fadjriemilan
Forza
Giancarlo
Superpeppe
Milantildeath
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Merkel???? Also Strasser?!!! Empty Merkel???? Also Strasser?!!!

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:04 am

What are we going to do with these two youngsters next season? Merkel is thought do be the next Bastian while Strasser is in the long run supposed to be like Seedorf (I don't believe he will get there) and with the mid fielders we have right now, and with who will be coming in I don't see them playing much unless there are a crazy amount of injuries next season. It's not that they aren't talented, it's just their lack of experience. Right now with the players we have I see Prince, Seedorf, Gattuso, Van Bommel, Ambrosini, Flamini and Emmanuelson all getting in before them, and that's not even including Mr. X or even Y for that matter. Should we loan them out? or keep them with us and see if they can get some play time? Both have a bright future no doubt, and I'd hate to see their development hindered in any way possible. The only way I can see them getting in is because Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Seedorf and Gattuso have old legs, but even then they can all be rotated and rested considering we only have three mid spots. Thoughts?

Merkel???? Also Strasser?!!! Alexander-merkel-vs-sampdoria
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Merkel???? Also Strasser?!!! Empty Re: Merkel???? Also Strasser?!!!

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 am

I keep saying that milan needs to take a chance and have this players start few games.
If we play Merkel or strasser they will get better. See what happened with Abate he played and got experience. That's why I don't think we need to buy new players. We also have to think about the numerous games we have to play.

We should definately have younger player play the coppa italia. so they can get experince.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:15 am

Ya I'm a huge fan of Merkel, I think Strasser is good, but not on the level of Merkel. If we didn't get "Mr. X" I'd say why not throw Merkel there, and let's not forget that Emmanuelson can play there and can do it well. Mr. X better be worth putting Emmanuelson on the bench and throwing merkel lower in the pecking order.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:20 am

Milantildeath wrote:Ya I'm a huge fan of Merkel, I think Strasser is good, but not on the level of Merkel. If we didn't get "Mr. X" I'd say why not throw Merkel there, and let's not forget that Emmanuelson can play there and can do it well. Mr. X better be worth putting Emmanuelson on the bench and throwing merkel lower in the pecking order.

Mr X is only needed to sell jersey. I agree with you lets put merkel in there and see what happens.

Sink or swim.

If he works out like I think he will. Milan will save a lot of money and improve the team for the future
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:21 am

Look at Barca and their sucess with youth! why can't we do that Sad
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 am

exactly my point as well, they took a risk and it's paying off
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 am

I think they have a very long way to go before they are even considered starters for this squad. I think... maybe... Strasser is further along, but still his playing style is very raw and I would not throw him into big games.

Merkel has a very long way to go... and I need to say it. While he's played decently enough in recent games, he was downright horrible in a very important primavera game against Roma's youth team... it was recent.

We can't do like Barca because of one thing.

We don't have a AC Milan B team (like Barcelona's B team), which I've said what we've needed for years. The youngsters need to play more then they are now... and if we had real reserves playing in the Serie B or C then things could be better. In fact we would be able to better see where our young players are at. I think someone in the FIGC called for this.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:45 am

It's all good to talk about midfield rotation, but at least one midfielder will have to be sold when Mr. X arrives and another if Mr. Y arrives.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:49 am

Giancarlo wrote:I think they have a very long way to go before they are even considered starters for this squad. I think... maybe... Strasser is further along, but still his playing style is very raw and I would not throw him into big games.

Merkel has a very long way to go... and I need to say it. While he's played decently enough in recent games, he was downright horrible in a very important primavera game against Roma's youth team... it was recent.

We can't do like Barca because of one thing.

We don't have a AC Milan B team (like Barcelona's B team), which I've said what we've needed for years. The youngsters need to play more then they are now... and if we had real reserves playing in the Serie B or C then things could be better. In fact we would be able to better see where our young players are at. I think someone in the FIGC called for this.

I'm not saying to have them play the derby, but they can easely get in some games.

I agree with a milan b team playing but the serie b would be difficult. They should create a total separete league just for b teams. it would be like having a reserve league where the first team can groom some players.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:52 am

Superpeppe wrote:

I'm not saying to have them play the derby, but they can easely get in some games.

I agree with a milan b team playing but the serie b would be difficult. They should create a total separete league just for b teams. it would be like having a reserve league where the first team can groom some players.

Strasser did play in some until he got injured... unfortunately. I still remember his important goal... who was it against? Cagliari right?

Well, then they would have to start lower. Like Serie C. I don't see the problem with having it in the same league. It works fine in Spain. Villarreal, Barcelona and Madrid all have capable B teams in the Segunda division.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 am

I think both should leave on loan. We can't keep them on our bench.

Barca case is different, as Giancarlo said, they have B team, most of their young players come from B team that plays in Segunda division every weeks.

And also Barca has a very thin first team squad, while we have 30 players in first team.

And also Abate case is different, as he is 23 last season, and physically ready for top level.

I think we should loan them both to lower Serie A team or to Serie B team. Better if they can play in same team as it will be easier for us to see their development.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 am

There were reports saying they would be loaned out to Novara which could be fantastic if they were able to get significant Serie A experience. Wilshere and Sturridge have both improved their games in England through loan spells to Bolton, we should be heeding their example.

Merkel has the greater ceiling, however at 18 he's still far from physically ready - I still can't believe Giovinco pushed him off the ball - however we should be introducing our most talented youngsters to professional football whenever we have the chance. Having to fight for his place in a Serie A club Merkel and Strasser will likely learn far more than they would in another season for our Primavera and if they're good enough we may see them crack the first eleven for a time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 am

I would be against loaning Merkel especially, he's a quality player and was better than Seedorf for most of the season.

Strasser is physically ready, it's a shame he got injured so soon after he scored a match-winning goal.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 am

Giancarlo is right we need a Milan B team to farm out youngsters in. This constant co-ownership and loan deals aren't working and we tend to lose our good talent.

It would be beneficial to the National team as well as youngsters woul dbe playing together for many years already before being starters in the first team.
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:10 am

I'd only keep Merkel around if Emanuelson was let go which seems unlikely at this stage. Otherwise he's third-fourth choice all around. Gattuso, Flamini, Seedorf, Emanuelson, Ambrosini and Boateng would all be more likely to start at right or left centre mid given Allegri's wish for a defensively solid midfield which reduces the threat of a counter-attacking opposition.

I'd like to see Merkel around more, however he's unlikely to feature at the beginning of the season when our squad is initially healthy and fatigue hasn't set in. Perhaps bringing him back from loan in January might be an option if we feel we need Merkel as cover in the second half of the season or if he isn't getting the time we want him to on loan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:56 am

if we end up signing someone like bastian or fab
or even el sharraway (and he doesnt get loaned out)
then merkel should get loaned

for strasser
sadly,
i cant see him being a big hit at milan. he definitely should be included in the asamoah deal that was suggested

cus if you look at it
strasser is 21
asamoah is 22
for just one year more, we get a player thats 5x better
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 am

I heard that some Primaevera talents will be loaned out to Novara, that would be really good! They can gain valuable Serie A experience there. I think Strasser and Merkel will be loaned out and Galliani confirmed Calvano and Fossati will be promoted this season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:16 am

I think Calvano will be the long term replacement to Van Bommel. I'm just throwing that our there now.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 am

To be fair to Strasser he's in a different role to Asamoah. He's far more defensively minded and is by no means a straight swap. Strasser has the opportunity to develop into a solid destroyer type but is quite immature still, whilst Asamoah passes as a box-to-box midfielder but struggles without numbers to support him in midfield. When Udinese tried to play four across midfield the central pairing of Inler and Asamoah was being overrun. Udinese only achieved stability when a striker was dropped to allow an extra pair of heels in midfield. He's young and can grow a lot though, I'm simply not that much of a fan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am

So many good points already brought up.. dammit! Crying or Very sad

I think loaning both would be great experience for them, but we must do so witht he right intentions.. we've had many talents over the years and most of them we send on a loaning crusade around Serie A , B and C. If we're gonna send out Merkel and Strasser it must be made clear to them to treat the opportunity of first team football exactly like if they were playing for Milan.. i would like to see them both work hard for form and first team football and get rewarded with some Serie A football.

We can't do to them what we did with so many of our talents, especially Di Gennaro who was a phenom at primavera lvl.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:16 pm

I think Novara could represent a good opportunity and we should merely loan them (no co-ownership). They could gain important experience there.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 am

With the crazy number of matches next season and if we want to be competitive in all comeptitions, with the ages of many of our midfielders (Vanbommel, Gat, Seedorf, Ambro), I think those two will get an OK amount of minutes, and competition usually gets the best out of players.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 am

Giancarlo wrote:I think Novara could represent a good opportunity and we should merely loan them (no co-ownership). They could gain important experience there.

Yes just loan!!! I am positive that Merkel will do great
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:26 am

I read a source that we are going to LOAN both of them, no co-ownerships. I really believe that Merkel will be on Loan until Van Bommel bows out, then Allegri will put him into the mid.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:29 am

I think Merkel has a very long way to go, and I don't believe he is defensive enough... Van Bommel successor? I still have my hopes on Witsel but those links seem to have died down...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next