Lex
EarlyPrototype
M99
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gervinho to Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Gervinho to Arsenal

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:43 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Walcott got 13 goals and 10 assists last season. Hardly warrants being dropped or replaced.

That's exactly what i mean. Gervinho had a choice of clubs. I'm sure he got some assurances on playing time by Wenger. He's not a youth player... he's established and 24 years old. These are his prime year. Would he really accept a likely bench role? The only way he would is if Arsenal offered the highest wages. And that's not Arsenal's style.

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:
That's exactly what i mean. Gervinho had a choice of clubs. I'm sure he got some assurances on playing time by Wenger. He's not a youth player... he's established and 24 years old. These are his prime year. Would he really accept a likely bench role?

Of course Gervinho would get a reasonable amount of playing time , even if say Walcott and Nasri were the starting wingers . And dont forget , Gervinho's other choice was supposedly Tottenham , a club notorious for buying people and sticking them in the bench for eternity . Add to that the Wenger factor , the man has quite a reputation as backing his signings , he wouldn't be signing a player if he really had no plans for him , unlike say , a certain Harry Redknapp.
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:54 pm

It's dependant on who leaves the club though. If Nasri leaves as expected than it isn't an issue. If he doesn't then Gervinho will have to fight his place in the team.

We have a problem here at Arsenal and it's called inconsitency. We managed to juggle Nasri, Walcott and Arshavin pretty well last year and we usually played the two that were in the best form.

The added competition for places will hopefully make the current player buck their ideas up and add some more consistency to their game.

If Gervinho plays better than the others he'll get in the team.

Also bare in mind Arshavin's and Rosicky's days at the club are numbered. They may not leave this summer, but next summer they probably will.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm

He is very good, good signing by Wenga Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Gervinho will be a starter at Arsenal, that's obvious.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:13 pm

OLpower wrote:Gervinho will be a starter at Arsenal, that's obvious.

Care to elaborate?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:14 pm

He is too good to be on the bench of Arsenal. He will put on the bench whoever is actually holding his future position.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:17 pm

It's ok he will sit on Arsenal's bench and we will sign him the following season for 4.5 million.

Gervinho to Arsenal - Page 2 72ve35

Gervinho to Arsenal - Page 2 Mike-a11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Seriously, Gervinho just crap all over walcott. sorry but he is walking into the 1st eleven if walcott is the only stopping point. I saw both playing, Gervinho looks more mature, more intelligent in his movements, better technically and he has a good deal of pace with him. Probably a lot more consistent as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Walcott does not have 20% of the dribbling capacities of Gervinho. A lot of people thought he was better than Hazard this year.

If he goes to Arsenal and adapt quickly he will be a starter and one of the star of the team. In a team who plays like Arsenal he will do great things.

Arsenal will definitely be a better team with Gervinho in.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:28 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Seriously, Gervinho just crap all over walcott. sorry but he is walking into the 1st eleven if walcott is the only stopping point. I saw both playing, Gervinho looks more mature, more intelligent in his movements, better technically and he has a good deal of pace with him. Probably a lot more consistent as well.

Never mind that Walcott is three years younger and still maturing as a player and has tons more Premier League experience. It's all well and good being a great player in the French League but the Premier League is different.

But hey, it's pointless debating who's better because nobody rates Walcott around here other than us Arsenal fans. Even then, there's a fair few who don't.

What I will say is this: Wenger is notorious for giving players more chances then they probably deserve. He's not going to just suddenly replace a player who's had the best season of his whole short career so far. Forget about who's better and what have you; this alone is enough reason to say that Walcott will be number one choice right winger next season.

Walcott does not have 20% of the dribbling capacities of Gervinho. A lot of people thought he was better than Hazard this year.

If he goes to Arsenal and adapt quickly he will be a starter and one of the star of the team. In a team who plays like Arsenal he will do great things.

This I'm not really disputing. However, whether or not Gervinho can replicate the same form in the Premier League remains to be seen.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Gervinho is better than walcott...just saying

Gervinho to Arsenal - Page 2 Put-down-the-drugs

silly comment!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm

OLpower wrote:Walcott does not have 20% of the dribbling capacities of Gervinho. A lot of people thought he was better than Hazard this year.

I definitely think he was. Hazard wasnt as consistent, and was lacking the killing instinct, but he had that goal against marseille, and he pretty much became the best player in the league
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 pm

I dont know, Arsenal fans keep holding on to this idea that Walcott is gonna be great... im sorry he just wont. he is decding to punt the ball less nowadays and to stay onside. His pace will always give him the edge, but he isnt gonna go much higher than what we see at the moment.

Let's not waste time comparing both players as you said GoonerJay, but Gervinho is gonna bench Walcott sooner than later. I understand the feeling of wanting to protect those at the club already, but that wont save him from Gervinho, he is a notch above his level.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:08 pm

arsenal looking to have a great squad next season, like always.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Walcott is incredibly underrated....its ridiculous. People think that all he has is pace, which is absolutely idiotic. I'm sorry, but there is no other way to describe it.
This coming from madrid fans who still think that Gago has a future...ffs.
Walcott is 21, and he has improved on many things since his last season. Plenty of room for improvement, but writing him off at this age is just something that defies belief.
I'm honestly just too shocked to make a proper, constructive post.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Iceman wrote:Walcott is incredibly underrated....its ridiculous. People think that all he has is pace, which is absolutely idiotic. I'm sorry, but there is no other way to describe it.
This coming from madrid fans who still think that Gago has a future...ffs.
Walcott is 21, and he has improved on many things since his last season. Plenty of room for improvement, but writing him off at this age is just something that defies belief.
I'm honestly just too shocked to make a proper, constructive post.
Crap post of the day. Walcott beats his man with pace, Gervinho does it with pace AND technic. He has got higher work rate as well and can deliver the final ball for the forwards, something that Walcott is still thoroughly lacking...
Are you fady by chance?Very Happy You sound as biased as him Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:36 pm

@Iceman, trust me gago is average, and so is Walcott.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 pm

I guess this is the end of Arshavin then?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:40 pm

We are not saying Walcott is bad. But he is inferior compared to Gervinho so it would be stupid to play him instead of Gervinho.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:43 pm

i havent seen gervinho play, we will see what he does in the epl, if he can hack it.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm

This probably puts to bed the rumours that wenger will sign Benzema which some on this forum suggested . I always found that rumour ridiculous tbh .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:49 pm

I never said he is superior to Gervinho...but to completely rule out his chance of becoming a very good player is beyond me. Its like people took the "no footballing brain" comment and ran along with it instead of actually analyzing the situation on their own.

Walcott's runs this season have improved. His finishing has been excellent, his pressing second to none in the squad, his final ball improved, his first touch improved....literally, everything about him went up to another level. Who is to say that "this will be the best we'll ever see" out of him? Its like criticizing Gomez for doing nothing except being a good poacher.

Better yet, who the hell was Gervinho a few years ago? Who was Ozil? You see where I'm going with this, don't you? Its completely idiotic to rule out Walcott's chances seeing that he's still 21. He's not 25, he's not a finished article...he's only 21 and being played out of his favorable position. His statistics speak for themselves, especially if you consider the games in which he got those goals/assists.

He's underrated. As simple as that.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 pm

One way or the other, Arsenal fans are winning, they are about to get both, that's a lot of speed on the wings.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Walcott was pretty good from what i saw of him this . Better than most right wingers in the league . Certainly better than Bale .

I think most here under rate because of the English youngsters are hyped thing .

Also isnt this the first really good season Gervinho has had ? IIRC he was touted for around 5/6 mil last season . If Gervinho can have a breakthrough at 24 i dont why Walcott should be judged as a finished article at 21 .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:02 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Walcott was pretty good from what i saw of him this . Better than most right wingers in the league . Certainly better than Bale .

I think most here under rate because of the English youngsters are hyped thing .

Also isnt this the first really good season Gervinho has had ? IIRC he was touted for around 5/6 mil last season . If Gervinho can have a breakthrough at 24 i dont why Walcott should be judged as a finished article at 21 .

Thank you
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next