dostoevsky
JAY-Z
Patrick Bateman
9 posters

Go down

From bad to worse Empty From bad to worse

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:03 am

Kjaer out until January..

So that leave us with Cassetti,Heinze and Juan and you just know Juan is going to pick up an inury during that time.. :facepalm:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

From bad to worse Empty Re: From bad to worse

Post by JAY-Z Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 pm

I understand your frustations Fonz.

Kjaer didnt turn out to be a good signing at all, and top of it he is injury prone :/.

Hope the dude gets well soon, but I cant see him in Roma.

Hope Juan stays fit, we need him to commande the defense or we are doomed ..

Its a good chance, cuz maybe someone of our youngsters could get a call up : )
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Shocked

I feel really bad about stealing Mexes from you guys at the moment, though he's been injured all of this time as well incidentally.

Time for a true Roman warrior to step up from the youth ranks.

If Roma lose anymore to suspension or injury then it will be interesting to guage Enrique's response, particularly if he chooses to trust the youth system or if he employs a tactical solution. The temptation may be to play De Rossi here as well.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:29 pm

dostoevsky wrote: Shocked

I feel really bad about stealing Mexes from you guys at the moment, though he's been injured all of this time as well incidentally.

Time for a true Roman warrior to step up from the youth ranks.

If Roma lose anymore to suspension or injury then it will be interesting to guage Enrique's response, particularly if he chooses to trust the youth system or if he employs a tactical solution. The temptation may be to play De Rossi here as well.

Problem with that is that we sent out our best and most promising defender, Luca Antei, out on loan to Grossetto. We have Loic Nego in our primavera, but he's a right back, so not really needed at the moment. We have guys like Rosato and Barba but they're definitely not ready yet by any means. Our primavera is filled with great midfielders, strikers and even fullbacks, but lacking centerbacks.

And yes, we've mentioned De Rossi being a possible last resort for that position. But the problem is that he's so aggressive that he'll be caught out of position way too much. Put him and Juan together and our defense is going to hemorrhage.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:12 pm

From Goal.com - :facepalm:

Roma's Pablo Daniel Osvaldo faces 10-day ban for punching team-mate Erik Lamela - report

Roma striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo faces a 10-day suspension from the Stadio Olimpico side after allegedly punching team-mate Erik Lamela in the face.

According to Il Messaggero, the incident took place in the aftermath of Roma's 2-0 defeat at Udinese, with Osvaldo lashing out at the youngster following an angry exchange.

The two players reportedly settled their differences in training on Sunday, but Osvaldo can nevertheless expect a hefty fine and a 10-day ban from the capital club.

Coach Luis Enrique could decide on further punishment for the former Espanyol forward, too.

The incident was allegedly linked to the decision by Lamela to shoot when Osvaldo was in support in the latter stages of the defeat, which leaves Roma on just 17 points in sixth place after 12 matches of the Serie A season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:09 pm

:facepalm: indeed
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Was just about to post that ^ mclewis. WTF?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Osvaldo has had a bad run of games and to be honest he could find himself on the bench sooner then later...Borriello needs to be given another try, and Bojan needs to start a few more games. He was probably lashing out due to all the sitters hes missed and the one bicycle kick goal that was disallowed.

I wish the teams would settle this in the dressing room though rather then through the press. The italian media has a way of manipulating things, and making stuff more of an issue then what it really is.

It would be sad if Enrique wasn't given his due time...It would be almost disgraceful to say the least.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Borriello a poor mans Osvaldo..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:13 am

Osvaldo is a poor mans Luca Toni...heh

Why not give Okaka a chance? Maybe Caprari? I'm just saying we have rotated (not always by choice) every other part of our squad on a game by game basis, the only thing that has really stayed constant this year is Osvaldo upfront.

He had a good run the first 5 or so games, but has quickly dried up...To me I don't see much of a difference between Marco and him right now.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:16 am

narbeZ wrote:Osvaldo is a poor mans Luca Toni...heh

Why not give Okaka a chance? Maybe Caprari? I'm just saying we have rotated (not always by choice) every other part of our squad on a game by game basis, the only thing that has really stayed constant this year is Osvaldo upfront.

He had a good run the first 5 or so games, but has quickly dried up...To me I don't see much of a difference between Marco and him right now.

Hehe ..

I agree,I would love to see Caprari given a chance..Very unlikely though...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:17 am

Boriello has one foot out the door I believe. This whole Osvaldo incident probably won't affect his leaving either in January or at the end of the season. I would prefer us give Caprari more time. Okaka hasn't really impressed in quite some time for us. Last game he actually played well in was the last game before he left for Fulham, when he scored that awesome goal and celebrated epically with De Rossi.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:22 am

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:22 am

Remember watching that live. Last minute winner by Okaka with a backheal off a cross from Adrian Pit, something I never thought I would say.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:06 am

Only in Serie A.

I personally feel that Borriello is unfairly maligned, though he's not a great striker. Excellent hold-up play, freakish volleying, though an average finisher which drags him down as a player.

I like Okaka, however he seems destined to share Borriello's career path, he needs someone to invest serious time into him and Osvaldo's absence will surely be only temporary from the line-up. In that sense, a professional and experienced player such as Borriello is more likely to be able to step up for two to three games then recede back into the shadows of the squad, though he deserves more.

Is Borini injured at the moment?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:10 am

dostoevsky wrote:

Is Borini injured at the moment?

til December
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:13 am

Such a pity, he was playing so promisingly at the beginning of the season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 am

Okakas situation is a shame, I used to believe he would be a crucial player for us one day, now it seems unlikely. I hope we either loan him out or just sell him in January because he deserves more playing time and it seems he wont get it at Roma under Enrique and with our depth up front. Whats happening now is holding back his development, he is still young after all and I hope he finds a club that is willing to help him grow as a player by giving him gametime, even if its in another country.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down