How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge?

+74
jibers
Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
breva
Unique
futbol
Lucifer
El Gunner
M99
MaraVilla
Zealous
Busby Babe
che
Onyx
Lex
Helmer
BarcaLearning
Pip
Robespierre
izzy
RED
the xcx
S
El Jefe
free_cat
donttreadonred
cyberman
Abramovich
animal.crackers
julias
Uncanny
Tomwin Lannister
Dnmac4
B-Mac
LeSwagg James
Red Alert
RedOranje
CBarca
Arquitecto
Swanhends
iftikhar
ExtremistEnigma
Grooverider
RedFlag
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
boss
danyjr
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Blue
REWB
EL Patron
lszanto
Twoism
Dutti
lenear1030
Highburied
RealGunner
Jay29
The Franchise
Sushi Master
Amar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
urbaNRoots
BIG$PETER
chaval
BiasedMilanFan3
Adit
The Madrid One
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
Gil
78 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge? - Page 3 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge?

Post by McAgger Sun May 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Suarez, Rooney, RVP, Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Berbatov

I can't think of anyone else who is head and shoulders better than Sturridge in the ST department.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge? - Page 3 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Daniel Sturridge?

Post by Gil Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 pm

How isn't he top 10 in the PL?

Only players I'd have ahead of him are Suarez, RVP, Rooney, Tevez and Aguero. That's basically it surprisingly. Top striker 6/7 striker at worst.

And lol at Suarez would score that. I think he has the worst conversion rate in the League lol.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Gil wrote:
And lol at Suarez would score that. I think he has the worst conversion rate in the League lol.

Did you even watch our match??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun May 12, 2013 6:18 pm

How do you expect the main striker to not be selfish? Shocked
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 12, 2013 6:22 pm

I'll bump this thread when you all get fed up with his selfishness and it starts to cost us points. I just hope Rodgers works with him in that regard this summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun May 12, 2013 6:26 pm

After Sterling and Shrlvey, looks like Sturridge is the next on Messiahs hit list Proud . Suarez does that all the time going for impossible angels. Both of them need to improve that

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spending 30m on two players called Allen and Borini isn't a respectful budget?

He did extremely well in the January market getting Coutinho and Sturridge for a similar amount but lets not act as he has been feeding off scraps.

Rodgers has still had a very respectable amount to spend with mixed results so far.

Nothing like Dalglish of course but that budget was insane and was spent on crap.
See, this is what I don't like. People have forgotten that Liverpool are a top club and think £30 million is a generous transfer budget to work with. Every club above them in the table (except Everton) have spent more (United £45m, City £45m, Chelsea £75m, Spurs £60m, Arsenal £50m). Why shouldn't Liverpool? Especially a team that needed players more than the others after all the shit Dalglish bought.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun May 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:After Sterling and Shrlvey, looks like Sturridge is the next on Messiahs hit list Proud . Suarez does that all the time going for impossible angels. Both of them need to improve that

Notice how they're all English. No agenda there at all obviously.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Laughing yeah my English agenda is so obvious. It has nothing to do with me hoping my team does better.

Let's ignore the fact that Gerrard is my all time favorite player. The fact that I have been one of the most avid supporters of Henderson even through his tough times. And that I continue to defend Johnson with all the slating he gets.

Yes Gil you have figured me out, I'm an English hater Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 12, 2013 6:48 pm

He has become a better player since joining Liverpool. He was going nowhere at Chelsea.

About the selfish issue, A striker has to take command if there is a chance for himself. There is nothing wrong with it. And I have never seen Sturridge acting Selfish when Suarez is around, because he knows that they both can share the burden of scoring. But when Sturridge is playing as a sole striker, then he has the right to be selfish. If he is the best finisher in the side then there is no point taking risks in fancy passes.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Gil wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:After Sterling and Shrlvey, looks like Sturridge is the next on Messiahs hit list Proud . Suarez does that all the time going for impossible angels. Both of them need to improve that

Calm down
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun May 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Laughing yeah my English agenda is so obvious. It has nothing to do with me hoping my team does better.

Let's ignore the fact that Gerrard is my all time favorite player. The fact that I have been one of the most avid supporters of Henderson even through his tough times. And that I continue to defend Johnson with all the slating he gets.

Settle down. My point is you're always incredibly harsh on the English lads.

He's scored 10 goals since January. Think only Messi/Ronaldo/Balotelli and Cavani have bettered that tally.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun May 12, 2013 6:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Gil wrote:

Calm down

I'm calm.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Laughing yeah my English agenda is so obvious. It has nothing to do with me hoping my team does better.

You forgot to mention Carragher.

Only shit Kenny bought is Downing.

You are only selfish if you don't pass the ball to a player in better position (to score). A striker will take his chances. BTW, I think if Sturridge plays regularly, he will not be selfish. He hasn't played for games and just to eager (selfish!) to stake his claim.

Why the hell we didn't take Sturridge + £38 million for Torres!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun May 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Gil wrote:

Settle down. My point is you're always incredibly harsh on the English lads.

He's scored 10 goals since January. Think only Messi/Ronaldo/Balotelli and Cavani have bettered that tally.

In 2013 the highest league goalscorers are Messi Ronaldo and Benteke :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm

So we are accusing of Messiah of prejudice against English players? What incentive would he have? Need I remind you of all the English players Messiah highly admires and respects?

No need for the needless white-knighting Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:He has become a better player since joining Liverpool. He was going nowhere at Chelsea.

About the selfish issue, A striker has to take command if there is a chance for himself. There is nothing wrong with it. And I have never seen Sturridge acting Selfish when Suarez is around, because he knows that they both can share the burden of scoring. But when Sturridge is playing as a sole striker, then he has the right to be selfish. If he is the best finisher in the side then there is no point taking risks in fancy passes.

Right to be selfish?

I understand what you're saying and to some extent I agree, but if the better option is to pass it, then Sturridge should be passing it.

As a striker yeah you should be more selfish than most players, but as a player in general you're supposed to be helping your team win, not going for personal glory. If it's a better option to pass it, it's Sturridge's obligation to do so, otherwise he's hurting the team by being selfish.

I understand as a striker you give these players a certain bit of leeway for being selfish as they are the best finishers on the team(typically) but that doesn't excuse selfishness when it rears its ugly head.

Defoe would be such a better player if he didn't waste possession 20,000 times per game by shooting the ball wide or over from ridiculous ranges/angles. It's selfish and it hurts the team. Adebayor might be a piss poor finisher, especially for a striker, but I appreciate his selflessness and I think for Spurs he's been better than Defoe has in the second half of the season.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun May 12, 2013 11:39 pm

There was only one instance against Fulham where there was clearly a better option on than shooting for Sturridge and he was chasing a hattrick at the time as well as being in a very good position to shoot himself. It's no surprise at all that he took the shot. That's simply the sign of a striker in good confidence who thinks he can score. If he'd done it 5 or 6 times then it would be an issue, but once in a match when he's on a hattrick and the other options have a combined 2 or 3 goals in the league all season? I have no problem with him taking the shot then, and neither would anyone else if it had gone in or been deflected/parried out to one of the other attacking players.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon May 13, 2013 12:25 am

It's disgusting how his perceived arrogance clouds people's judgment of his talent. He's a bit of a knob on the pitch, yes but physically and technically he's as good as any striker U-24 atm.

There's a reason his fellow pros and managers constantly was lyrical about his quality. Balotelli, Mancini, Sir Alex, Ashley Cole, Hazard, Mata, Thiago, AVB, Lampard, Rooney, Owen etc.

Google some of their quotes on him. You'll be shocked by some of them.

All that he lacks at the moment is consistency, experience and a proper mentor. I think he has that in Rodgers and in Liverpool which aren't a "win now" club at this moment in time, so he won't be under pressure to perform week in week out unlike his spells at City/Chelsea.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 13, 2013 12:35 am

The truth is Daniel Sturridge has exceeded our expectations. Our expectations as Liverpool fans, the neutrals and bar the long time DS23 followers such as Gil, even Chelsea fans.

His move from Chelsea has been proven to be motivated simply by his own desires & hunger and not disappointment with the club stature or progress itself. Here was a man who simply wanted a chance to go central and score goals where he can optimizes upon them at his best.

At Liverpool he has shown the diligence and work ethic to improve all aspects of his game. Gone is his once indifferent work rate for a prism of pure energy, movement, work ethic fueled by his inner hunger to perform and prove his doubters wrong.

Gone is his once weak right foot. His left is obviously preferred yet I've seen him do things with his right foot that Downing cannot do with his left.

Proven is his ability to link-up, understand and coordinate with his team-mates. Forget Suarez or Coutinho, his orgasmic link-up play with Fabio Borini just today was marvellous to watch. Even at Chelsea or Bolton he had that ability to unlock the defence with one swift pass with his left that splits the defence like butter.

Most of all, he leads the line better than ANYONE in our squad, even Suarez. Holds the ball in the right position, plays players well into them within space and does it all with pure conviction. Most of all? He scores goals and lots of them. Shown himself to be a big game presence.

His selfishness is mistaken, as Danny is more Ruthless than selfish, a trait we have lacked since Torres left.

What he WILL have to work on is his decision making within open spaces to which his ability to calculate all the options presented to him is in stark contrast to his confidence to undertake and harness pressure in tight spaces to which he thrives upon. Yet improvements are there and ever present. He is an absolute joy to watch and we all love him. Rather have him than recalling Andy Carroll any day of the week.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 13, 2013 1:06 am

Okay let me clear something up here.

First, I could not be happier that we have someone like Sturridge in our team. He adds a whole new dynamic to the squad and will be a very important piece of a winning formula. Especially for a team who is in our situation, we are not in a position to look with negativity towards quality players because we are not at the same level as our prestige indicates. In 6 short months I'm already growing in fondness towards DS15.

When I criticize him, it should not be taken in the negative way that I have some sort personal agenda against him. I know a lot of fans who overrate their clubs players purely based on bias, and I can tell you that I'm guilty on occasion in that regard. If we believe every hype for every player then Liverpool should be challenging for the title, not merely bringing up the rearguard of the top sides in PL. I want to analyze his game without any bias and give a level headed opinion on where I think he stands. I would not throw accusations at players merely because of a personal agenda against them. I never have done it before and don't intend to.

When I say he's selfish, it is because since his move in January he has been greedy on many an occasion. Something I hope he improves as he matures with age. And this argument about every main striker being selfish is moot because there are two types of selfish. There is good-selfish and there is bad-selfish. At the moment DS15 is hovering above the bad-selfish, meaning he's taking shots from acute angles in situations where a pass to a teammate would've been easier and a sure goal. He's opting to dribble longer on the ball when a simple pass would put a teammate through on goal. With time I hope he translates this swagger and selfishness into the good-selfish category where he puts the team on his back when others are struggling and wins us points single handedly. That's the sort of selfish ruthlessness you guys are talking about and Sturridge does have it, mind you, but very inconsistently.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 am

danyjr wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spending 30m on two players called Allen and Borini isn't a respectful budget?

He did extremely well in the January market getting Coutinho and Sturridge for a similar amount but lets not act as he has been feeding off scraps.

Rodgers has still had a very respectable amount to spend with mixed results so far.

Nothing like Dalglish of course but that budget was insane and was spent on crap.
See, this is what I don't like. People have forgotten that Liverpool are a top club and think £30 million is a generous transfer budget to work with. Every club above them in the table (except Everton) have spent more (United £45m, City £45m, Chelsea £75m, Spurs £60m, Arsenal £50m). Why shouldn't Liverpool? Especially a team that needed players more than the others after all the shit Dalglish bought.

Firstly stop living in the past, they finished 8th last season and 7th this season.

Secondly 30m wasn't their summer budget it was just how much they spent on those two players and they went again in January and spent between 20-30 again on another two players.

Last but no means least.... Arsenal and Spurs may have spent more but only because they balanced that out with major sales.... Liverpool actually spent more then them net wise.

Their budget was more than enough, not the board's fault Rodgers spent 30 of it on squad players at best.

I'm used to seeing excuses made for Liverpool because of who they used to be though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 13, 2013 1:32 am

^ god....you Newcastle supporters really are obsessed with belittling us, aren't you Mole Very Happy

It's a shame you lot didn't go down, but I look forward to another 6-0 thrashing next year :coffee:

most # of away goals scored in the league :bow: ...THAT ATTACKING FOOTBALL.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 13, 2013 1:34 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firstly stop living in the past, they finished 8th last season and 7th this season.

Secondly 30m wasn't their summer budget it was just how much they spent on those two players and they went again in January and spent between 20-30 again on another two players.

Last but no means least.... Arsenal and Spurs may have spent more but only because they balanced that out with major sales.... Liverpool actually spent more then them net wise.

Their budget was more than enough, not the board's fault Rodgers spent 30 of it on squad players at best.

I'm used to seeing excuses made for Liverpool because of who they used to be though.

I would have expected more from you than that, Mole. Judging two players and basically writing them off (and before you say that's not what you've done, reconsider what "squad players at best" really means) despite severe injuries that have hampered the seasons of both.

It's also ironic that you complain about "excuses being made for Liverpool because of who they used to be."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 13, 2013 1:38 am

^ They are obsessed with us on their forums. hate us more than Sunderland. I am glad we ended up being the team who gang-raped them at their own backyards Laughing

hope Pardew stays.....our relentless attacking style will surprise lots next year (this is the first time I'm saying next year is our year since 2009)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 am

I don't care about Newcastle's forums. Those users are not Mole and he (obviously) doesn't share all of their opinions. Mole is Mole.

All I'm concerned about is his unfair treatment of two of our players, and the fact that he's attacking someone else for defending LFC "because they're Liverpool" when he attacks the club and/or its players for much the same reason. That's it. It's nothing to do with Newcastle, or Newcastle fans, or Newcastle fansites. It's just Mole and his unfair assessment.

There's really no need to make this some greater conflict, though I know you do so love to bring entire fanbases/forums into things, Sepi.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next