Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters?

+34
BiasedMilanFan3
billionmillion
Zealous
LeSwagg James
DeviAngel
kiranr
Kev
Mamad
windkick
Lord Hades
chemicalboy99
RED
VivaStPauli
Magricos
VanDeezNuts
Doc
Lex
jibers
Yuri Yukuv
S32TABLANCA
Swanhends
Sushi Master
Jack Daniels
Magic Spray
Superstone Mariomintsch
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
The Madrid One
urbaNRoots
Arsenalfaithfull
anirudhkitt
Albiceleste
Grande_Milano
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters? Empty Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters?

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:11 pm

You see young talented players all over the world expressing desire to play for that club. Many of them arent even going to make it into main eleven, yet are prepared to sit on the bench.

Money?

Prestige?

Gloryhunting/Trophyhunting?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters? Empty Re: Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Big club, pays top wages, and challenges for top honours.

what's not to love.

Back to top Go down

Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters? Empty Re: Players choosing Real Madrid: Money, Prestige or Glory Hunters?

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Sepi wrote:Big club, pays top wages, and challenges for top honours.

what's not to love.

You dont see top talents wishing to play for Liverpool, etc? Its all Madrid, Madrid, Madrid now
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 pm

ask ¢ri$tiano

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Interesting argument there. Although in the case of neymar i would think its money/glory for himself.

Another interesting thing is to assume that they might not be here for the football itself. I have been following hazard for some time now, and if anyone else has they would know that he is a level headed fellow.
So now if a player like that wants to come to Madrid, i would think it might have something to do with the football and the chance to play with the top talents in the world.

Of course with a lot of players its about money but i think it would be unfair to put general labels on everyone.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Its like asking why players in the NBA still line to to play in the Madison Sq Garden, even though Knicks underachieve. Or like asking hockey players why they want to play for Montreal or Toronto.

To to the OP, i choose 'prestiege , then the deciding factor rather than money. I do not think gloryhunting is as big of a factor. I mean look at Liverpool (another great example). They continue to attract creme of the crop , even though they have not been "successful" for years and years. Certain clubs have this aura about the club, its history, the stadia etc, the passionate fan base, that makes any player want to be part of that legacy.

The best way I can explain this is like this:
If you had a choice of having to pick a 87 Porsche vs 09 Hundai Genesis (which is a great car and offers much more than the 87 porsche), which one would you pick?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:44 pm

what's not to love.

Perfectly said.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Its not ''top clubs attract", its "RM attracting". Every best player now chooses Madrid or a fan of Madrid above Barcelona, Man U, Milan, Bayern, etc

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:48 pm

what's not to love.
couldnt have said it better my self... the reply made by grande-milano is ridiculous.

money,fame, titles, same reason why others dream of playing for barcelona or united.

players want success, in one way or the other depending on what they define it by... money, fame, titles or all.

and anyways u come out as sounding too jelly grande-milano...

we have a better history than any other club in the world, we pay good wages, and we have the best coach in the world, what's milan going to offer? what are all the other clubs going to offer?

ud have to be blind to pick a club other than barca or madrid if ur asked where ud like to go. of course other factors have to be taken in.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:48 pm

lol @ Grande Milano trying to create drama, lmao. try harder brah

Madrid is a bit of a special club, Zealous put it in words beautifully.
Zealous wrote:
Madrid is a tough place to succeed in but every player wants to try because they believe they can. Madrid is that scorching hot babe at the party everyone wants to take home, she'll whisper things in your ear, promise you nice things and write invitations for you on handkerchiefs (Zidane ^^) but she'll suck the life out of you if you aren't man enough for her.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm

thanks grande-milano for illustrating our awesomeness without wanting to.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 pm

That deserves to go into the "Qoutes of goal legacy" thread
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 pm

anirudhkitt wrote:Interesting argument there. Although in the case of neymar i would think its money/glory for himself.

Another interesting thing is to assume that they might not be here for the football itself. I have been following hazard for some time now, and if anyone else has they would know that he is a level headed fellow.
So now if a player like that wants to come to Madrid, i would think it might have something to do with the football and the chance to play with the top talents in the world.

Of course with a lot of players its about money but i think it would be unfair to put general labels on everyone.
:idea:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 pm

I read Crimson's articles and there stated that Bayern and Juve actually almost signed Keane. Those days Bayern, and the 3 big league big teams all have almost equal pulling power. But, these days is more of because of what Sepi's said. Maybe finally the good effect of the Galacticos? Well you know all those superstars played there and these kids idolized those stars and also what Sepi says so there you go. :dance:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Ganso wrote:
anirudhkitt wrote:Interesting argument there. Although in the case of neymar i would think its money/glory for himself.

OK i just dont like the guy , but if he does come to madrid, i will have to support him. He is like the brazilian balotelli
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:10 pm

anirudhkitt wrote:
Ganso wrote:

OK i just dont like the guy , but if he does come to madrid, i will have to support him. He is like the brazilian balotelli
the brazilian trolltelli?what has he done?you said he would chose madrid for fame and money even though he refused them,barca and chelsea lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:10 pm

anirudhkitt wrote:OK i just dont like the guy , but if he does come to madrid, i will have to support him. He is like the brazilian balotelli

Is that supposed to be an insult? Brazillian Balotelli = :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 pm

I want to play...in a club...that won CDR that went under the bus :dance:

(Blah blah dont try hard on Milan insults, we are bigger than u anyway :dance: )
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I want to play...in a club...that won CDR that went under the bus :dance:

(Blah blah dont try hard on Milan insults, we are bigger than u anyway :dance: )

Why would we insult you?

1) no one wants to stoop to your level

2) no one talks about you anyway

Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I want to play...in a club...that won CDR that went under the bus :dance:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Its not ''top clubs attract", its "RM attracting". Every best player now chooses Madrid or a fan of Madrid above Barcelona, Man U, Milan, Bayern, etc

No they don't. Else Madrid would have every single player they go after.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Just based on age, the current crop of young promising players grew up in the galactico era

its hardly surprising
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 pm

The amount of Jelly here is over 9000.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Should we start trophy counting? "Most successful club in the world" officially :coffee:

Anyway, what concerns me is how brainwashed all these youngsters, they are ready to play for Madrid whatever the reason, though its a clear path to their end here (no chance in main team, players' graveyard numero uno, CDRs for life :dance: )
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Everyone who is dutch wants to play for barca or milan.

All asians want to play for man utd

French want to play for arsenal

Germans for Bayern

Everyone else for madrid
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next