LWL91
DeviAngel
Luca
inderbaby
The_ItalianFool
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rumor: Elia has meeting with Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor: Elia has meeting with Juve

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Luca wrote:doesn't mean he will wait forever on the bench either

You know what? Youre right!

It was absolutely absurd for Conte to tell Elia "Hey! You are going to be on the bench the whole season! You are not going to get played at all! You are a reserve players!" .... Oh wait... that didnt happen....Numb Skull Laughing

In order to understand the coach, you need to speak Italian.
In order to understand your teammates, you need to speak Italian.
In order to be an effective winger in Serie A, you need to know how to defend.
In the GERMAN LEAGUE, attackers/wingers have more freedom than in Serie A.

Here are 4 things that explicitly apply to Elia, but not to Vidal or Esti.

The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Elia has meeting with Juve - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor: Elia has meeting with Juve

Post by Luca Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Vidal and Estigarribia don't speak Italian :facepalm:
Once again, your logic takes a massive U-turn
good idea not answering my previous post, saved yourself some embarrassment

this guy just went from culture and language to tactics, what a shame, you can't even keep your own argument straight and you expect me to take you seriously, why on Earth would you not lead with that? Instead of absurd posts about language and culture, communication is key but its not the only thing of significance and that is all I was saying

And yes, it is November and using the first games as a sample, Elia has every right to be concerned about his future because as a player he simply wants to play

And no, effective wingers do not need to be a Simone Pepe clone, they can attack more than they defend especially with Chiellini behind Elia if he were on the left side
Conservative left back- attacking winger- it works.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Luca wrote:Vidal and Estigarribia don't speak Italian :facepalm:

this guy just went from culture and language to tactics, what a shame, you can't even keep your own argument straight and you expect me to take you seriously, why on Earth would you not lead with that? Instead of absurd posts about language and culture, communication is key but its not the only thing of significance and that is all I was saying

And yes, it is November and using the first games as a sample, Elia has every right to be concerned about his future because as a player he simply wants to play

And no, effective wingers do not need to be a Simone Pepe clone, they can attack more than they defend especially with Chiellini behind Elia if he were on the left side

You're an idiot. Language is a part of culture dipshit.

And I never said "THE ONLY REASON HE ISNT PLAYING IS BECAUSE OF CULTURE."

IT IS EVERYTHING. Culture(which includes language), the league, the system, the team, the coach, the pressure! EVERYTHING. Can you think about more than on thing at once or is that too hard for you?

And yes, effective wingers in Serie have to defend more, learn something. And we dont have a good enough LB for that. Chiellini is an emergency LB, and if you havent noticed he goes forward a lot when he is there.

I'm done here, 5 page paper due in an hour. I cant sit here defining culture to a child
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Luca wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:You all should watch the movie Goal the dream begins and all it will be clear about Elia or goal 2

I don't have it.. Please explain what it is with the movie that relates to Elia? Surprised

it doesn't in any way whatsoever

Than you haven't watched the movie or u didn't understand it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:

IT IS EVERYTHING. Culture(which includes language), the league, the system, the team, the coach, the pressure! EVERYTHING. Can you think about more than on thing at once or is that too hard for you?

And yes, effective wingers in Serie have to defend more, learn something. And we dont have a good enough LB for that. Chiellini is an emergency LB, and if you havent noticed he goes forward a lot when he is there.

I'm done here, 5 page paper due in an hour. I cant sit here defining culture to a child

:facepalm:
culture includes a number of different things
I hope your paper isn't on different cultural ideas and traditions, it would be a short paper for you to write I see
Now Chiellini is an emergency LB, sweet Jesus
why did I waste my time with you, you're beyond useless

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:You all should watch the movie Goal the dream begins and all it will be clear about Elia or goal 2

I don't have it.. Please explain what it is with the movie that relates to Elia? Surprised

actually I own the movie
It just doesn't apply
the guy in the movie had to take any opportunity available to him and work from it because that was his only way into football

Elia has played for Twente and Hamburg and if he were to leave Juventus it would be because opportunities are available to him, which werent for Santiago in the first movie when he made his way onto Newcastle. His dream was to play football, that was how he made his dream happen, by working his way up and taking any opportunity.
If you remember in the second movie he even left the team where he made it.

So no, that doesn't apply in any way whatsoever to Elia, Elia can leave and join another club.

but thanks Dejan, my comprehension skills are up to par
It is italian_fool that you might want to discuss with, he clearly cant find the point if it bit him in the ass

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:13 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:

It was absolutely absurd for Conte to tell Elia "Hey! You are going to be on the bench the whole season! You are not going to get played at all! You are a reserve players!" .... Oh wait... that didnt happen....Numb Skull Laughing

then how the hell BARCELONA play so good no one there doesn't speak ITALIAN :lol!:

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:18 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

then how the hell BARCELONA play so good no one there doesn't speak ITALIAN :lol!:

Razz I see what you done there. :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:19 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

:lol!: +1
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Luca wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

:facepalm:
culture includes a number of different things
I hope your paper isn't on different cultural ideas and traditions, it would be a short paper for you to write I see
Now Chiellini is an emergency LB, sweet Jesus
why did I waste my time with you, you're beyond useless

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
LWL91 wrote:

actually I own the movie
It just doesn't apply
the guy in the movie had to take any opportunity available to him and work from it because that was his only way into football

Elia has played for Twente and Hamburg and if he were to leave Juventus it would be because opportunities are available to him, which werent for Santiago in the first movie when he made his way onto Newcastle. His dream was to play football, that was how he made his dream happen, by working his way up and taking any opportunity.
If you remember in the second movie he even left the team where he made it.

So no, that doesn't apply in any way whatsoever to Elia, Elia can leave and join another club.

but thanks Dejan, my comprehension skills are up to par
It is italian_fool that you might want to discuss with, he clearly cant find the point if it bit him in the ass
Wow you sound like Tony today man, what is up your ass?

again, youre an idiot. Dejan was referring to the fact that you need to work to achieve your dream, not just given to you.

To finish off our debate(if you can call it that), since culture includes language, it is relevant. I didn't say all of culture was the reason.

And secondly, yes, Chiellini is an emergency left back... That is why he doesnt play LB when we have De Ceglie in form... That is why he plays more in the middle.... That is why he is more effective in the middle...

And i thought you were competent :brickwall:
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:33 pm

De Ceglie is healthy and Chiellini has still played left back, how is that an emergency left back? He may have started that way but it is clear that he is a left back for the time being which makes my point about Elia relevant. In any case my point is still relevant because I mentioned the blend, if you want De Ceglie who is a more attacking LB than Chiellini is than a conservative winger works best.

And yeah, you started as culture was the entire reason, you expanded and made some better points but then you still went back to the cultural differences which is a shame.

And, I don't care what you think of me, I'm not here to impress anyone.

There is nothing 'up my ass' I am just firmly against the cultural difference argument, I apologize if I offended you because this has gotten a little bit out of hand there are just too many examples of players from different leagues having instant success, there is examples of players also failing but we will never know which category Elia fills if he never plays. He also doesn't seem like the type of player to wait around and find out.

Also, I mentioned the 'work hard to achieve your dream' however, Elia is a professional footballer, he achieved a transfer to Juventus which is impressive, he has played for good European sides and he can find another and make that dream come true- this was my only point.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 pm

If he doesnt want to wait for his chance then by all means sell him; I'm sure we can get our money back and reinvest.

No player is more important than our results, you can even as Del Piero about that.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Sure, I just worry about the condition of the team come January-February
The team has shown no signs of slowing down but the same thing happened to Del Neri.

He relied on
Aquilani
Quagliarella
Krasic
Melo

For the most part, with no real rotation for these players
Come January, Quagliarella injured, the same game Melo gets a three game ban. Krasic's form drops dramatically, as does Aquilani's form.

I am worried that the same thing could happen with this Juventus.

Pirlo
Vucinic
Matri
Marchisio
Vidal

Not even going to the defense where it is a better situation but not a great one still

Chiellini (monster)
Barzagli
Bonucci
Lichtsteiner

no one else is reliable

So, I worry
and I am a big Quagliarella and Krasic fan which I show constantly so I am completely biased in these discussions.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 pm

I am just as big of a Krasic fan as you dude, I even bought his jersey last season.

I agree that it would be unhealthy for the team and players if we just kept Quag, Krasic, and Elia on the bench until an emergency.

I hope and seriously believe that Conte knows this as well. I think he knows his best players are on the bench, and they need to be integrated.

At the same time, he has to maintain our lead. And on top of integrating Krasic and Quag again, and then Elia (which should be the hardest), he also has to make sure our subs/rotation players (Giac, Pepe, Esti) are able to come in comfortably in case of injury or whatever. While he has successfully managed to bring in Vidal, Lich, and Esti is coming along, Krasic did not go to plan.

If you noticed, he gave Krasic an earlier chance because he thought he would be adjusted already, but that isnt the case as you can see by his form. This complicated things.

Do we continue on the original path and integrate Esti, then Elia, then go back to Krasic? Or do we try Krasic over and over again until he gets in? Someone has to be patient, and at the same time we have to maintain our position on the table.

It is much harder than anyone here gives credit for.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:
TomJuve wrote:Just like I said. This is not FIFA. You can't buy great players for your bench and neglect them until 3/4 of the way through the season. They're real people, they want to play and he will leave should he not be used.

And you are right, this ISNT fifa. You cant just thorw players into different formations, teams, and countries and expect him to play like an "84" or whatever his fifa ranking is. He needs to adapt, he needs to learn, he needs to be comfortable.

There's a difference between throwing him in and giving him a chance against a low team...

I'm pretty sure by now he knows how the team play. Look at the hundreds of players who go to a club as a big signing and play straight away.

Aguero, Forlan, Klose just to name a few more recent ones....

And I know it's only 1/4 through the season, my point is he's not close to getting a look in and people have been saying we can use him at the end of the season to freshen up the team. And I say, that's if he's not fed up and gone by then.

Lol dude, Aguero, Forlan, and Klose are WORLD CLASS PLAYERS. We have a young dutch winger with potential.....Of course they wont need take as much time to adjust, they are already well established....

I agree he needs patience and it can get annoying, but I dont care about that. He needs to learn certain things and that is what Conte is doing.

funny how u contradict yourself :facepalm:

Platini needed 6 months to adjust u claimed..... :facepalm:

Platini wasn't world class I guess.....

did it take Zidane 6 months?

Estigaribbia is already playing........ oh Spanish is 2333578 blah blah same as Italian.......

did u ever hear football is a universal language?

I have seen people arrive from countries that don't speak English already bursting it out for their colleges or even in the MLS to use the US as an example......

herp derp :facepalm:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:17 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
Luca wrote:There are much better players than Elia that didn't need to be 'familiarized' with Italian football

Its a bunch of shit really I hate this argument a lot
Estigarribia gets more minutes, I guess he is more familiarized with Italy, being there about 10 more days than Elia has :facepalm:
Vidal joined in July, thats practically a several year difference than August!

utter bullshit, sorry

Bro. Do you know the difference between the dutch language and italian language? Then compare that to the differences between spanish and italian. Spanish is 23458324534 times more similar to italian.

Utter bullshit? You are utterly incompetent and ignorant of cultural differences. Case in point Platini to Juve. 6 months to adjust.

Ummm, Platini won the Ballon d'Or in his FIRST season with Juventus and also won the Capocannoniere as Serie A's top scorer that same year, so your arguement that Platini had a hard time adjusting to Serie A in his first year has a couple of MAJOR flaws in it...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2