Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zees
Lex
chaval
Superstone Mariomintsch
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread

Post by billionmillion Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Di Maria hmm

billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Landon Donavan. Its very frustrating to see him in the MLS.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Donovan would be top-3 AM if he played for big clubs
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Landon Donavan
I think it has a lot to do with his attitude.IMO Having failed in Germany twice before, He does not want to go out of his comfort zone. We all saw that he could hold his own against the PL midfielders.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Landon Donavan
I think it has a lot to do with his attitude.IMO Having failed in Germany twice before, He does not want to go out of his comfort zone. We all saw that he could hold his own against the PL midfielders.

I agree with Donovan, I should've mentioned him. I don't think he's afraid though like you say. He really wanted to stay at Everton, but Bruce Arena didn't let him because the LA Galaxy need him, and he's honoring his contract. I did really want him to stay in the EPL though. I think he's good enough to stay in Europe and succeed.

I would also like to add Clint Dempsey. I'm sure Fulham fans love him but otherwise he's also a great player who's under appreciated. I was hoping we could get him at Arsenal.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:36 pm

billionmillion wrote:Donovan would be top-3 AM if he played for big clubs
I saw him when he tried at Bayern München. He wasn't convincing there. Maybe the PL would be better for him as then he'd have people around who talk English, too, and he might find it easier to integrate.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Since we're mentioning Americans....add Tim Howard to the list. One of the best keepers in the BPL and he hardly ever gets the credit he deserves for what he does for Everton. Great player.

Bayer Leverkusen's Eren Derdiyok comes to mind. I love this guy's style of play. Been watching him since his Basel days.

Another goalkeeper that doesn't really get his due is Maarten Stekelenburg. There's a little Roma bias with this one, but I thought this was largely true even before he joined us. Was fanatastic for the Dutch all the way through the WC and will be absolutely crucial for them at the Euros and yet he never really gets mentioned a whole lot when we talk about top keepers in Europe.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 pm

McLewis wrote:Since we're mentioning Americans....add Tim Howard to the list. One of the best keepers in the BPL and he hardly ever gets the credit he deserves for what he does for Everton. Great player.

Bayer Leverkusen's Eren Derdiyok comes to mind. I love this guy's style of play. Been watching him since his Basel days.

Another goalkeeper that doesn't really get his due is Maarten Stekelenburg. There's a little Roma bias with this one, but I thought this was largely true even before he joined us. Was fanatastic for the Dutch all the way through the WC and will be absolutely crucial for them at the Euros and yet he never really gets mentioned a whole lot when we talk about top keepers in Europe.

actually,i made a thread on Tim on the old forums and most people agreed with me that he is a top 10 GK
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 pm

McLewis wrote:Another goalkeeper that doesn't really get his due is Maarten Stekelenburg. There's a little Roma bias with this one, but I thought this was largely true even before he joined us. Was fanatastic for the Dutch all the way through the WC and will be absolutely crucial for them at the Euros and yet he never really gets mentioned a whole lot when we talk about top keepers in Europe.
Well, I'm pretty sure I must have mentioned him once in a while. He's a GK after all and - as you already mentioned - not bad at all. I mean ManUtd were interested in him for a reason until they got de Gea.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Ramires, in beast mode this season. Brillient player that very few people love.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 pm

McLewis wrote:Since we're mentioning Americans....add Tim Howard to the list. One of the best keepers in the BPL and he hardly ever gets the credit he deserves for what he does for Everton. Great player.

Stekelburg is widely regarded as one of the best keepers. We was sought after by Rednapp SAF and Wenger in the same season. And finally, he is the first choice for Holland, and Roma. Hardly a keeper that has been "under the radar" dont you think?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 pm

armero and asamoah.
Two very important players for udinese who don't get enough credit for their efforts
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Jay Spearing.

The English Mascherano, the dominator of Yaya Toure, and 10 times the player Charlie Adam is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

GOAL LEGACY: The only place on the internet where Tim " fckin" Howard is a top 10 gk and Valdes is a laughing stock.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:25 pm

Valdes will always be a laughing stock. This will never change.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

pirat <---this guy

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Zealous wrote:Valdes will always be a laughing stock. This will never change.

Tim Howard tho Laughing

He's not even top 10 in DPL ffs Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Sepi wrote:Maxi F*cking Rodriguez.

I almost cry everyday how under-used he is for us. It's so sad, it's breaking my heart.

Absolute lunacy

Maxi RodriGOAT :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 pm

I am gonna tweet this video and Spearing vs Yaya clip to Kenny`s twitter.

Can`t believe those 2 have played 35 minutees combined in the league this season....Unfackingbelievable

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Pizzaro
Rincon
Tino Costa

Which Pizzaro? Which Rincon? Anyway some nice players there Afro
Stekelenburg was mentioned quite a lot, so let's conclude that he is not underappreciated Twisted Evil

@Mole, then who are the 10? Al-Habsi in there? banana
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Maybe I don't read the right threads on these boards, but I hardly ever see Stek or Howard get mentioned along with the likes of Casillas, Valdes, Buffon, Neuer, Hart and so on.

Could be just me though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:27 pm

McLewis wrote:Maybe I don't read the right threads on these boards, but I hardly ever see Stek or Howard get mentioned along with the likes of Casillas, Valdes, Buffon, Neuer, Hart and so on.

Could be just me though.

Explain to me why Howard should be mentioned among those guys?

He's a very meh goalkeeper and is probably only just top ten in the premier league if that, Stek i will give you but Howard no way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Tim Howard tho Laughing

What's the top 10 list? Yo, Al-Habsi in then? Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 pm

1. Iker
2. Neuer
3. Diego Alves
4. De Santics
5. Valdes
6. Al Habsi
7. Buffon
8. Cech
9. Sczczczczney
10. De Gea

:dance:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Tim Howard tho Laughing

What's the top 10 list? Yo, Al-Habsi in then? Very Happy

1. Krul
2. Sczesney
3. Hart
4. Freidel
5. Reina
6. Given
7. Vorm
8. Cech
9. De Gea
10. Begovic

DPL Only Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Simone Pepe
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next