julias
Adit
Kick
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
58 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Alonso Right?

Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 10 ]
Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 4 Vote_lcap81%Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 4 Vote_rcap 81% 
[ 44 ]

Total Votes : 54

Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 4 Empty Re: Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer

Post by Yeezus Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Laughing

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 4 Empty Re: Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer

Post by M99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Felt sad for him tbh.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Good time to bump this... eco smile
But like M99, I also felt sad for him. He looked devastated when he received that yellow.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:55 pm

rofl rofl rofl

a bit unusual from him, Alonso usually stays on his feet.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:57 pm

Why did he make that challenge. :facepalm:

Definitely gonna be a miss in the final. Not sure about Illarra taking his spot. Khedira maybe?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Illara little bit too inexperienced, Khedira lacking match fitness. Why not go Mourinho style and play Pepe in there  hmm 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Isco could play there as well. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Khedira has a lot of time to gain match fitness for the final (through training).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Karma for all the times he's gotten away with it against Barca.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:05 pm

He does, but he'll have to play a few matches before. Returning from injury and a CL final being his first match could be a bit too much.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:06 am

timely and clean tackles are as beautiful as dribbling/skill move and rash tackles and violent conduct are the same as bad /mistimed dribble/skill move.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 am

Horrible tackle and he gets upset when he sees yellow Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:36 am

to be fair he is so used to getting away with it that he was probably just shocked.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Horrible tackle and he gets upset when he sees yellow Laughing

I think he was more upset at himself. It almost looked like he realized in the middle of the tackle that "Alonso, wtf are you doing?"

Donuts wrote:to be fair he is so used to getting away with it that he was probably just shocked.

And you, sir, should probably change your avatar.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Yeah that's what I meant, he was down on himself.. I just find it funny, he should of made sure he could get the ball clearly

I've said numerous times before, his motor skills are not up to par
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 am

Not too late to learn tbh.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:17 pm

LMAO, he's speaking German.

Bah GAWD, better than Ribery already.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:02 pm

not bad at all, indeed much better than Ribery actually, Ribery has been in München for 7 years and more or less still only says "das ist super", sometimes "das ist natürlisch super" hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:44 pm

I wonder if he changed his opinion. hmm
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:17 pm

" I love tackling, love it. It's better than sex."
Paul Ince
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:56 pm

I don't ever remember posting or voting in this thread but apparently I did.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Learns german in 2 months.

But he still can't learn how to tackle hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:51 am

disagree...tackling and defensive positioning are art-forms....one can distinguish between brutal/reckless boneheaded tackles ala scholes from marking and actually dispossessing a player ala maldini/baressi. to stick around and chase ronaldo messi ibra all day and do it successfully is not an easy feat and shouldn't be disregarded....its also a case of knowing one's role, every footballer can't be an offensive player; food for thought, the galacticos failed when makelele and hierro, two tacklers in the starting line up (although hierro did have some technique and finesse in his boots) where forced out of the club
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:16 am

bump

In a recent interview posted by the guardian, he again talked about his views on tackling.

He does not see tackling as a quality at all and when he has spoken about this in the past, his view has been met by criticism, particularly from English defenders. “I stick with my opinion. I know it is viewed differently in Britain. It’s not the action [of tackling]. It’s the idea: the cause and the consequence.

“I love to tackle. But if I could avoid it, I think I have done better in my job. If I tackle, sliding across the floor, it means that I – or someone else – have been caught out of position at the start of the move and that drives me crazy because team shape and balance is crucial. At Bayern, this is what we practise all of the time: ‘shape, shape, shape’. If you spend too much time on the ground, it means your positioning is not so good.

“Stevie’s [Gerrard] tackling? OK, of course, I love it. They are spectacular and the crowd gets so excited. But for me, I get excited when he receives the ball and plays the last pass before a goal. That makes me smile the most. This is his greatest strength. Seeing the pass, seeing what other players do not see.”

Full Interview
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:54 am

One of the only real men left on the football stage. World class both on and off the pitch. Top top geezer
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:14 am

TBh I agree with his views. You only need tackling as a side quality. If a defenders' main quality is great tackling then in most of the cases it tells his positioning and reading of the game is subpar. A great example of that is Phil Jones. The lad is as brainless as it gets but still is considered a decentish defender cos he has a good tackle in him. And Daley Blind is an apt example that support Alonso's claims. Easily one of the top 5 defenders in the prem and he rarely tackles.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next