Great Leader Sprucenuce
Super_Floren
Lex
FennecFox7
Vibe
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal is one left winger away from greatness Empty Arsenal is one left winger away from greatness

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:07 pm

If anyone can cope with the loss of stars it's Wenger...If you look at it their squad is pretty solid actually.Szczesny is looking good on goal,Vermaelen is back and looking solid,Gibbs is a talented fullback and I think he can step up for Clichy.Song and Wilshere will make a even stronger duo with another year of experience behind them,and the key piece of the puzzle...Rosicky.One of my favorite players back in Dortmund,I feel he can step up to the trequartista role.Wasted on the wings too much recently,this is now make it or break it.Arshavin unfortunately looks lost,and I'm not sure Gervinho is the right left winger for Arsenal.Although he just might be the man,I'm not too familiar with him...One of Mata or Hazard would be great to give him competition.Walcott to stay fit hopefully...

Szczesny
Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Song - Wilshere
Walcott - Rosicky - Gervinho
Van Persie

Any Chelsea fans wanna take bets Arsenal will finish above them this year?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Arsenal is one left winger away from greatness Empty Re: Arsenal is one left winger away from greatness

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:18 pm

the defense was boss today affraid
Imagine if they win something without nasri and fab Very Happy

Last edited by Giggity5313 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Arsenal is one left winger away from greatness Empty Re: Arsenal is one left winger away from greatness

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Gibbs is sill a titanic liability
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Super_Floren Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Wilshere is better than quitter Fabregas, too bad Nasri is leaving...Hes the best Arsenal player IMO.
Super_Floren
Super_Floren
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Still dunno if nasri will leave TBH
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Defence was boss against a non-existent attack.... congratulations.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:21 pm

We need much more than a left winger to be "great".

A centre back to replace Squillaci, a left back in the likely event Gibbs will be injured, a creative midfielder once Fabregas goes, a winger for when Nasri sods off and a striker to back up van Persie because Chamakh is, well, Chamakh.

Even then, we would have a way to go.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:23 pm

i still have faith in chamakh lol, he ripped algeria a new one
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Arsenal needs depth coz of constant injuries
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:35 pm

A winger, yes. Not just because we need one, but because Nasri might be leaving. Obviously a playmaker, since you can't expect Rosicky to always perform and to be fit, plus we have no depth in this area.

A frakking LB, most of all! Any of our back 3 of Djourou, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Sagna are solid. It's left back that we have a glaring weakness in injury prone, inexperienced Gibbs and crappy Traore. If our defense is to finally be solid, we need an LB.

Which is like the last buy Wenger would think of right now.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:42 pm

I think Arsenal is a little short.

How many of these players would start in the other big 4 teams? Some of them but not the majority.

Wenger is a great tactician so he can get with it and rivalize by making the most of his team but Arsenal would really benefit of two big signing. They should have signed Benzema by exemple. He would have done a lethal combinaison with RVP and would have played alone when the dutch will start being injured.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Lol think LW is pretty low on the priority list.

LB is the main one.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:50 pm

they need someone to cut and finish from what i saw today.They play way too much on the sides of the box and are quite dependent on van persie to score.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:55 pm

I watched the first 25 minutes .. and I thought Arshavin looked good didnt he !?
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:57 pm

A decent Prem standard poacher would get bags of goals
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:45 pm

We need an attacking midfielder to replace cesc. That is the most important. Then we need to get rid of squillaci and either bring in a defender or promote bartley or miguel.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:51 pm

a good mentality is their step away from greatness. fck the lw :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:09 pm

If we do go for a rebuild, this time lets start from the back please. Last time we built an amazing attack and look where that lead. This time lets create a dominant defence and then work up. But if we arent, lets go for an attacking midfielder to replace cesc.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:30 pm

VibeTribe wrote:If anyone can cope with the loss of stars it's Wenger...If you look at it their squad is pretty solid actually.Szczesny is looking good on goal,Vermaelen is back and looking solid,Gibbs is a talented fullback and I think he can step up for Clichy.Song and Wilshere will make a even stronger duo with another year of experience behind them,and the key piece of the puzzle...Rosicky.One of my favorite players back in Dortmund,I feel he can step up to the trequartista role.Wasted on the wings too much recently,this is now make it or break it.Arshavin unfortunately looks lost,and I'm not sure Gervinho is the right left winger for Arsenal.Although he just might be the man,I'm not too familiar with him...One of Mata or Hazard would be great to give him competition.Walcott to stay fit hopefully...

Szczesny
Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Song - Wilshere
Walcott - Rosicky - Gervinho
Van Persie

Look who's trolling? I will take that bet thank you,

cech
ivanovic JT Luiz Cole
Ramires McEachran/mikel
lampard
sturridge drogba
torres

this looks a lot deadlier than your line-up FYI
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Super_Floren wrote:Wilshere is better than quitter Fabregas, too bad Nasri is leaving...Hes the best Arsenal player IMO.

What the crap? You think Nasri is a bigger loss to Arsenal than Cesc? You think Wilshire is better than Cec?

GTFO
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:24 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Any Chelsea fans wanna take bets Arsenal will finish above them this year?

Since Roman the only season aresnal have finished above Chelsea was the invincables season and it seems highly unlikely tthat you'll do an invincables this season, especially when cesc and nasri leave
so yep, im willing to take you up on that bet
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:51 am

I think we have a chance of even winning the EPL. Last season our glaring fault was that we conceded from set pieces one too many times. This season, including pre-season, we haven't conceded a single goal from a set-piece. I know it's still early but it's definetely a good sign. Plus our attack will become much better in a few games once our chemistry is good.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:28 am

VibeTribe wrote:

A signature bet for a whole season.

Man enough to take it?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:34 am

You're on.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:37 am

Done. The person who wins chooses the other guy's signature for next season.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next