
To satisfy an increasing number of nutjobs who are for such laws just because they believe Muslims are evil terrorists who secretly plot to take over Europe and make it into Eurabia? That's my guess anyway ... We've got a political party in Denmark which succeeds basically by degrading foreigners and Muslims in similar fashion, regardless how small and insignificant a minority Muslims are to the country as a whole.

I guess that's what they call symbol politics.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:53 pm

7amood11 wrote:

Disagree here btw

It has turned out to a Muslim tradition.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Man, Europe and West waking up. Dont let foreign cultures impose their rights, limiting yours.

Well said ....

Grea job by Canada !

The number of Muslim churches is increasing in Europe and that saddens me !

Last summer when I went to Italy I saw tons of muslim women wearing thos big black clothes ... Couldn't even see if it was a man or a woman .... you could even have bomb under those and no one would realise ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:18 pm

I want to see what happens if you go to a Muslim country and dress the same way you do in europe or Canada.

Can anyone explain are women forced to were the Hijab? I really don't know is cus so other men don't check out you wife?

I am not a religious person and have nothing against any religion, but I think its wrong to have a women dress like.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:20 pm

pUsHa wrote:

Well said ....

Grea job by Canada !

Last summer when I went to Italy I saw tons of muslim women wearing thos big black clothes ... Couldn't even see if it was a man or a woman .... you could even have bomb under those and no one would realise ...

There is a guy in Canada who is wonted for murder and he is hiding and they know for sure he dresses like women when he goes out with Hijab and its for them to catch him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 pm

pUsHa wrote:

Well said ....

Grea job by Canada !

Moscow first city to allow Uraza Bayram (spelling). We have 100 000 each year praying on streets and do ritual killing (sheeps) right on streets. Despite abundance of Mosques, they are empty as these people use to pray on streets or home. I cant reconise my city anymore. Nobody asked us, we are being forced the immigration, etc.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:34 pm

I saw this in the paper a few days ago and im pretty sure that they are allowed to wear the veil wherever and whenever they want, they only have to remove it while being sworn in as a citizen, which is not too much to ask imo
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:04 am

Adit wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Disagree here btw

Actually it's an Arab thing, just ask imalegend.

pUsHa wrote:Well said ....

Grea job by Canada !

:facepalm: The Islamophobia here...

Seriously, it's called the freedom of wearing whatever the hell you want to wear. I don't understand why people are so uptight about it. Nobody's forcing these women to wear the niqab. They're wearing it based on their own free will. Like Viva said, if they want to wear these things, just let them and stop being a whiny bitch ffs.

You're right, a woman could hide a bomb under her abaya without anybody realizing. But also, a man could strap bombs to his body under his shirt without anybody realizing. A man could hide a bomb in his underwear without anybody realizing (it happened before). A woman could hide a bomb in her purse without anybody realizing. What you're saying is ridiculous.

BTW, lol @ "Muslim churches"... It's called a masjid, or a mosque.

Raptorgunner wrote:I want to see what happens if you go to a Muslim country and dress the same way you do in europe or Canada.

Can anyone explain are women forced to were the Hijab? I really don't know is cus so other men don't check out you wife?

I am not a religious person and have nothing against any religion, but I think its wrong to have a women dress like.

You're wrong man. I live in the UAE and every day I see foreign women (including westerners, everybody) wearing whatever they want to wear, and I see what people wear in Europe and US, and the ways of clothing are quite similar. But there is a limit of course, don't go to the mall wearing a bikini or anything ridiculously skimpy, and you'll be fine. I don't blame you, it's something a lot of people get wrong about this region.

About your second question, no absolutely not. They wear it if they want to. Of course, there are some paranoid husbands out there who force their ladies to wear the niqab (which is very wrong), but in general, women wear it because they want to.

checazzofai wrote:I saw this in the paper a few days ago and im pretty sure that they are allowed to wear the veil wherever and whenever they want, they only have to remove it while being sworn in as a citizen, which is not too much to ask imo

Yeah, in the end, it's not too much to ask if it's only for the oath. But I find it ridiculous that people want to ban it completely.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 am

7amood11 wrote:
Adit wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Disagree here btw

Grea job by Canada !

Seriously, it's called the freedom of wearing whatever the hell you want to wear. I don't understand why people are so uptight about it. Nobody's forcing these women to wear the niqab. They're wearing it based on their own free will. Like Viva said, if they want to wear these things, just let them and stop being a whiny bitch ffs.

You're right, a woman could hide a bomb under her abaya without anybody realizing. But also, a man could strap bombs to his body under his shirt without anybody realizing. A man could hide a bomb in his underwear without anybody realizing (it happened before). A woman could hide a bomb in her purse without anybody realizing.
A woman could hide a grenade in her vagina. True story. I know from personal experience. :coffee:

Yeah, in the end, it's not too much to ask if it's only for the oath. But I find it ridiculous that people want to ban it completely.
I don't find it ridiculous that people want to ban it completely when it's such an odd practice. They're covering the most essential part of the body - the face - and it's such a radical choice of clothing in the western world. These people can't expect to be treated normally regardless of what the laws of the land say.

It's like deciding to wear your Halloween ghost costume all year long instead of one day annually, like everyone else does.

Having said that, I'm against banning it because I still believe that people should choose to wear whatever the f*ck they want, as long as it doesn't break the sensible laws that exist regarding attire. And banning the niqab just doesn't work if you wish to integrate those who wear it into society ...

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Niqab meh more like a bedwin culture that creeps the *bleep* out of me

And can only be seen if your in Europe Saudi Arabia Yemen and some parts of Jordan ESP if there overdoing religion

Mind I say some rules in Islam are easy to leapfrog
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
Adit wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Disagree here btw

Grea job by Canada !

You're right, a woman could hide a bomb under her abaya without anybody realizing. But also, a man could strap bombs to his body under his shirt without anybody realizing. A man could hide a bomb in his underwear without anybody realizing (it happened before). A woman could hide a bomb in her purse without anybody realizing.
A woman could hide a grenade in her vagina. True story. I know from personal experience. :coffee:

I don't find it ridiculous that people want to ban it completely when it's such an odd practice. They're covering the most essential part of the body - the face - and it's such a radical choice of clothing in the western world. These people can't expect to be treated normally regardless of what the laws of the land say.

It's like deciding to wear your Halloween ghost costume all year long instead of one day annually, like everyone else does.

Having said that, I'm against banning it because I still believe that people should choose to wear whatever the f*ck they want, as long as it doesn't break the sensible laws that exist regarding attire. And banning the niqab just doesn't work if you wish to integrate those who wear it into society ...

Fair enough, and good point with your last sentence... Banning it is only going to increase the divide. People may find this tradition weird, but then again, you'll find that many foreign cultures look weird from an outsider's point of view. Just accept it and avoid the fuss, right?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 pm

how people can be subjective about freedom is beyond me
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 pm

supra969 wrote:Niqab meh more like a bedwin culture that creeps the *bleep* out of me

So you get scared when women cover their faces? LOL, don't go to any Halloween or costume parties anytime soon. :facepalm:
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:24 am

7amood11 wrote:
supra969 wrote:Niqab meh more like a bedwin culture that creeps the *bleep* out of me

So you get scared when women cover their faces? LOL, don't go to any Halloween or costume parties anytime soon. :facepalm:

Buddy I'm a shop owner I have nothing against them but I have to deal with them on a daily basis

When I posted this two of the, came to my shop it was my shift they kept on talking with a low sound then bam she asks me what's the price and then bam she starts shouting at me like I'm about to rape her
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next