Benz, step it up, bro! Vote_lcap0%Benz, step it up, bro! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

Benz, step it up, bro! Empty Benz, step it up, bro!

Post by Babun Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 23:28

He started to show his true potential last year before the summer break. Prior to that, he was out of the picture for 1,5 years. This year, the arrival of Kun* or Neymar could've meant his departure in January/next summer.As of now, Kun* is most probably heading towards Man City and if Neymar comes then in January, after the CWC.

His nemesis (meant competitive), Higgy , will be back in training soon. The question, will he continue where he left off in the last season or fall into lethargy again like the infamous 1,5 years ?

I feel that Higgy could kick him out of starting 11 even if he is at 70%. He looked very impressive in Copa America. Try to give a reason for your choice Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Benz, step it up, bro! Empty Re: Benz, step it up, bro!

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 23:34

well, let's hope he does step up , we are going to need everybody to do their part.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 23:50

Higuain wont kick him at 70% becouse his finishing was pretty bad but he will kick him out for sure
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 1:59

At some point potential turns into dissapointment
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 2:31

this year it will be deciding for both our strikers, specially because more is expected of us this year. if benz sucks this year which he wont, i will give up on him, and we would miss out on aguero
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 4:07

i voted yes, i think he will step up.

BUT, higuain is the better striker- they will share playing time whether that means benz will play on the wing in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3

also higuain may play on the wing so either way minutes will be shared regardless of benz stepping up or not.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 4:47

lololololol. benzema better step up. im still pissed.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ♠Ace Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 4:49

Am i the only one that wasn't exactly impressed with higuain? Might be cause I have high expectation for him.
I like the guy, but I still think he is out of form. His finishing is quite bad atm.

I believe Benzema can step up. When we bought him, he was supposed to be the one of the best young striker

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 5:50

I hope he does in fact step up his game from last season. It would be a great benefit to the team...

Or he'll be sold and easily forgotten...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 5:57

It doesnt matter who will play, higgy the shitty or benz. Both are a thorn in Madrid's waist. A waste of space. They dont have it in them to step up. They flop in big occasions.

I have always felt that way since last season. Havent changed my mind about them.

If we want to compete, we need not ask them to step up, but we need to buy WC forwards. Sad thing that Aguero will be a missed opportunity.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 8:11

lol "I have always felt this way since last season"

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 9:21

Higuain and Benz are currently about at the same level right now. I wouldn't rate either below or above the other. Here are the differences in perception.

Higuain's weaknesses are really not fixable by hard work and training. He's not going to gain more technique and flair... those are things that you just have or you don't. The best he can do is maximize the toolset he currently has. He already works super hard; so i don't think there's much more to his progress. Efficiency and confidence in big moments are his main weaknesses. You have to admire his drive and hard work... and most do.

Benz is the opposite to Higuain. He has enormous flair and technique. What he has lacked is consistent competitiveness and work ethic. You can easily see him improve exponentially if his training and mindset improve... Granted, he has a bad back that has slowed him down. His personality also makes him appear as lethargic at times. But there's no question that he has lacked motivation (out of shape for a bit). He counts on his talent too much instead of working hard to maximize it.

That's why you see frustration towards Benz, while you feel admiration towards Higuain. One leaves you wanting for more while the other is working his hardest.

But in the end, Benz is much better player in terms of potential... just a higher ceiling. And despite all this, he is currently at the same level as Higuain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 9:26

Higuain needs to step up too. if he play for us like how he played for Argentina ( missing 10 chances per game ) he will not help us at all.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 10:05

Higuain at 60% > Benz
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 10:28

Jeps33178 wrote:Higuain at 60% > Benz

This is just BS and you're not alone with that kind of opinion. Higuain without his great finishing (which is what he lacks when he's not 100 %) is pretty much useless. He's way worse than Benzema when it comes to link up play and combining with the other attackers. His strong suit is his movement to create space for himself and finishing. He's on the pitch to score goals, when he don't score goals he's redundant. Benzema gets way more assists and is much less egoistic. When he don't score goal you can almost be certain that he'll deliver a couple of good chances to his team mates and usually an assist instead.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 12:15

I don't have much faith in him but I chose the 'yes' option. Optimism pays off sometimes Very Happy I don't really want any RM player to fail...

Last edited by babun1024 on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 13:36

paperbackwriter wrote:
Jeps33178 wrote:Higuain at 60% > Benz

This is just BS and you're not alone with that kind of opinion. Higuain without his great finishing (which is what he lacks when he's not 100 %) is pretty much useless. He's way worse than Benzema when it comes to link up play and combining with the other attackers. His strong suit is his movement to create space for himself and finishing. He's on the pitch to score goals, when he don't score goals he's redundant. Benzema gets way more assists and is much less egoistic. When he don't score goal you can almost be certain that he'll deliver a couple of good chances to his team mates and usually an assist instead.

Don't want to start another whole Benz vs Pipa argument but look at the stats on the assist count, you couldn't be more wrong there.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 2:21

dont care how he did today, to me he still hasnt stepped it up yet.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 23:29

Turok_TTZ wrote:dont care how he did today, to me he still hasnt stepped it up yet.

You're supposed to love Benz, why are you hating on him so much? Or is it that your expectations are just really high?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 0:56

cause hes insane.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 1:22

Turok_TTZ wrote:dont care how he did today, to me he still hasnt stepped it up yet.
Remind me, how did you became fan of benzema again?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 5:31

Saetablanca wrote:

You're supposed to love Benz, why are you hating on him so much? Or is it that your expectations are just really high?
The Benzema U see and the Benzema that I see are two different benzemas. U see the current Benzema. I see both the current and wut wud be the future Benzema, the one whois potential has been unlocked and unleashed. The Benzema that is superior to cr7, messi, the best striker in the world.

so yeah, i have extreme expectations for the benz. and right now he is starting to meet them. he has a long way to go.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 5:36

The xcx wrote:
Remind me, how did you became #1 fan of benzema again?

U missed something here.
actually i known of the benz sometime in 2007. i only became a real fan for the benz when i was a higuain fanboy and higuain disappointed me to the point where i lost complete faith in higuain. or more accurately, right after we got knocked out by lyon in the cl round of 16 in the 09-10 season.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 5:38

Turok_TTZ wrote:
The xcx wrote:

U missed something here.
actually i known of the benz sometime in 2007. i only became a real fan for the benz when i was a higuain fanboy and higuain disappointed me to the point where i lost complete faith in higuain. or more accurately, right after we got knocked out by lyon in the cl round of 16 in the 09-10 season.

can i see a picture of you turok, ive always wanted to know how you look out of pure curiosity...
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 7:41

The Madrid One wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
The xcx wrote:

U missed something here.

can i see a picture of you turok, ive always wanted to know how you look out of pure curiosity...

I posted this text somewhere in this forum but I'm afraid I cannot provide that picture. Had u asked me before 2009 I wudnt have minded having a public picture to for everyone to see the face behind the name. unfortunately due to my previous activities on the internet... i dont want to face a civil suit even if im involved in the grey section of the law. id rather avoid such issues. dont wanna risk it. remember fansubbing isnt legal. i cud avoid it but id owe certain people too much to cover me so rather not go through that mess.

all i can tell u is that i have shoulder length wavy hair. though im a guy, my hair looks feminine to the point where im mistaken for a girl only due to my hair alone (when not looking at my face). my hair is quite decent to fine. i do plan on growing my hair beyond that point. why, becuz i like it and im at competition with this girl i know on who can manage ones hair better. i cud describe more but i feel i wudnt be able to satisfy ur curiousity with just text. u wana ask further, goto my thread and post about it. i cud send u a pic but i wud require guarantees that u wud absolutely not post that pic anywhere else. nor that it can be viewed by anyone else. but such is unlikely.

really sorry i cannot post my pic, but i need to keep myself safe and i dont wanna go through the bs covering myself when shit hits the fan.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum