If Real Madrid sign a striker, who will it be?

+11
Valkyrja
guest7
StevieRayVaughan
Art Morte
Mr Nick09
izzy
Zealous
sportsczy
Luis_Suarez123
Clandestino
Onyx
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If Real Madrid sign a striker, who will it be? Empty If Real Madrid sign a striker, who will it be?

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Suarez? Cavani? etc etc. Which striker?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

If Real Madrid sign a striker, who will it be? Empty Re: If Real Madrid sign a striker, who will it be?

Post by Clandestino Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:32 pm

I can't see us NOT signing a striker now...

The potential candidates:
CAVANI - my preferred choice. Can play RW as well which would help us not pushing Ozil there whenever Di Maria plays like crap (so, very often). He also works hard and can finish - scoring in Italy has never been very easy. Would command a huge transfer fee but Perez doesn't care about that, does he?

LEWANDOWSKI - not my favourite player due to having seen him miss a lot of golden opportunities in the Bundesliga and I think he is too one-footed. He also did shit all with Poland last big competition. However, he is a great team player and probably just the type of player our current crop of players needs, so I wouldn't mind us snapping him up for those 30+ mil reported.

SUAREZ - please no. A serial biter, a serial diver and a proven unsportsmanlike person (so more suited for Barca). Plus he is a selfish, puts-his-head-down-when-he-dribbles and shoots-from-all-angles player and we have one already. Good player overall and can play multiple positions, but should never come close to our club due to off- and even on-field issues.

ROONEY - he was way overrated when he had that one good season, otherwise he is just an overhyped TEVEZ. A firm "never" to both of them.

IBRA - hell no. Oldish, a real primadonna (again, we have at least one too many), and a red card waiting to happen. Also overrated. Plus his idea of fun is kicking his teammates - psycho.

I am guessing a cheeky move for Villa or a surprise buy of a younger talent (Jovetic, Damiao, Lukaku) is out of the question since they don't tick any of the Perez criteria.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

If Real Madrid sign a striker, who will it be? Empty Re: If Real Madrid sign a striker, who will it be?

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Clandestino wrote:I can't see us NOT signing a striker now...

The potential candidates:
CAVANI - my preferred choice. Can play RW as well which would help us not pushing Ozil there whenever Di Maria plays like crap (so, very often). He also works hard and can finish - scoring in Italy has never been very easy. Would command a huge transfer fee but Perez doesn't care about that, does he?

LEWANDOWSKI - not my favourite player due to having seen him miss a lot of golden opportunities in the Bundesliga and I think he is too one-footed. He also did shit all with Poland last big competition. However, he is a great team player and probably just the type of player our current crop of players needs, so I wouldn't mind us snapping him up for those 30+ mil reported.

SUAREZ - please no. A serial biter, a serial diver and a proven unsportsmanlike person (so more suited for Barca). Plus he is a selfish, puts-his-head-down-when-he-dribbles and shoots-from-all-angles player and we have one already. Good player overall and can play multiple positions, but should never come close to our club due to off- and even on-field issues.

ROONEY - he was way overrated when he had that one good season, otherwise he is just an overhyped TEVEZ. A firm "never" to both of them.

IBRA - hell no. Oldish, a real primadonna (again, we have at least one too many), and a red card waiting to happen. Also overrated. Plus his idea of fun is kicking his teammates - psycho.

I am guessing a cheeky move for Villa or a surprise buy of a younger talent (Jovetic, Damiao, Lukaku) is out of the question since they don't tick any of the Perez criteria.
Why are you saying that Suarez shouldn't go to Real cause his off the pitch scandals, I mean the dude lives fairly normal family life he is only an idiot on the pitch. you said also ''Plus he is a selfish, puts-his-head-down-when-he-dribbles'' What the hell what kind of lame ass reasons are that?, and what's with on-field issues yeah Pepe is sportsmanlike, Ramos is real gentleman?

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Luis_Suarez123 wrote:
Why are you saying that Suarez shouldn't go to Real cause his off the pitch scandals, I mean the dude lives fairly normal family life he is only an idiot on the pitch. you said also ''Plus he is a selfish, puts-his-head-down-when-he-dribbles'' What the hell what kind of lame ass reasons are that?, and what's with on-field issues yeah Pepe is sportsmanlike, Ramos is real gentleman?

Don't get your panties in a bunch, my bad, I meant off-field as in non-football issues meaning him biting people, for instance. It doesn't really matter where he does them, does it?

And as for me not wanting an unsportsmanlike player who is a selfish bastard with a horse-like vision being lame ass reasons, then fair enough, call me hard to please if you like. But when you are pushing the idea that we should solve our negative image issues (so, get rid of players like Pepe) by adding even more - and much worse - morally questionable players, you'll have to excuse me if I say your post is worth jack s***.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Cavani is not leaving Napoli. Raiola has already said Ibra is not leaving and PSG would rather die than to sell him to Madrid if Carlo comes here. Lewandowski is either going to Bayern or staying at Dortmund.

Rooney and Suarez are the only options from your list. But with Benz, they're all redundant. If you want to bring a striker, bring someone who gives you something different.

My vote? Mario Gomez all day and every day. He won't cost a fortune and he will give us the perfect complement to Benz. Problem is, he wants to start and we can't guarantee him that. Maybe playing for Madrid and getting paid lost of money will make him relent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:39 pm

At this point just give Morata a shot. Couldn't hurt and if we sign Bale CF will not be the focal point of attack anyway.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Doesn't matter.
Benzema is the first and only option next season.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:33 am

Benzema lacks balls, which is the main concern with him. would be nice to have a no bullshit front man still in the squad. Benzema is ridiculously skillful but he lacks the drive and hunger other elite CF have. just a reality, if we go into next season just with him it's gonna be bad.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 am

Plus I'd be surprised if Real Madrid had only one world-class striker in their squad. You can't ignore depth. I'd be very surprised if you don't buy either Suarez or Cavani.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 am

What was the reasoning to sell Higuain and not Benz? (Apart from Higuain's person decision, it seemed like Real was happy to get rid of him). In my opinion, Benz should have been sold and not Higuain. What has Benz really done to cement his place in the starting line up for next season? Benz should never be trusted to lead a team like Real. Sure he has more potential than Higuain, but he rarely demonstrates it on the pitch atleast recently. He has gained more weight than usual, has lost a lot of his pace, doesnt have the ability to make off the ball runs, sure he is a amazing passes and finder of space for Ronaldo, but he is the definition of a inconsistent player.

Benz reminds me of when I used to play 2008 fm. For ex ( Fm example) There are always games when your main strikers get 5 at halftime. Now if your main striker is Falcao or Van Persie and they got a 5 in halftime, you still keep them on because they can win matches on a consistent basis. But if that 5 rating is for Benz, then you immediately replace him with ur other striker. Thats how I see Benz, if he is good then he plays fine for rest of the game, but if he starts shit then he never really recovers from it.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 am

StevieRayVaughan wrote:What was the reasoning to sell Higuain and not Benz? (Apart from Higuain's person decision, it seemed like Real was happy to get rid of him). In my opinion, Benz should have been sold and not Higuain. What has Benz really done to cement his place in the starting line up for next season? Benz should never be trusted to lead a team like Real. Sure he has more potential than Higuain, but he rarely demonstrates it on the pitch atleast recently. He has gained more weight than usual, has lost a lot of his pace, doesnt have the ability to make off the ball runs, sure he is a amazing passes and finder of space for Ronaldo, but he is the definition of a inconsistent player.

Benz reminds me of when I used to play 2008 fm. For ex ( Fm example) There are always games when your main strikers get 5 at halftime. Now if your main striker is Falcao or Van Persie and they got a 5 in halftime, you still keep them on because they can win matches on a consistent basis. But if that 5 rating is for Benz, then you immediately replace him with ur other striker. Thats how I see Benz, if he is good then he plays fine for rest of the game, but if he starts shit then he never really recovers from it.

Zidane is leading our project and it's quite obvious Benzema is getting the advantage from this.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 am

Also Zidane should never lead such a project. It is just a PR thing that Perez is doing, I doubt Zidane is qualified to actually run the sporting project for Real Madrid. Zidane is such a emotional person, he just seems like the person who would buy a player because he likes them, and not someone who would be a better fit. I obviously get the feeling because of his constant talk of Bale. Sure he recommended Varane, but he was already a well known prospect in France when Real bought him anyway.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:09 am

Actually it's simpler than that: For 2.5 years, Benz has outperformed Higuain. You don't need to look farther than that.

2010-2011
Benz - 26 goals and 9 assists
Higuain - 14 goals and 6 assists

2011-2012
Benz - 32 goals and 19 assists
Higuain - 26 goals and 13 assists

2012-2013
Benz - 20 goals and 20 assists
Higuain - 17 goals and 8 assists
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:08 am

The team doesn't play to Higuain's strengths though. The only player who used to consistently look for his runs was Di Maria and his passing has gone full retard.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:31 am

We don't play to any of our CFs' strengths. That's the problem. Our CF has to figure out how to make himself fit in somehow... It's not the featured scoring position which is really what the position is supposed to be.

That's why Benz has struggled with NT for a year (beasted before that). He suddenly has to flip from being a provider to a scorer... and it's not that easy to do.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:12 pm

I actually think Benzema is perfectly happy to just be part of the build up and chip in here and there.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:49 pm

If the club wanted Higuain sold, it was probably because he wasn't turning up in the big games.

However he made the decision by himself to leave?

We were going to sign Cavani, Suarez etc and Higuain deserves to start every game, instead of rotating/being backup.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:50 pm

We should either sign a young u23 player or an experienced player, who accepts being a backup to Benzema. Not someone like Cavani/Suarez/Lewa etc...

LE: has anyone followed Muriel from Udinese ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:59 am

IMO, Suarez will be the right person to be sign as he's almost get the top scorers title in Premier League.

Suarez =
Performance (+)
Attitude (-)

Maybe like Eric Cantona after the kicking incident? or Balotelli? Yeah, that's what i mean. Smile
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Smartest choice actually would be to promote Jese...
The guy is a beast...
Or Benavente
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:35 am

Get Benz to lose wait and he'll be a beast. Can't believe how out of shape he is for a professional footballer.

You guys do understand this having 2 WC strikers is a luxury that's only been available in Madrid. We just need 1 guy that can produce consistently and Benz can be that guy if he quits weeping and gets hi shit together which he should now that Mou is gone.

AND FFS PROMOTE JESE
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 am

It hurts to see Soldado and Negredo hit 30 and 31 goals respectively this past season, and knowing that Jese is probably headed the same direction. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 am

Jese is getting promoted brah
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 pm

BVB is ready to sell Lewa to any club, except for Bayern.

http://www.dw.de/anywhere-but-bayern-for-lewandowski-gomez-may-leave-munich/a-16870961

this makes it easy for Madrid to go after him. Cavani is waiting for RM to make an offer, else he is headed to Chelsea.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Lewandowski is only interested in going to Bayern and playing for Guardiola, so i really doubt that he is going to go somewhere else.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum