Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey

5 posters

Go down

Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey Empty Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey

Post by everest1 Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:30 am

from dirty tackle:

Always looking for a new way to squeeze money out of their most loyal supporters, football clubs have found a new racket that could soon become common practice -- letting fans pay to have a tiny picture of themselves worn by the player of their choice.

Taking a cue from the Million Dollar Homepage, Sevilla have become the first top flight football club to sell small squares within each player's number on the back of their shirts featuring a photo of the buyer for €24.9 each.

The idea of a company called Playing 2, Sevilla fans (or anyone else) can go to their website, select the player they want to wear their mug and the exact spot on the number they want to appear for the entire season.

From Footy-Boots.com:
As mentioned, Sevilla are the first team to utilize this money-making scheme and will soon be joined by fellow Spaniards Granada, with the Welsh Rugby Union team set to hand a UK debut to Playing 2 during the Six Nations.

Despite being only a 2 x 2mm picture (yes, that's right, millimetres) Sevilla have reported a positive reaction from fans, commenting "People do seem willing to pay for the chance to be on the back of their idol,"

Clubs will welcome that positive fan reaction, too — as Playing 2 offers a seriously lucrative source of revenue; with 3,142 photos capable of being crammed into a single number, each digit on a player's jersey is potentially worth over 75,000 Euros.

That won't exactly fund the next €50 million transfer, but if your club is in financial trouble, it could help.
As long as fans are willing to pay for this, it seems like a no-brainer for pretty much every club in the world to jump on board. There just better be someone checking these pictures before they get printed onto the players' shirts so no one sneaks a full moon or a rival club's crest on there. Then again, at 2x2mm, no one would notice anyway...
Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey Sevilla_fans_paying_to_have_tiny_photo_of_themselves_on_players_shirts

if i was a sevilla fan, i'd be all over this! is it worth the €24.9? discuss :coffee:
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey Empty Re: Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 am

That is very very cool. Not sure if I would pay for it, but if one of my clubs did this I'd be pretty excited. Very innovative idea as well.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey Empty Re: Sevilla fans pay to have photo on official jersey

Post by andiii Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:03 am

i wouldn't pay 2p in all honesty

it'd only be worth it if you were able to buy a replica of the shirt or something. or at least a big photo print showing your pic on it too
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:05 am

It would be tough for me to pay that much to have it done but it would be pretty awesome
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 am

You'd have to be a lobotomy patient to go along with this bunch of shat
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down