Guiltybystander
InterMalia
Senor Penguin
Swanhends
The Franchise
Grande_Milano
10 posters

Go down

Ok, how clean are UEFA competitions? Empty Ok, how clean are UEFA competitions?

Post by Grande_Milano Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:29

My concerns:

Bayern-Fio (Platini at stadium, laughing and watching clear offside goal on last minute)
Barca-Chelsea (you ve seen, I am amused at the denial of some ppl, though I was rooting against Chelsea)
Barca-Arsenal (2 offside goals)

List matches that you suspect were fixed. And, how influensive is Bwin?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Ok, how clean are UEFA competitions? Empty Re: Ok, how clean are UEFA competitions?

Post by The Franchise Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:38

Why would Bayern and Flo be fixed...only for Bayern to lose in the final later on?

This "fix" crap is that, simply crap. Refs make mistakes, fans are bias, haters want to hate...its football.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Ok, how clean are UEFA competitions? Empty Re: Ok, how clean are UEFA competitions?

Post by Swanhends Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:41

The Franchise wrote:Why would Bayern and Flo be fixed...only for Bayern to lose in the final later on?

This "fix" crap is that, simply crap. Refs make mistakes, fans are bias, haters want to hate...its football.

Not saying I agree with the conspiracy theories but ESPN said United were going to lose upwards of 20 million pounds due to missing out on the knockouts...I assume the same could be said of Bayern when they were playing Fiorentina
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:41

Cleaner than the Russian elections

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:42

Senor Penguin wrote:Cleaner than the Russian elections

True Story. 50 000 on Saturday wanna join?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:43

The Franchise wrote:Why would Bayern and Flo be fixed...only for Bayern to lose in the final later on?

Ok, how clean are UEFA competitions? Da71ede276_122931
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:43

Inter v Barca

A Portuguese ref, eruptions of an airplane killing Eyjafjallajökull and Massimo Moratti :coffee:

Last edited by InterMalia on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:48; edited 1 time in total
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:45

Match fixing does happens, but not in such high profile matches I think.
And I don't think UEFA would be involved (although they aren't clean, I can imagine the richer bigger clubs lobbying quite a bit and having influence over their rulings) with the fixing. However, matches like yesterday's RM-Ajax/Lyon-Zagreb would probably have been influenced by betting agencies paying of Zagreb and the referees for Ajax match.

Betting influences are said to be very, very influential in the game. I remember watching a match last year thinking "dude, this is fixed" and indeed, was one of those matches involved in the Turkish betting scandal.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:45

bhends wrote:

Not saying I agree with the conspiracy theories but ESPN said United were going to lose upwards of 20 million pounds due to missing out on the knockouts...I assume the same could be said of Bayern when they were playing Fiorentina

I see.

So one could say, Bayern may have paid someone/influenced someone so they didnt lose out on the 20m or more?

Motivation I guess, but yeah, still dont buy it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:45

InterMalia wrote:Inter v Barca

A Portuguese ref, eruptions of a airplane killing Eyjafjallajökull and Massimo Moratti :coffee:

Dont forget Milito offside goal and the Volcano

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:46

Grande_Milano wrote:

Very logical counter there. Well thought out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:46

bhends wrote:

A Portuguese ref, eruptions of a airplane killing Eyjafjallajökull and Massimo Moratti :coffee:

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:47

Guiltybystander wrote:
bhends wrote:

banana

:coffee:

InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:47

The Franchise wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:

Very logical counter there. Well thought out.

Sometimes pics tell more than words (c)

And try to deny Korean job in 2002 did not exist.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:48

The Franchise wrote:
bhends wrote:

I see.

So one could say, Bayern may have paid someone/influenced someone so they didnt lose out on the 20m or more?

To be honest, I think a more likely scenario in my opinion is something more akin to the NBA's officiating scandal with Tim Donaghy (you seem to follow the NBA so I'll assume your with me) where the officials were never paid off by any team/the league, but there was a lot of talk about how the officials "knew" (as in it was implied to them by higher officials in the league) which team the NBA Front office wanted to win/advance

Was the ref in Fio-Bayern paid off? EXTREMELY unlikely...Could it have been implied to him by higher-up officials in UEFA that it would be better for the organization if a huge money team like Bayern advanced rather than tiny little Fiorentina? At the very least I would say its possible...thought I wouldnt say more without some sort of evidence or an allegation
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:49

Why do you even watch football then if your so convinced?

Dont get people like you. How can you genuinely believe all this nonesense and yet still continue to watch football?

Whats the point?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:50

InterMalia wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
bhends wrote:

banana

:coffee:

That was the name of the Volcano? Shocked

I thought that was you smashing your hands on the keyboard trying to be funny Shocked

I was like "what airplane killed someone? Did I miss something?"

Edit: Actually that explanation doesn't make sense either...I'm losing my mind leave me alone :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:52

bhends wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
bhends wrote:

I see.

To be honest, I think a more likely scenario in my opinion is something more akin to the NBA's officiating scandal with Tim Donaghy (you seem to follow the NBA so I'll assume your with me) where the officials were never paid off by any team/the league, but there was a lot of talk about how the officials "knew" (as in it was implied to them by higher officials in the league) which team the NBA Front office wanted to win/advance

Was the ref in Fio-Bayern paid off? EXTREMELY unlikely...Could it have been implied to him by higher-up officials in UEFA that it would be better for the organization if a huge money team like Bayern advanced rather than tiny little Fiorentina? At the very least I would say its possible...thought I wouldnt say more without some sort of evidence or an allegation

Yeah, I follow.

I get it, but I think like you said without evidence what do we have?

I think the scenario you suggested is probable, I will go with that. Probable.

But making big grand fusses over every questionable ref decisions is pointless.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:53

Eyjafjallajökull managed a no fly zone over big parts in Europe so yeah, it killed airplanes lol.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Thu 08 Dec 2011, 17:55

All corrupt. Examples?

Milan Barcelona semi final
Chelsea Barcelona semi final
Barcelona Inter semi final
Barcelona Arsenal red card
Barcelona Real Madrid red card
Ajax Lyon story

Oh, I mentioned Barcelona 5 times............
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu 08 Dec 2011, 18:11

Divine Intervention wrote:All corrupt. Examples?

Milan Barcelona semi final
Chelsea Barcelona semi final
Barcelona Inter semi final
Barcelona Arsenal red card
Barcelona Real Madrid red card
Ajax Lyon story

Oh, I mentioned Barcelona 5 times............

:bow:
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Thu 08 Dec 2011, 18:13

Why the hell would Platini have any kind of interest to fix games? just put yourself in his shoes and think about the positives and negatives....

ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri 09 Dec 2011, 13:15

Grande_Milano wrote:My concerns:

Bayern-Fio (Platini at stadium, laughing and watching clear offside goal on last minute)
Barca-Chelsea (you ve seen, I am amused at the denial of some ppl, though I was rooting against Chelsea)
Barca-Arsenal (2 offside goals)

List matches that you suspect were fixed. And, how influensive is Bwin?

Are you talking about the 06 CL final, where the referee disallowed a goal for barca and failed to send off eboue and where arsenals only goal came from a dive?

Didn't Fio score an offside goal against bayern as well?

Again you forget the many mayor decision that went against barca in the Barca-Chelsea game.

I don't belive that any of them were fix'd, seeing as in all of those teams got decision against them in those games. I just belive that the referee are humans and makes mistakes :facepalm:

I think that the only game that has a possibility of being fix'd is the Lyon - Zagreb and Ajax - Real Madrid. Something about scoring so many easy goals in 1 half after making a CL campaign where they have had trouble scoring in and disallowing 2 legal goals in the span of 3-5 minutes is very suspicious

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down