Mr Nick09
hrealmadrid
SuperMAG
Onyx
Pedram
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid Empty Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:04 pm

The 25-year-old, who has since excelled at new club Manchester City, was tipped to be closing in on a move to the Santiago Bernabeu during the summer of 2010, but according to the Mestalla outfit's supremo, any potential deal was vetoed by the 48-year-old coach.

"I have to say that Silva did have the feeling that an agreement was to be reached, as Real Madrid had the will and willingness to sign him, but with the change of coach, everything stopped," Llorente told AS.

"It was then that Manchester City came in and closed the transaction.

"Let's say that although we had several discussions with Madrid for the transfer of Silva and saw that they wanted it, one day they called us and told us their priorities had changed, and then, of course, negotiations broke down and we studied other offers."

There have been some suggestions that Valencia deliberately made negotiations with Madrid difficult, but Llorente dismissed the rumours, expressing the belief that their forthcoming opponents undervalue native players.

"Here at Valencia, we feel that Real Madrid would rather pay more for a player from a foreign club than from Spain," he stated.

Full interview: http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/11/17/2761452/valencia-president-manuel-llorente-jose-mourinhos-arrival-at
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid Empty Re: Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:13 pm

So it was because of Mourinho.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid Empty Re: Valencia president explain why David Silva didn't sign with Real Madrid

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah i think so, don't know why he always preferred Di Maria over him. other than Di Maria's workrate Silva is better than him in almost everything. also we had the chance to add more spanish player to our starting XI.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Mourinho prefers players like Di Maria.

If we kept Pellegrini then we probably would of signed Silva.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Di Maria = Natural winger, Silva is not. At the time that is what we were after and what Mou wanted for his team. Ozil was in the sights for the central AM role and after his master class world cup there was no doubt he was the better choice and still is.

Pretty simple I think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Silva needs the ball at his feet a lot... with CR7, Ozil, Alonso and Benz (when he plays), that's too many. You need guys who are off the ball players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Di Maria isn't an off the ball player. He likes the ball at his feet too and he playmakes a lot from the right wing.

But yeh I prefer a forward type player playing on the wing as opposed to a midfielder.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Di Maria works hard off the ball. He makes runs all the time when the ball is at other people's feet... and he tracks back like a madman. It's when he gets the ball at his feet too early and has to think that he gets into trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 pm

lol sporty, i dont think dimaria off the ball runs are any good, he is quite poor in that, but then again he is poor in everything other then thorugh ball and crosses.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Silva can work hard and make runs too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:52 pm

SuperMAG wrote:lol sporty, i dont think dimaria off the ball runs are any good, he is quite poor in that, but then again he is poor in everything other then thorugh ball and crosses.

Remember the Lyon game at Lyon... sure, he missed them all lol. But he made run after run down his side and was getting passes from Benz all night long. I think his runs are pretty good actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Crimson wrote:Di Maria = Natural winger, Silva is not. At the time that is what we were after and what Mou wanted for his team. Ozil was in the sights for the central AM role and after his master class world cup there was no doubt he was the better choice and still is.

Pretty simple I think

Yup I think you're spot on
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:lol sporty, i dont think dimaria off the ball runs are any good, he is quite poor in that, but then again he is poor in everything other then thorugh ball and crosses.

Remember the Lyon game at Lyon... sure, he missed them all lol. But he made run after run down his side and was getting passes from Benz all night long. I think his runs are pretty good actually.

few runs in one game doesnt mean he makes the runs.

The run making wingers are like ronaldo, neymer etc, who regularly score goals with their runs etc. maria is below average run maker.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:07 pm

The Giagantic work rate of Di Maria is what Mourinho was after. But he is also incredibly skilled and can pull magic tricks and assists by buckets in his good day.

I think that's what Mourinho went for.

If Silva was still on the market after the world cup, maybe thye would have debated buying Ozil or Silva
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Why every time I read Mag's posts, I get a headache, why is that? Di Maria has good off the ball running, that was never his issue and we all know his issues really.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Silva is a much better player, but I get why Mou chose Di Maria. Di Maria saved our asses quite a few times anyway. In the end it was still a good transfer and he is a great winger *tries to not think about his play acting*.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:Silva needs the ball at his feet a lot... with CR7, Ozil, Alonso and Benz (when he plays), that's too many. You need guys who are off the ball players.

And that explains why he wants to bring in Neymar to replace Di Maria?????????
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Lol, doc, dimaria gameplan has never been about his off the ball runs.

He is like go to the wing, receave the ball and run/dribble like a headless chicken and loose the ball. sometime he pulls that curling crossthrough ball and sometime daignol long balll and sometimes curling inside cross. thats how he works.

I am not saying he never make runs, but he is far from being good off the ball runner. he is below average in that.

geez, you guys. i have to explain everything.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Neymar is the most exciting talent out there and will succeed CR7. Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:57 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Silva needs the ball at his feet a lot... with CR7, Ozil, Alonso and Benz (when he plays), that's too many. You need guys who are off the ball players.

And that explains why he wants to bring in Neymar to replace Di Maria?????????

That's all on Flo... It has a lot to do with becoming more popular in Brazil methinks. Of course, Neymar is talented.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:39 pm

I don't think you should believe everything he is saying TBH.

Either way Angel is a great player and we didn't make a mistake in signing him. (He should stop diving though)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:14 pm

My understanding of this is that Mou wanted di maria and david silva wud have been a valdano signing, which mou wud not like...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:15 pm

SuperMAG wrote:Lol, doc, dimaria gameplan has never been about his off the ball runs.

He is like go to the wing, receave the ball and run/dribble like a headless chicken and loose the ball. sometime he pulls that curling crossthrough ball and sometime daignol long balll and sometimes curling inside cross. thats how he works.

I am not saying he never make runs, but he is far from being good off the ball runner. he is below average in that.

geez, you guys. i have to explain everything.

Your explanations are usually either crazy or wrong. In this case, a mixture of both. The man has good off the ball running, deal with it...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Who would you rather have signed Ozil or Silva? Silva is not a winger so there is no debate about him and Di Maria. Di Maria was bought so that Marcelo and Granero would not have to play on the wings.

Give Di Maria a break he's an excellent midfielder who gives his all every time he's on the pitch and is currently the top assists maker in la liga and was only second to Ozil in that department last year in Real Madrid. He's a fine player that's why Mourinho will prefer to play him in most matches
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:32 pm

lol. whatever u say doc.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next