Zealous
Adit
VanDeezNuts
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Potential for greatness - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential for greatness

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Javi Martinez would be ideal actually. Carvajal is going to be too green to count on next year... Mou should try Varane at RB in the CDR and upcoming meaningless CL games. If it works, great. If not, we need a backup right fullback. Why don't they try Coentrao there too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Adit wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:ozil's potential limited?

explain yourself adit.
I think he is World class or close to it but i seriously doubt he has all the potential to become a crack player every one is expecting him to be.His strongest points are his close control,intelligence and distributive play.He rarely takes on defenders throw center,shooting is average and his throw balls are very good but not great,he has to work on these area's alot and im not expecting a massive improvement.

He will be world class ,no doubt but i dont think he can take it to next level.
Give him a break Very Happy The guy was a creative left winger then he was made into AM in one year and now Mou is trying to make him CAM, the hardest transition... eco smile He'll take up to 3 years to get it down perfectly, CAM isn't a joke, you can't learn it overnight or even in one year Very Happy
Afterwards, nothing stands in his way Very Happy

By the way, I bursted out laughing when I read about Ozil's 'low ceiling' eco smile You're fun Adit, I really like your posts eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:17 pm

I think im going to watch a bit more of martinez to see how much he has grown.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:18 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Give him a break Very Happy The guy was a creative left winger then he was made into AM in one year and now Mou is trying to make him CAM, the hardest transition... eco smile He'll take up to 3 years to get it down perfectly, CAM isn't a joke, you can't learn it overnight or even in one year Very Happy

By the way, I bursted out laughing when I read about Ozil's 'low ceiling' eco smile You're fun Adit, I really like your posts eco smile
I never said he has low ceiling rather i said his ceiling is limited due to various reasons.Every one is expecting him to be any thing close to zidane level Rolling Eyes while it will be lucky if he reach iniesta level to begin with...

He will be WC if he isnt already but i doubt he can take it to GOAT mode :study:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:Look at the ages of the players in our core group that are 25 and younger:
- Coentrao 23
- Marcelo 23
- Varane 18
- Ramos 25
- Di Maria 23
- Ozil 23
- Khedira 24
- Sahin 23
- Benz 23
- Higuain 23
(I didn't include Callejon and Granero because they're not really part of the core right now)

Most are 23 lol. You only have Casillas, Alonso, CR7, Pepe, Arbeloa and Carvalho that are older, with Carvalho being the only one at 30 or more.

We're a very, very young team that already has a lot of experience despite its age. Casillas can play until he's 40. CR7, Pepe and Arbeloa have 2-4 peak years left in them. The only guys that may slow down in the next year or two are Carvalho definitely and maybe Alonso.

I hope... no, i pray... that Perez, Zidane and Mou stick with these players. I understand Madrid always wants the next greatest thing. But if we stick with this group, we will win many trophies. Mou is actually rotating players so many of them are happy, as opposed to playing the starting 11 80% of the time.

We need a replacement for Kaka (Neymar) and Arbeloa (heard Varane is training as a RB as much as CB).

For the first time in years, we're settled as a team. Hope it lasts
The part I care the most Very Happy The squad is complete already Very Happy We only need the occasional rotation player and get rid of dead wood ( Kaka, Lass...) eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Adit wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

I never said he has low ceiling rather i said his ceiling is limited due to various reasons.Every one is expecting him to be any thing close to zidane level Rolling Eyes while it will be lucky if he reach iniesta level to begin with...

He will be WC if he isnt already but i doubt he can take it to GOAT mode :study:
He'll get into GOAT mode but the team must be build around him by then Very Happy Only shooting and positioning as a midfielder are missing Very Happy He'll get it down with time and practice Very Happy
You should watch more German NT, that team is really built around him Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Adit wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:ozil's potential limited?

explain yourself adit.
I think he is World class or close to it but i seriously doubt he has all the potential to become a crack player every one is expecting him to be.His strongest points are his close control,intelligence and distributive play.He rarely takes on defenders throw center,shooting is average and his throw balls are very good but not great,he has to work on these area's alot and im not expecting a massive improvement.

He will be world class ,no doubt but i dont think he can take it to next level.
sorry, we just all have different conceptions. that world class player that promises great things is the only thing i saw last year, and hopefully this year as well.

i thought that the term world class was a given for him..

i see great potential in this kid, hes one of the top 5 midfielders in the world imo, u better hope im right adit!
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:39 pm

Our team is pretty much set, very young and extremely talented, if we can develop and refine a style of football now and continue it even after Mou leaves, with the same core of players, it will be epic.

In goal, we dont need to worry about Iker for another six years.

In defence, assuming we keep this great defensive line that Ive been arguing for for ages, Arbeloa sticks out as needing replacement. I dont think we have a problem. We start preparing Carvajal for the role, in the meantime resting Arbeloa more and more with Ramos as well as Dani, filling that gap with Varane or Albiol. The next to go would then be Ramos, but that in at least another six years.

In midfield, of course Alonso has a few years left in him, and we are yet to see if Sahin can fulfill his potential. I would like to keep Alonso later as a rotation player, but maybe he will want to go back to Sociedad. Mvilla would be a great option, I would wish for Canales too. This is probably the most fluid area.

In attack, Neymar is probably coming and Di Maria will likely adopt a rotation/sub role eventually. Kaka will be sold, meaning we need a backup AM. Looks like Canales wont be ready, and Sarabia cant come back yet, so I dont know if we will go without one (we could) or keep Kaka. Higuain and Benz seem to be doing pretty well for now, but I dont know how long it will last. Morata, and eventually Sarabia and even Jese will (hopefully) come into the squad, so I think Callejon and maybe even Di Maria dont have a terribly long future here.

Hmm, long post. Ive thought of this before though, and our future can be really great if Perez doesnt screw it up again. Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Maybe it's mourinho's ambition to turn Coentrao in that long term B2B/DM
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:49 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Maybe it's mourinho's ambition to turn Coentrao in that long term B2B/DM

This.

I think he can partner Sahin better than he can partner Alonso.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Also

Names to consider

Adam, Carjaval , Sarabia , Morata.

I know they are not part of the current core , but I definitely see them as a long term part of Madrid's plan's.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Well it's clear the team has phenomenal chemistry after the game at Anoeta two songs could be heard coming out of Madrid’s locker room: Michel Teló’s “Ai Se Eu Te Pego” (naturally) and Carlos Baute’s “Amarte bien,” and not just the songs, but the voices of the players, singing along.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:03 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Maybe it's mourinho's ambition to turn Coentrao in that long term B2B/DM

Hmm, maybe. If he can pull that off and actuall make Coentrao into a WC partner for Sahin (if Sahin turns out well) enough to satisfy the Madrid hunger of WC everything, huge kudos to him.

ragbirjosh wrote:Also

Names to consider

Adam, Carjaval , Sarabia , Morata.

I know they are not part of the current core , but I definitely see them as a long term part of Madrid's plan's.

Carvajal will hopefully replace Arbeloa, Morata is already 3rd striker and eventually will move up, Sarabia we must see how he does at Getafe. He has a place in Madrid for him. Adan, on the other hand, I dont think so. He is a good player though, he can go to a big club and succeed. I think more Pacheco can succeed Iker in the future.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Adan :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 pm

what do you guys make of this article?

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com/2011/10/back-to-binary-code/
makes it sound like the madrid way is not good in the long run, and like it might be hard to break buses, left me a negative impression///
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:07 pm

We've played five games in a row where we have only had three days rest. It's natural to be a bit tired. The games will start to ease off towards Christmas ad we should wrap up our group tomorrow.

No big IMO.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:14 am

CR7 is still 26 with his work ethic I think he has more than 2 years in him.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:19 am

Magricos wrote: CR7 is still 26 with his work ethic I think he has more than 2 years in him.

I think it will be more an issue of other players demanding more attention and catching up to him in terms of production... CR7 needs to be the superstar and focal point always. i don't think he will take kindly to having his role eroded at all. I mean, he doesn't even let Mou give him a minute's rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:57 am

I dont see why CR will actually be forced to leave the lineup, being the focal point is another matter. Neymar will almost certainly displace Di Maria if he comes, so who is there to replace Cristiano? Benzema? IMO he has a long run until someone like Jese or Sarabia eventually becomes better.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2