Eivindo
Giancarlo
baresi
milanfan7
Grande_Milano
27 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Astori In. Bonera Out. Empty Astori In. Bonera Out.

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Apparently, rumours now getting more serious. We are desperate to get our academy player back, and Bonera will be released. How would Astori fit in?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Astori In. Bonera Out. Empty Re: Astori In. Bonera Out.

Post by milanfan7 Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:56 pm

The improvement from Astori to Bonera is equal to the improvement from frakking a man to frakking a fat ugly woman.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Milanfan7 just lol
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Um, I rate Astori pretty well. It leaves us with more rotation at the back. Mexes may be out until September I heard, and may take a while to get back to match fitness. And it's important to give Nesta more rest.

Defenses win championships. That's what we proved this last season. But Nesta isn't getting any younger, and I'm glad we have two new faces back there.

We need to release several players though. We can't have 7-8 CBs. The base players should be (in this order of preferred starters): Silva, Nesta, Mexes, Astori, Yepes.

I know we released Legrottaglie recently after not renewing his contract. But we need to either loan or sell Onyewu. And Bonera really has to go... the sooner the better. I can name a team that wants him.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Bonera is terrible, he can sign up for horror movies in Hollywood. (no one has scared me as much as him when I see a name in the starting 11)
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Astori is at the same level that Bonera was at his age... at one stage Bonera was being dubbed as the new Nesta while at Parma. Astori will play a bit part in Milan we should just use Onyewu instead
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Onyewu? Sorry but he's just plain awful. We need to get rid of him. He's 29, and frankly I think Bonera is better than him. What happened to Bonera were constant injuries by the way.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:31 am

As a matter of fact Bonera aint that bad, it's just the hype that associated his name in the first years of his career "The new Maldini" that made ppl expect soo much from him. I am sure many mid table teams would like to have him, Juve for example can make use of his experience especially in europe, alongside Pirlo.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:31 am

I don't get why anyone on here says Astori is horrible. The kid is a rising talent in Italy, and is with the national team. Astori is a good defender and will be a whole lot better than Bonera.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:52 am

Milantildeath wrote:I don't get why anyone on here says Astori is horrible. The kid is a rising talent in Italy, and is with the national team. Astori is a good defender and will be a whole lot better than Bonera.

As long as he isn't hit my numerous injuries, I'll agree with you. I think Astori could be a very good defender... not world class though. Sadly there are no world class Italian centerbacks anymore (at least not counting Nesta).

I think Bonera could do very well in Juventus though. Smile Oddo too.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 am

I'd say he can become world class if given enough trust. He just will have it tough at Milan trying to start over Nesta, Silva and Mexes. You can even include Yepes in his list of competition. I rate Yepes very highly.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:05 am

Bonera was too injury prone, that's why he declined too quickly before even reach his potential.

Astori had a solid season, though if he come here, he will have to play less. But he can train with Nesta, TS, Yepes who can help his development.

Agree that if he come, we should loan or sell some CB. Bonera, Onyewu, and Sokratis (loan) should leave IMO.

Bonera still have a good value, and could be an important player for bottom/middle Serie A team.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:15 am

I bet you anything Napoli or Palermo would LOVE to have Bonera
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:22 am

Bonera at CB and Seedorf at CAM in the first Udinese game (4-4) will haunt me forever.

Seedorf can play another position, but if afraid time is up for Bonera.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 am

With Mexes possibly out until September as mentioned and Nesta always a risk of injury having Astori around would seem like a nice luxury, however unless he's to be favoured for game time we'd be setting back his development. There might be times next season when we regret not keeping him around, however given the quality of four centre-backs we're most certainly keeping there's no guarantee he will be trusted and on a personal level his national team chances would deteriorate.

A loan to a more ambitious team such as Roma would be interesting to see - plus with the way he plays against us we might actually beat them for once - however given how highly Cellino thinks of Astori I doubt we'd be able to acquire such an advantageous move.

As Boban said, hanging onto Onyewu might be a good idea. We're discussing a fifth choice centre-back, he's not required to be a world beater, however he's still a decent option when not injured in my opinion, though his tendency to be injured himself is a worry. If he's happy to stay then we should take advantage of this. Ideally I'd prefer Albertazzi and Ely to train with the first team and to reward them with game time during injury crises if Allegri is happy with them, however that's unlikely to occur.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 am

Astori? World class? You people have got to be kidding me. Astori is garbage,I can easily name 10 defenders who are better than him and play in serie a. Astori is just lucky to get a chance at a club like Milan. Bonera V 2.0.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:21 am

Astori is not Bonera 2.0. Astori isn't garbage either. He's had a solid season. I don't see why you can call him garbage... do you have any reasons for that?

Notice I never said he's world class. I just think he's a good defender. He'll probably be better than Bonucci in my opinion.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:24 am

Giancarlo wrote:Astori is not Bonera 2.0. Astori isn't garbage either. He's had a solid season. I don't see why you can call him garbage... do you have any reasons for that?

Notice I never said he's world class. I just think he's a good defender. He'll probably be better than Bonucci in my opinion.

Agree. :king:
However, Astori would be an even better option if he can cover for our WBs when they get injured too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 am

I say bring him on but he's definitely going to be on the bench. He's much more trustworthy than Bonera.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:08 am

You know when all the "Astori is rubbish" started? When Cagliari lost to us and Astori had a bad game. That was the only game where most of the people saw him, so they base their opinions on him on one game. This season he has been one of the best centre backs in Italy, hence the reason why he got an Italy call up ahead of Paolo Cannavaro et all. He has been a rock for Cagliari this season and getting him would be a very smart move. Mexes is just a short term solution and had a very serious knee injury and Nesta is 35, if Astori impresses he can be a future starter for us. He is I think 23, that's pretty young for a CB. And as for Bonera, he can just GTFO. Let him join Inter, L3-0nardo would love to have his boyfriend back. And Onyewu should also leave, waste of space. We got Rodrigo Ely and Albertazzi coming up.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:44 pm

If bonera gets to leave, i'd love to see his jersey number retired just like in maldini's case.
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 pm

milanista99 wrote:You know when all the "Astori is rubbish" started? When Cagliari lost to us and Astori had a bad game. That was the only game where most of the people saw him, so they base their opinions on him on one game. This season he has been one of the best centre backs in Italy, hence the reason why he got an Italy call up ahead of Paolo Cannavaro et all. He has been a rock for Cagliari this season and getting him would be a very smart move. Mexes is just a short term solution and had a very serious knee injury and Nesta is 35, if Astori impresses he can be a future starter for us. He is I think 23, that's pretty young for a CB. And as for Bonera, he can just GTFO. Let him join Inter, L3-0nardo would love to have his boyfriend back. And Onyewu should also leave, waste of space. We got Rodrigo Ely and Albertazzi coming up.

Um true, even a good player can have a bad day. Thiago Silva wasn't perfect all season either. I remember him making mistakes along with Bonera against Udinese. People will say "that's all Bonera's fault". Yes mostly, but he wasn't great that game either. I remember Nesta making a few mistakes himself... but does that take away from the player's quality?

Abate had a terrible game against Palermo (the league game where we lost 1-0)... does that make him rubbish? It's never good to assume on one game. That's the mistake some make with Sokratis... saying... "Well he was awesome against Argentina and Messi"... yeah he also played as a DMF.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 am

uzonero wrote:If bonera gets to leave, i'd love to see his jersey number retired just like in maldini's case.

He should become our defenders coach.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:56 am

LOL uzonero. Very Happy

There have been some good points brought up, however I still think that we should not bring him back initially and rather maintain an option for a January transfer (or cessation of a loan) if a major injury has affected our defensive depth. It's similar to Inter's situation last year when they acquired Ranocchia. Until Samuel was hit with a season ending knee injury it was more useful for Ranocchia to continue to gain experience and be a consistent first team inclusion somewhere else.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:34 am

The only reason I wouldn't want him to come right now is because of play time, not because of Quality because he has the quality to play at a top club.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next