Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters?

+34
BiasedMilanFan3
billionmillion
Zealous
LeSwagg James
DeviAngel
kiranr
Kev
Mamad
windkick
Lord Hades
chemicalboy99
RED
VivaStPauli
Magricos
VanDeezNuts
Doc
Lex
jibers
Yuri Yukuv
S32TABLANCA
Swanhends
Sushi Master
Jack Daniels
Magic Spray
Superstone Mariomintsch
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
The Madrid One
urbaNRoots
Arsenalfaithfull
anirudhkitt
Albiceleste
Grande_Milano
38 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters? - Page 2 Empty Re: Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters?

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Everyone who is dutch wants to play for barca or milan.

All asians want to play for man utd

French want to play for arsenal

Germans for Bayern

Everyone else for madrid

Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters? - Page 2 Empty Re: Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters?

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

West Africans for Arsenal aswell^^
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Quite simply because they are historically the biggest and most prestigious club. Hell if I was a footballer and Madrid came calling I would go in a heartbeat. Even managers say that their careers aren't complete till they've coached MAdrid. The prestige, the spotlight, the sunlight, the wages. I'm sorry but what kind of a question is this?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Everyone who is dutch wants to play for barca or milan.

All asians want to play for man utd

French want to play for arsenal

Germans for Bayern

Everyone else for madrid
Add Balotelli for Milan too. albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Saetablanca wrote:The amount of Jelly here is over 9000.

Aint jelly, misplaced you as most successful club in the world in 2008 :coffee:
Chilling and waiting to take over in CLs now to end the debate finally :coffee:

It will happen, you know it, I know it, nick knows it :coffee:

Day X :coffee:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Should we start trophy counting? "Most successful club in the world" officially :coffee:

Are you serious?

Milan dream of being as successful as us.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:40 pm

I'd love for Madrid to come out tomorrow and say they're going to cut all players wages by 50% and see how many are still there come next summer
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Should we start trophy counting? "Most successful club in the world" officially :coffee:

Anyway, what concerns me is how brainwashed all these youngsters, they are ready to play for Madrid whatever the reason, though its a clear path to their end here (no chance in main team, players' graveyard numero uno, CDRs for life :dance: )

:lol!: You are so mad.

And here is the common sense answer to your stupid question...

jibers wrote:Quite simply because they are historically the biggest and most prestigious club. Hell if I was a footballer and Madrid came calling I would go in a heartbeat. Even managers say that their careers aren't complete till they've coached MAdrid. The prestige, the spotlight, the sunlight, the wages. I'm sorry but what kind of a question is this?

Stay mad son
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Saetablanca wrote:

Are you serious?

More Balon D Ores
More International Trophees

Only CL makes a little difference, with our super run for past 25 years, we gonna overtake you in CL in 5-10 years :coffee:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Ganso wrote:

the brazilian trolltelli?what has he done?you said he would chose madrid for fame and money even though he refused them,barca and chelsea lol

No if he would have joined then he would be like that. And by the way i think he is going to be one of the best in the world. And i think he is better than balotelli.
But forget what i said, i think my desire to not see him at Madrid has more to do with my post than fact.

But disregarding that, i always found him a bit cocky like balotelli.

Last edited by anirudhkitt on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Are you serious?

More Balon D Ores

Only CL makes a little difference, with our super run for past 25 years, we gonna overtake you in CL in 5-10 years :coffee:

good for you, yet no one makes threads about you Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Are you serious?

More Balon D Ores

Because our greatness is not debatable, its an undisputed fact :coffee:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Magic Spray wrote:
anirudhkitt wrote:OK i just dont like the guy , but if he does come to madrid, i will have to support him. He is like the brazilian balotelli

Is that supposed to be an insult? Brazillian Balotelli = :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

No insult at all, i love to see him play. I just desperately dont want him at Madrid. Not because of his football, but the fact that the team will get unbalanced.

And the balotelli reference was because i felt they have some matching traits. (In attitude)
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Are you serious?

More Balon D Ores

cool story brah Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Players have rejected the notion of going to Real Madrid before you know. I remember Henry and Viera turning them down and most famously Old Man Johan told them no. Maybe in a small amount but Real Madrid has faced rejection before.

The problem with your assessment is that no matter how things are at Real currently, it is still considered a prestigious glamorous club. For starters, you'll be handsomely paid which is a big factor for any footballer, you'll gain worldwide recognition and you're playing for a legendary club. Unless you're really comfortable where you are, it's is really hard to reject such a lifestyle. And of course, you'll be in Madrid which by and large, is a wonderful city to live in.

Seriously, I don't understand the question honestly nor the basis of the question. Most footballers want to be paid, want a bit of prestige and at least a bit of glory.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:

Undisputed greatest club at match fixing maybe.
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Magic Spray wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:

Wasnt it in Franco/Bernabeu era?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:
Magic Spray wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:

Wasnt it in Franco/Bernabeu era?

please, just lay your ignorance in this thread. Franco was an atletico fan boy, and he and Santiago Bernabeu did not see eye to eye.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:02 pm

is this a joke?

big clubs attract big players

these players rumored to come to madrid grew up watching the galaticos who wouldnt want to be mentioned in the same sentence as them?

also madrid has a very very very young, new, and talented squad. young and talented players are going to at least think they have a chance of breaking into the squad. its not like milan where oh im going to have to compete with pato who has been there for years okay.

hazard, neymar, and gotze would all be competing with di maria, where there is a huge possibility of edging out as he has a lot of fundamental weaknesses.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Viera came out and said he should have gone to Madrid though.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Simple: Over a longer period of time probably the best chance in the world to win title after title. Yes they're behind Barca right now, but realistically, they'll take back the crown. Simply because of their spending power and ambition. At some point they'll buy togetehr that sweet combination of coach and players, and achieve enough chemistry, to challenge for the UCL again. We all know it. The players know it.

Yes Barca is undoubtedly better right now, but the margin is shrinking each week, and the players know that. Also: top wages.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Real Madrid is a big and prestigious club and for many players, it is a dream to play for them. City and Chelsea on the other hand......
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Real Madrid is a big and prestigious club and for many players, it is a dream to play for them.

Certainly was for Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Heinze and Beckham....they couldn't wait to make the step up Laughing
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:20 am

chemicalboy99 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Real Madrid is a big and prestigious club and for many players, it is a dream to play for them.

Certainly was for Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Heinze and Beckham....they couldn't wait to make the step up Laughing

Keep telling yourself that chemical. As far as I remember, RVN and Beckham had problems with SAF and the club decided to sell them and CR achieved everything with us and was looking for a new challenge.

edit: I for got to mention Heinze, we already had Evra who over took him by then. He was actually wanting to go to LFC but Utd said hell no and sold him off to the first bidder..who happened to be RM.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:46 am

still have not understood how milan are moure successful than madrid .. because they have won more ballon d ors?isnt that an individual accomplishment? and more intercontinentak aka club world championshipS? lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:54 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Sepi wrote:Big club, pays top wages, and challenges for top honours.

what's not to love.
couldnt have said it better my self... the reply made by grande-milano is ridiculous.

money,fame, titles, same reason why others dream of playing for barcelona or united.

players want success, in one way or the other depending on what they define it by... money, fame, titles or all.

and anyways u come out as sounding too jelly grande-milano...

we have a better history than any other club in the world, we pay good wages, and we have the best coach in the world, what's milan going to offer? what are all the other clubs going to offer?

ud have to be blind to pick a club other than barca or madrid if ur asked where ud like to go. of course other factors have to be taken in.

I like how you keep saying titles players go to Milan. besides last year when was the last time you guys even go out of the first round of UCL? It's not common now adays for R. Madrid to win titles. So if players want titles they go to Barca or Man U.

If players want to have cash and want to have fame they go to R Madrid and Man City
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next