Should we rotate Marcelo and Coentrao like Higgy and Benz?

+20
StevieRayVaughan
anirudhkitt
Jeps33178
Zees
Doc
guest7
Funkentelechy
huntsman
alexander mahone
VanDeezNuts
Babun
estrella bernabeu
dostoevsky
buddytaller
Zealous
ÖMARz
paperbackwriter
EarlyPrototype
SuperMAG
Mamad
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we rotate Marcelo and Coentrao like Higgy and Benz? Empty Should we rotate Marcelo and Coentrao like Higgy and Benz?

Post by Mamad Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am

Marcelo and Coentrao are two best young LB's in the world. Coentrao is too damn good to be benched.

should we rotate them?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Should we rotate Marcelo and Coentrao like Higgy and Benz? Empty Re: Should we rotate Marcelo and Coentrao like Higgy and Benz?

Post by SuperMAG Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:57 am

well u know my answer lol RM.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Should we rotate Marcelo and Coentrao like Higgy and Benz? Empty Re: Should we rotate Marcelo and Coentrao like Higgy and Benz?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 am

No I think one of them should be given the permanent starting spot. You know who I want to start. Afro

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:08 am

No... Coentrao was bought as an utility player and he knew that. He even highlighted his own ability to play in different position during the negotiation period. It wouldn't be fair to Marcelo to start som kind of rotation policy inbetween them. Also, I consider him to be better.

Marcelo should start when fit and not in need of rest.

Coentrao will get time as a LB, CM and even LW.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 am

its marcelos spot without a doubt and mou has already made it clear that coentrao wont be taking it.

i also dont want coentrao to take it, he said that he will play anywhere just to play for madrid, and thats why we signed him.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 am

I think Coentrao should work hard on getting a decent right foot, just like a certain Argentinian player, and take over at RB. As much as I like robocop... Coentrao would bring a whole new dimension to the right if he adapted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 am

I like Blondie but I have no idea why we signed him really.

I mean if he's happy being a utility player then I guess that's OK but something tells me he came here thinking his Portuguese mates would let him start every game.

He isn't better than Marcelo, he isn't better than any of our main midfielders and he isn't better than any of our wingers.

Even at RB Godbeloa would give him tough competition so it's not clear cut.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:42 am

As I said earlier in a different thread, Mourinho signed him for many reasons, not least is the fact signing him means the Cules can't get their hands on one of the best young left back in the game at the moment, since Abidal is getting old. He's also versatile and is Portuguese Very Happy
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 am

"If we can't have him no one can" isn't a good transfer policy IMO.

Anyway Blondie isn't lazy so I'm OK with him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 pm

The last thing Marcelo's development needs is a rotation policy. Offering Coentrao games at left back is sensible to ensure each member of the squad is well rested, and to put pressure upon Marcelo to continue to perform given these games will give Coentrao a chance to show what he is made of at the same time.

However being forced to consistently perform and concentrate will improve Marcelo and if Madrid are to begin to alter the centre-back partnership, the last thing the team needs is an extra disruption to team chemistry, especially with such a tight league race building.

Being too good for the bench may work as an average but not for a team trying to win everything, though it's still a bizarre transfer. If you tire of him, do pass him over like the nice chaps you are though :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Why not playing with Coentrao as a LW and CR as a RW for some games during Di Maira injury. A lot of options are offered to Jose.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Di Maria is out for 4 weeks. CR7 ond the right and Coentrao on the left wing. There you have your utility player n1 Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:49 pm

A brain teaser for Mou hmm
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:53 pm

no. tbh it would not be fair to marcelo who has defintely won his spot over the psat few years. it would be like benching ramos for arbeloa.

if they are fit they should both be playing, now trying marcelo on the right- thats a completely different thing.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Since Coentrao's already here anyway I don't see why he shouldn't get a shot to earn rotation minutes at his best position (LB). Kaka got that shot, Ozil & Di Maria was rotated to accommodate him, Khedira will be as well to accommodate Sahin. So are Benzema & Higuain. Why is it any different for Coentrao & Marcelo. Coentrao deserves more than just waiting for injury to happen to see minutes in random positions, not good for his development either.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:57 pm

I am against rotating our backline.
Sure the attack is different but the fortress at the back should remain untouched or with minimal changes.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:21 pm

alexander mahone wrote:Since Coentrao's already here anyway I don't see why he shouldn't get a shot to earn rotation minutes at his best position (LB). Kaka got that shot, Ozil & Di Maria was rotated to accommodate him, Khedira will be as well to accommodate Sahin. So are Benzema & Higuain. Why is it any different for Coentrao & Marcelo. Coentrao deserves more than just waiting for injury to happen to see minutes in random positions, not good for his development either.

Agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:25 pm

alexander mahone wrote:Since Coentrao's already here anyway I don't see why he shouldn't get a shot to earn rotation minutes at his best position (LB). Kaka got that shot, Ozil & Di Maria was rotated to accommodate him, Khedira will be as well to accommodate Sahin. So are Benzema & Higuain. Why is it any different for Coentrao & Marcelo. Coentrao deserves more than just waiting for injury to happen to see minutes in random positions, not good for his development either.

Remember guys, we are not in an auction or a fish market. Whoever performs must play. We need harmony and chemistry. Such is the game, if you're not physically and mentally performing and ready, your opponents will devour you.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:07 pm

I'd rather have Marcelo on the right wing and Ronaldo on the left, they can both cut in and can switch sides during play.

Casillas
Arbeloa - Pepe - Ramos - Coentrao
Khedira - Alonso
Marcelo - Ozil - Ronaldo
Benzema
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Oh F**K, i have a partner in crime now. buddy.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Let's play this formation instead.

Ozil
Alonso - Ronaldo - Coentrao - Khedira
Ramos - Benzema
Marcelo - Arbeloa - Casillas
Pepe
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Zealous wrote:Let's play this formation instead.

Ozil
Ramos - Benzema
Pepe

lmao bounce

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Zealous wrote:Let's play this formation instead.

Ozil
Ramos - Benzema
Pepe

:lol!:
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:37 pm

No Marcelo is miles better than Coentrao and this isn't similair to Higgy and Benz since they both offer something different and they both are good but Marcelo is twice the better player and only thing Coentrao offers is defense while Marcelo can offer a new dimension to our game. (although Coentrao does give more width, if that's ever needed)

He isn't WC and he isn't as good as some say he is. I think he is overhyped and average, just my opinion.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Overhyped is agreeable but average is an opinion that is quite wrong. He is not average, not in the slightest.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next