Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

+10
Soul
Chad
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Madrid One
BiasedMilanFan3
RealGunner
the xcx
LeVersacci
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Metal Gear storylines > 99% of movies

That good? maybe i need to give the ps1 and ps2 versions a chance then lol.

Just my opinion.

Find them that intresting, that many twists, turns and surprises.
which one is ur favorite?

Storyline or entire game?

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Metal Gear storylines > 99% of movies

That good? maybe i need to give the ps1 and ps2 versions a chance then lol.

Just my opinion.

Find them that intresting, that many twists, turns and surprises.
which one is ur favorite?

Storyline or entire game?

well a combination of both?

imo ( havent played mgs 4 yet)

mgs 3 is the best of them all.

storyline, characters, bosses, graphics, gameplay... my fave. (so far)
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 pm

also.. incase anyone interested, i made a mgs tribute about a week ago, a tribute to the snake family... enjoy Smile

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by LeVersacci Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 pm

You haven't played Mgs4 yet :O?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13448
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:You haven't played Mgs4 yet :O?
i have no ps3.. im a bigger fan than all of you!!!!

in 3 and a half years ive kept my self from watching the mgs 4 cutscenes or even much gameplay, that would spoil anything for me anyways..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:01 am

TMO, choosing one is just too hard.

MGS1 was the first, so it holds a special place. But they just keep getting better and 4 was just that good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:06 am

The Franchise wrote:TMO, choosing one is just too hard.

MGS1 was the first, so it holds a special place. But they just keep getting better and 4 was just that good.
indeed it is hard... my least fave of the solids is 2 though, even though i love it and its in list of my fave games ever, its in bottom of my fave metal gear solids, raiden killed it, story was not as interesting or emotional atleast imo when compared to 1 and 3... and fighting on big shell isnt as cool as fighting in russia or shadow moses, along with the fact that the only boss i like in the game is vamp.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:10 am

Yeah, I agree with that totally.

As a game compared to other games, its one of the best.

But 1, 3 and I assure you 4, are superior because of all your reasons mentioned.

To be honest, I liked Solidus as a boss aswell as Vamp though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, I agree with that totally.

As a game compared to other games, its one of the best.

But 1, 3 and I assure you 4, are superior because of all your reasons mentioned.

To be honest, I liked Solidus as a boss aswell as Vamp though.
well solidus was a good character, but as a boss, well as a FINAL boss, he was a bit too easy for me, but ya i liked solidus, didnt have as much "flavor" to him as liquid, seemed to me as more sane than liquid though, almost as a fallen hero, turned villain, a bit like big boss.

in the end though i feel solid snake is probably the only one that can die in peace, along with big boss i guess.

because as gray fox said in number 1, "fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i always fought for what i believed in", liquid and solidus were too angry, we all knew their different motives, but no matter what they did, they were never going to rest in peace.

solid and naked do though Smile
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Chad Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:36 am

MGS3 was the best one plus Revolver Ocelot was so cool in it. MGS1 Gray Fox and Liquid Snake and the awesome story and boss fights. MGS4 was okay.
Yep MGS2 was great until you left the boat then Raiden happened.

1. MGS3
2. MGS1
3. MGS4
4. MGS2

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 308388_295246227171525_100000584517637_1099837_1309098277_n
My cool Art Cell. Very Happy
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:39 am

Chad wrote:MGS3 was the best one plus Revolver Ocelot was so cool in it. MGS1 Gray Fox and Liquid Snake and the awesome story and boss fights. MGS4 was okay.
Yep MGS2 was great until you left the boat then Raiden happened.

1. MGS3
2. MGS1
3. MGS4
4. MGS2

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 308388_295246227171525_100000584517637_1099837_1309098277_n
My cool Art Cell. Very Happy
nice Smile u like the acid series? i personally enjoyed it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Chad Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:59 am

Yes it was good I like TB games and love cel-shaded art style. I hope he makes a new ZOE Plzzzzzzzzz Kojima.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Soul Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:36 am

Raiden is the worst thing that happened to MGS series IMO but I don't blame them. They knew they had a limited storyline until Snake retires or dies and needed a successor for which Raiden is completely poor.

I'm glad that they are trying to bring back Snake cos the proposed new MGS with Raiden alone goes against everything we loved the series for.

For me, the best MGS is still MGS1; the storyline, the characters and everything is something I'll never forget.

As for gameplay I'll go with MGS4.

MGS2 was like someone else said, cool until Raiden showed up. I also didn't like the writers going politics especially near the end. MGS3 was epic as well.

So for me:

1. MGS1
2. MGS4
3. MGS3 Snake Eater
4. MGS2
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 2936
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:15 am

mgs2 was very convoluted and at many points tasteless, but it still a great game.

raiden in exo suit is cool enough to get his game, but he aint no solid snake successor, hes his own guy, its up to kojima productions to make the people finally get in love with him, with mgs rising.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:23 am

MGS4 is my favourite one


The story was So good, Probably the best storyline a game has ever done. Won't spoil it for u TMO but it was just brilliant
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Arquitecto Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:39 am

Many of you rarely see me in the gaming section as this is because I sadly cannot find the time to play all of the games of today.

But Metal Gear series holds a special place in my heart.

I personally feel its by far the best game series of all time.Bar none.

MGS 1 was absolutely revolutionary and way ahead of its time. By far the best PS1 game.

MGS 2 again set the limits, the bench mark. To this day its graphics hold up and the sheer amount of detail in this game was astounding. Raiden may have reduced what it could have become, but that didn't matter as despite what some think about the convoluted plot, the direction, script and overall depth of the story was superb.

Now MGS3.....Oh boy....what.a.game. Possibly my favorite and imo opinion the best game in the PS2. Even when it was reduced to 30 FPS from MGS2's 60, it managed to blow us all away with the unbelievable amount attention to detail, depth and variability within the game. To this day the foliage physics are far better then any foliage in any other game that exists. The story was stellar, as were the character along especially the relationship between Snake and Boss. I will never forget what I feel is the best boss battle in the history of gaming as this is the battle with The End. A battle which is a stage of pure patience, wit, creativity, timing, strategy and tactics. It took my 1 and a half hour to beat him and I couldn't help but be impressed with myself and Kojima for his sheer brilliance.

MGS4? To this day I have not played it. Why? because I've been buying new 360s all the time after the red light and regret not getting a Ps3 each time. I've been avoiding any piece of story, cutscene or any morsel of info which gives away the plot. I am dying to play it. Few of my friends know how involved I actually am in the story of MGS. I enjoy all of the cutscenes and can't help but marvel at the easter eggs and how they continue some of them within the games (Johnny Sasaki!)

MGS5 coming out is no surprise to me despite Kojima saying he won't. Die hard fans who know the man all to well will understand what I'm talking about. Its to good to let go.

Fact is he'll set the bar like he has always. The new Raiden spin-off looks better then any ninja fast paced action game i've seen. See the trailer, seriously.

I'm still waiting for the day I will play MGS 4. I think it will be soon as I will borrow a PS3 from my friend.

PS: I've played all the NES MGs and will buy the HD collection to relive my past and finally play Peace Walker. And yea, considering the improvements made such as MGS3 running on 60fps on this one, it makes it even more worth buying
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12503
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Many of you rarely see me in the gaming section as this is because I sadly cannot find the time to play all of the games of today.

But Metal Gear series holds a special place in my heart.

I personally feel its by far the best game series of all time.Bar none.

MGS 1 was absolutely revolutionary and way ahead of its time. By far the best PS1 game.

MGS 2 again set the limits, the bench mark. To this day its graphics hold up and the sheer amount of detail in this game was astounding. Raiden may have reduced what it could have become, but that didn't matter as despite what some think about the convoluted plot, the direction, script and overall depth of the story was superb.

Now MGS3.....Oh boy....what.a.game. Possibly my favorite and imo opinion the best game in the PS2. Even when it was reduced to 30 FPS from MGS2's 60, it managed to blow us all away with the unbelievable amount attention to detail, depth and variability within the game. To this day the foliage physics are far better then any foliage in any other game that exists. The story was stellar, as were the character along especially the relationship between Snake and Boss. I will never forget what I feel is the best boss battle in the history of gaming as this is the battle with The End. A battle which is a stage of pure patience, wit, creativity, timing, strategy and tactics. It took my 1 and a half hour to beat him and I couldn't help but be impressed with myself and Kojima for his sheer brilliance.

MGS4? To this day I have not played it. Why? because I've been buying new 360s all the time after the red light and regret not getting a Ps3 each time. I've been avoiding any piece of story, cutscene or any morsel of info which gives away the plot. I am dying to play it. Few of my friends know how involved I actually am in the story of MGS. I enjoy all of the cutscenes and can't help but marvel at the easter eggs and how they continue some of them within the games (Johnny Sasaki!)

MGS5 coming out is no surprise to me despite Kojima saying he won't. Die hard fans who know the man all to well will understand what I'm talking about. Its to good to let go.

Fact is he'll set the bar like he has always. The new Raiden spin-off looks better then any ninja fast paced action game i've seen. See the trailer, seriously.

I'm still waiting for the day I will play MGS 4. I think it will be soon as I will borrow a PS3 from my friend.

PS: I've played all the NES MGs and will buy the HD collection to relive my past and finally play Peace Walker. And yea, considering the improvements made such as MGS3 running on 60fps on this one, it makes it even more worth buying
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by the xcx Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Ive only played Mgs3 snake eater in ps2. Im planning to get MGS4 to ps3 anyway, but I made a bad Idea to buy mgs3 snake eater instead of subsidience.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7650
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Blue Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

I hope it is a recreation of Metal Gear 1+2 that came out on the NES.

My Favorites in order.

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 2



Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 3038
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 am

Blue wrote:I hope it is a recreation of Metal Gear 1+2 that came out on the NES.

My Favorites in order.

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 2



I'd personally like that to happen as well, but i have a feeling that maybe he wants to do something, else, something different, but since everyone wants snake thats a bit difficult... he might end up doing a story with the boss and big boss, and if he ever does any more solid snake games, it would only be zanzibar, outer heaven, or both in one....

i bet one mil dollars that mgs 5 will be about the boss.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Zealous Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Snake eater will always be my favourite MGS. Nothing tops it IMO.

Anyway it feels as if they are running the franchise into the ground Sad, I mean the story line is over. There's is nothing left in it they could make a game about.

Unless they start over with new characters I don't think this is a good move from Kojima.

I'll still buy it though so maybe that's why lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Zealous Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 pm

As for a list here's mine

1. Snake Eater
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Sons of the Patriots (U MAD?)
4. Guns of the Patriots (This was basically a movie, it was still awesome but I felt it was kind of weak as far as game play and bosses)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Chad Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:01 pm

They could do earlier Liquid Snake, all the way up to Shadow Moses Incident. I wouldn't really care about playing as Boss. NO Raiden and we are coooooooooooool. Revolver Ocelot would be another cool choice too. SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!! Chaka
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:18 pm

I know it's early, but is there any news on characters etc?

Also, there seems to be so many great games being released now or in the near(ish) future! cheers

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by The Madrid One Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:36 pm

kingsofthenortheast wrote:I know it's early, but is there any news on characters etc?

Also, there seems to be so many great games being released now or in the near(ish) future! cheers
nope, if u were to actually google the topic, the kojima interview is coming out on december.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:57 pm

.


Last edited by kingsofthenortheast on Thu May 07, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 109
Join date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced! - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum