Baggio hails Juve and Italy

Go down

Baggio hails Juve and Italy  Empty Baggio hails Juve and Italy

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:08 pm

The legendary Roberto Baggio expects Juventus and the Italian national side to fight for honours over the next 12 months.

Baggio was a star for both teams during a glittering career and he’s confident that, after some tough times, the Bianconeri and the Azzurri can compete for silverware again.

“Juventus can win the Scudetto this season and I’m sure that Italy will do well at Euro 2012,” Baggio stated on Monday afternoon.

“Italian football is starting to pick itself up. There seems to be more focus on younger players and this is very positive.

“There are now some of our club sides who are doing well in Europe again and this helps everyone in our game.

“There are also Italian teams who are playing some really attractive football – Udinese, Milan and Juventus are doing really well.”

Italy’s European Cup hopes took a slight knock on Friday when they were grouped with Spain, the Republic of Ireland and Croatia at the European Championship.

“I think that Italy boss Cesare Prandelli has done a great job,” Baggio, scorer of 27 goals in 56 caps, continued.

“I do think that we’ll do well at Euro 2012.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down