How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge?

+74
jibers
Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
breva
Unique
futbol
Lucifer
El Gunner
M99
MaraVilla
Zealous
Busby Babe
che
Onyx
Lex
Helmer
BarcaLearning
Pip
Robespierre
izzy
RED
the xcx
S
El Jefe
free_cat
donttreadonred
cyberman
Abramovich
animal.crackers
julias
Uncanny
Tomwin Lannister
Dnmac4
B-Mac
LeSwagg James
Red Alert
RedOranje
CBarca
Arquitecto
Swanhends
iftikhar
ExtremistEnigma
Grooverider
RedFlag
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
boss
danyjr
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Blue
REWB
EL Patron
lszanto
Twoism
Dutti
lenear1030
Highburied
RealGunner
Jay29
The Franchise
Sushi Master
Amar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
urbaNRoots
BIG$PETER
chaval
BiasedMilanFan3
Adit
The Madrid One
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
Gil
78 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge? - Page 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge?

Post by RedOranje Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 am

I don't care about Newcastle's forums. Those users are not Mole and he (obviously) doesn't share all of their opinions. Mole is Mole.

All I'm concerned about is his unfair treatment of two of our players, and the fact that he's attacking someone else for defending LFC "because they're Liverpool" when he attacks the club and/or its players for much the same reason. That's it. It's nothing to do with Newcastle, or Newcastle fans, or Newcastle fansites. It's just Mole and his unfair assessment.

There's really no need to make this some greater conflict, though I know you do so love to bring entire fanbases/forums into things, Sepi.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge? - Page 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge?

Post by McAgger Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 am

Alright Moal. Borini is definitely worth his 11m price tag. His season has been hampered with injuries but he has shown glimpses of the sort of player he could be with a full season of consistent playing time under his belt.

I do think we overpaid for Joe Allen, and having played more than half a season, you could say it's fair to judge him, but completely writing him off is a bit extreme. His situation is more like Hendersons. Hendo is finally proving that the 16m price tag we paid wasn't too steep after all. Joe Allen certainly has shown enough quality to suggest that he can repeat Hendo's feats, although our necessity for a player of his abilities was, is, and might be questionable.

And I don't know where you are getting the 30m from. It was 27m. the other 3m was Assaidi's price tag. So yes, our net spending was 30m in just transfers (if you don't want to count the huge sums we saved on wages).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 am

I don't see anything wrong with what i said tbh.

I don't ever see either Allen or Borini being important first team players.

Feel free to disagree but that's my opinion, i just feel you have better players and some cases younger players in their positions.

Oh and Sepi is so defensive sometimes Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Alright Moal. Borini is definitely worth his 11m price tag. His season has been hampered with injuries but he has shown glimpses of the sort of player he could be with a full season of consistent playing time under his belt.

I do think we overpaid for Joe Allen, and having played more than half a season, you could say it's fair to judge him, but completely writing him off is a bit extreme. His situation is more like Hendersons. Hendo is finally proving that the 16m price tag we paid wasn't too steep after all. Joe Allen certainly has shown enough quality to suggest that he can repeat Hendo's feats, although our necessity for a player of his abilities was, is, and might be questionable.

And I don't know where you are getting the 30m from. It was 27m. the other 3m was Assaidi's price tag. So yes, our net spending was 30m in just transfers (if you don't want to count the huge sums we saved on wages).
This is preposterous tbh, Allen has shown more glimpses of awesomeness than has Borini. Borini has been decent since his return from injury but he is overhyped in this forum like he has won us a trophy or something.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
danyjr wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spending 30m on two players called Allen and Borini isn't a respectful budget?

He did extremely well in the January market getting Coutinho and Sturridge for a similar amount but lets not act as he has been feeding off scraps.

Rodgers has still had a very respectable amount to spend with mixed results so far.

Nothing like Dalglish of course but that budget was insane and was spent on crap.
See, this is what I don't like. People have forgotten that Liverpool are a top club and think £30 million is a generous transfer budget to work with. Every club above them in the table (except Everton) have spent more (United £45m, City £45m, Chelsea £75m, Spurs £60m, Arsenal £50m). Why shouldn't Liverpool? Especially a team that needed players more than the others after all the shit Dalglish bought.

Firstly stop living in the past, they finished 8th last season and 7th this season.

Secondly 30m wasn't their summer budget it was just how much they spent on those two players and they went again in January and spent between 20-30 again on another two players.

Last but no means least.... Arsenal and Spurs may have spent more but only because they balanced that out with major sales.... Liverpool actually spent more then them net wise.

Their budget was more than enough, not the board's fault Rodgers spent 30 of it on squad players at best.

I'm used to seeing excuses made for Liverpool because of who they used to be though.
1. This club isn't about two seasons ago or five seasons ago. It is about 50+ glorious years before me and you even existed.

2. Let's not forget the fact that Liverpool needed signings much more than Arsenal and Spurs did. They have had a shit squad for 3 seasons and what Rodgers is doing is mainly cleaning up the shit that had been left in the club since Rafa left. And let's not forget Andy Carroll, you should know the deal better than anyone else. Not to mention that if you're not in CL you won't get players for cheap.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 13, 2013 8:41 am

I agree with mole to an extent.

30m POUNDS is A LOT. We're not in the CL. We havn't been in the CL for 4-5 years. And we're still competing with the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea (to an extent) and spending a lot more than Arsenal financially.

Before the last January (2013) window, we wasted over 55 mil on Downing and Carroll ffs. Yes that's in the past blah blah but it's still affecting the club today. On the bright side, we're trying to get it right bringing in Sturridge and Coutinho plus the two scouts from City.

__

As for Sturridge, I'm still not sure he's the one to lead the line for us... although he has excellent off the ball movement. Infact, the runs he makes and his positioning is probably Torres-esque. But I still find him awkward on the ball and is quite selflish (one of my concerns when we first signed him). Kudos on his first ever hattrick though. More of the same. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
danyjr wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spending 30m on two players called Allen and Borini isn't a respectful budget?

He did extremely well in the January market getting Coutinho and Sturridge for a similar amount but lets not act as he has been feeding off scraps.

Rodgers has still had a very respectable amount to spend with mixed results so far.

Nothing like Dalglish of course but that budget was insane and was spent on crap.
See, this is what I don't like. People have forgotten that Liverpool are a top club and think £30 million is a generous transfer budget to work with. Every club above them in the table (except Everton) have spent more (United £45m, City £45m, Chelsea £75m, Spurs £60m, Arsenal £50m). Why shouldn't Liverpool? Especially a team that needed players more than the others after all the shit Dalglish bought.

Firstly stop living in the past, they finished 8th last season and 7th this season.

Secondly 30m wasn't their summer budget it was just how much they spent on those two players and they went again in January and spent between 20-30 again on another two players.

Last but no means least.... Arsenal and Spurs may have spent more but only because they balanced that out with major sales.... Liverpool actually spent more then them net wise.

Their budget was more than enough, not the board's fault Rodgers spent 30 of it on squad players at best.

I'm used to seeing excuses made for Liverpool because of who they used to be though.
lol.. see that's where you are wrong. We sold/released Aquilani, Aurelio, Bellamy, Cole, Kuyt, Maxi all of whom were on massive wages. Our new signings earn almost half of what they used to earn.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 13, 2013 8:52 am

Whilst that is true Enigma, we did overpaid for Allen. 15m is a lot of money. He is talented and was unlucky that his injury has forced him out now to give him a chance but we could of spent that more wisely.

And Borini, Coutinho, Sturridge and Allen all get around 200-250k between them. Aquilani, Bellamy, Cole, Kuyt and Maxi were all rumoured to be on 70k+ individually. All rumoured of course... but Rodgers did have money to spend.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon May 13, 2013 9:22 am

Allen - 45k
Assaidi - 21k
Borini - 45k
Coutinho - 50k
Sturridge - 60k

Adam - 60k
Aquilani - 90k
Aurelio - 60k
Bellamy - 90k
Cole - 90k
Kuyt - 80k
Maxi - 90k

All in pounds.

That's 15.1m saved on wages this year.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:11 am

BUMP :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

He's now a team player, playing in a team that f*cking loves him and gives him the opportunity to shine. His talent was never a doubt. Now he's matured more than ever.
Spoiler:

How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge? - Page 4 9530816894_0de60befe4_o

How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge? - Page 4 IblTAWVrgyNfgJ
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 am

His performance from last night
Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:40 am

I rate his goal celebration dance highly Proud 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:56 am

I rate his carrying of my fantasy team so far :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:01 am

LOL, I remember people on here throwing a fit when I said Daniel Sturridge was the best of the young English players and a much better talent then Jack Wilshere.

I also wondered aloud on here why in the hell Chelsea thought it was a good idea to sell the best young English striker as there are not really a lot of them out there for a fee of 12 million??????????????

I mean for that fee why wouldn't they just keep him and see the player he develops into, I mean it was highly unlikely even if he didn't get any better that he would ever sell for less then 12 mill being English and all.

If there is a team in the EPL who could use a young, English Striker with a great scoring rate I would say Chelsea fits the bill to a Tee right now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:05 am

He's pretty damn good now. I'll admit I wasn't a fan of him at Chelsea. But he's coming good for Pool. Rich mans Welbeck.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 am

so England for next years world cup then :coffee: on the backs of Sturridge and Rooney
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:39 am

It'll probably end up being Gerrard who carries them.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:39 am

Kick wrote:He is already, and he will only get more important.

He will be a starting RWF or CF for years to come.
Crying or Very sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:40 am

Kick wrote:

Crying or Very sad
Seriously thank you for him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 am

McAgger wrote:
Kick wrote:

Crying or Very sad
Seriously thank you for him.
I was one of his biggest fans, I am actually wearing one of his Chelsea kits right now.

Crying or Very sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:49 am

I don't know if the stories of his arrogance at Chelsea were true but he seems like a very humble, family oriented guy, church going lad whose confidence is mistaken for arrogance. He has great belief in his ability which at times makes him look selfish but he very much is a team player.

In page 2 or 3 in this thread I explained the difference between 'bad selfish' and 'good selfish' and I said Sturridge was hovering above the 'bad selfish' at that time and he was. However, he's definitely now the good sort of selfish in that he's carrying us and knows when to be selfish and when not to (a characteristic that true WC players have) as opposed to blindly ball-hogging and stat padding.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 am

He was never arrogant, he just wanted time to prove himself, he was unfairly treated with us and shipped out when he should have been starting over Torres.

He was selfish at times but that was always because he had belief in himself, given enough time he'll learn (like he is now) and people won't mention it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 am

Only coach at Chelsea who ever really believed in him was AVB, and they shipped him out for it. Unfair to both the manager and the player.

Great to see Rodgers is taking the AVB way and letting him flourish.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:48 am

Nah he's a good player who wasn't given the trust by the Chelsea hierarchy.  So when people called him arrogant and selfish, like kick said, he wanted to prove to everyone that he could do it, and honestly I could see that frustration in him for not getting the chances.  I wish they never treated him like they did, but he has his chance to shine now that he's at Liverpool, he's doing great there, I bet everyone at Chelsea's hierarchy are like damn.... We let him go and got Ba instead.... Not to down Ba, but sturridge does score good goals
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 am

@Kick: got any young talented players! We gave you three so we still owe two more.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:03 am

I hated his game when he was at Chelsea because the greed was stupid lol there were times when he'd do a 720 just to engineer space for himself to shoot.

But at Liverpool he is a much better player and I rate him highly now, I really hope he goes to the WC.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next