- Varane 18
- Ramos 25
- Di Maria 23
- Ozil 23
- Khedira 24
- Sahin 23
- Benz 23
- Higuain 23
(I didn't include Callejon and Granero because they're not really part of the core right now)

Most are 23 lol. You only have Casillas, Alonso, CR7, Pepe, Arbeloa and Carvalho that are older, with Carvalho being the only one at 30 or more.

We're a very, very young team that already has a lot of experience despite its age. Casillas can play until he's 40. CR7, Pepe and Arbeloa have 2-4 peak years left in them. The only guys that may slow down in the next year or two are Carvalho definitely and maybe Alonso.

I hope... no, i pray... that Perez, Zidane and Mou stick with these players. I understand Madrid always wants the next greatest thing. But if we stick with this group, we will win many trophies. Mou is actually rotating players so many of them are happy, as opposed to playing the starting 11 80% of the time.

We need a replacement for Kaka (Neymar) and Arbeloa (heard Varane is training as a RB as much as CB).

For the first time in years, we're settled as a team. Hope it lasts.

Back to top Go down

Potential for greatness Empty Re: Potential for greatness

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm

completely agree.

can you imagine what this team will look like in 3-5 years if we keep the same players?

off topic: hazard in the media again saying he wants a bigger club, and will not go to another french side.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Coentrao can easily reach ashley cole at peak or suprass it given his age.

Marcelo imo can become one of the best left back ever.Already One of the Most technical full back i ever seen.

Sahin can become world class,dont know his limits though.

Di maria will make a world class winger one day.

Ozil will make a world class AM soon if he is not already,though i feels his potential is limited.

Ramos at CB :bow:

Khedira is very good but if there is another redondo available at market his place will be in danger.

Benz and higgy banana

varane Clubber

One of the Most complete squad imo

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 pm

"another Redondo"

Nope.jpg
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Do you guys think its possible for us to go through a transfer window without making a single purchase.

For one id like to see lass out but nobody as a replacement meaning more time for our backup players where possible.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:09 pm

I know some people will disagree with me... but if Sahin is the heir to Alonso, i would really like M'Villa at Madrid. Rennes is right about to sell him because their team has peaked and they need the money. He'll allow for Alonso/Sahin/Khedira (whoever he plays next to), to move closer to the attack as he can handle the defensive midfield duties sideline to sideline. You no longer would need Alonso to stay behind because Lass is retarded or Khedira doesn't have the full range... probably won't happen though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:I know some people will disagree with me... but if Sahin is the heir to Alonso, i would really like M'Villa at Madrid. Rennes is right about to sell him because their team has peaked and they need the money. He'll allow for Alonso/Sahin/Khedira (whoever he plays next to), to move closer to the attack as he can handle the defensive midfield duties sideline to sideline. You no longer would need Alonso to stay behind because Lass is retarded or Khedira doesn't have the full range... probably won't happen though.

definitely wouldnt mind m'villa. Love his genius. Do you think he would settle for the same role that lass had though? considering age and potential....He would have stiff competition with khedira.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm

ozil's potential limited?

explain yourself adit.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm

I have seen only little of Mvilla in Euorpa league,is he technically better than khedira?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Ozil will win a Ballon D'Or.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:20 pm

Considering ozils age and what he has already achieved. I really believe that he can surpass iniesta.

BUT first he needs to develop some shooting prowess and try gain a little more confidence on that right foot. the same thing is the problem with di maria. if he could add a right foot to his genius then we would be alot less predictable when making those vertical dribbles. its like all the playeers know hes a left footer and so always aim at his left foot when tackling him..

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:22 pm

The Madrid One wrote:ozil's potential limited?

explain yourself adit.
I think he is World class or close to it but i seriously doubt he has all the potential to become a crack player every one is expecting him to be.His strongest points are his close control,intelligence and distributive play.He rarely takes on defenders throw center,shooting is average and his throw balls are very good but not great,he has to work on these area's alot and im not expecting a massive improvement.

He will be world class ,no doubt but i dont think he can take it to next level.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:50 pm

I understand Adit abit, I feel the same.

Also, Ramos = The Next Maldini :bow:

And Marcelo will become a great. I've said it before. I've high hopes for him, if he continues like this he will atleast go down as a Madrid great but I think he can achieve higher
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:51 pm

ÖMARz wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I know some people will disagree with me... but if Sahin is the heir to Alonso, i would really like M'Villa at Madrid. Rennes is right about to sell him because their team has peaked and they need the money. He'll allow for Alonso/Sahin/Khedira (whoever he plays next to), to move closer to the attack as he can handle the defensive midfield duties sideline to sideline. You no longer would need Alonso to stay behind because Lass is retarded or Khedira doesn't have the full range... probably won't happen though.

definitely wouldnt mind m'villa. Love his genius. Do you think he would settle for the same role that lass had though? considering age and potential....He would have stiff competition with khedira.

He'd do it because he sees how Mou is rotating right now. It won't happen until Lass is moved though...

As far as M'Villa with Rennes, it's a bit misleading because he plays every min of every game and is asked to do everything. The other teams just focus on shutting him out and taking their chances with the other players... he does great defensively, is clean when he passes forward. If he had good people next to him in the midifield, i get the feeling he'd take it to another level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Marcelo will be a great after 2014 :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Ganso wrote:Marcelo will be the greatest after 2014 :coffee:

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Marcelo is great right now :coffee:

Anyway, this team needs more quality Spanish players IMO. It used to be that in a squad of 18, 13 were from Spain.

Don't tell me there aren't any quality Spanish players laying around, Spain has been winning more youth tournaments than Messi can count lately so there should be some adequate players available.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Adit wrote:I have seen only little of Mvilla in Euorpa league,is he technically better than khedira?

No, not really, he is decent, but dont look for him to hold on to the ball.

He is a great young player, the defending and passing is guaranteed with him, but since it's the midfield, i personally think we should strive to scout for the most rounded player available. That means someone that can balances attack and defense, and have a high enough technical level as well.

The more complete the midfielders, the better. We all know how ridiculous pairing a guy like Schweinsteiger or Toure to Sahin could be, that's what i mean.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Javi Martinez?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Tbh if we do one day decide to replace Khedira I wouldn't mind Javi Martinez.

We actually have a great young squad with great players coming through as well. Carvajal/Sarabia/Morata.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:32 pm

mtfootball wrote:Javi Martinez?

He is Spanish as well.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:08 pm

The thing is, there's no room for a Toure or Piggy to express themselves given the lineup in front of Sahin/Alonso, CR7, Ozil/Kaka, Di Maria and Benz when he plays. Yaya plays the Alonso/Sahin role for Man City and Bayern play a pure winger + pure 9 setup.

All we need is a player that will sweep the defensive zone in front of the back 4 and get the ball forward in good condition... and occasionally participate as a link in the midfield attacking area if needed = M'Villa

There's just not enough real estate to have everyone go forward and, again, Alonso (and soon Sahin) is forced to stay back because of Lass' retardedness and Khedira lacking speed/range on defense (in comparison to M'Villa who covers sideline to sideline).

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Having a player that sweep the zone would be nice, but i would still try to go the step further and look for the most complete CM/DM around.

Busquets might a c*nt, but a player like that would offer great pairing in the midfield. he is very comfortable on the ball, can pass very well, has good vision, and tactically smart.

All M'vila lacks is that bit of technique, and he would be just amazing. Toure does for City what they ask from him, with Barca he had a different roles; same with Piggy with Germany and Bayern, is role changes slightly. It wouldnt be any different here. It actually allows any of your midfielder to make a run forward, play a dangerous forward and etc, you just increase the danger.

Javi Martinez does have that profile, but i'm not following him lately do i dont know where he is at.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:02 pm

I agree with the original post from Sportsczy. I do have a few comments re replacements.

Arbeloa - I expect next year to have Ramos mostly at CB, probably Varane and Carvalho and maybe Albiol as subs. In that case we need to get another RB. It would be wise if they can wait a year but several in this forum speak of Carvajal being the eventual replacement. If varane can play at RB as well that would be fantastic.

Midfield - I think Xabi still has 3 more good years in him, but I am concerned about our mid-field despite the numbers there. Hopefully when Sahin is healthly we have 3 good midfielders (Khedira, Alonso and Sahin). We need a fourth!!! Coentrao, Altintop and perhaps even Lass are OK as a 5th or 6th midfielders since they add something different when they are subbed in. So my conclusion is that we need another midfielder for next year and then another when Xabi winds down.

Javi Martinez has been mentioned. Nick he is doing great both at Bilbao, The NT and with the Under 23 (Olympic team). He not only is competently playing a deep MF, with good first touch (much like Busquets although I think by end of next year even better), he also has played some CB both with NT and Bilbao as an emergency fill-in. He is a leader like Xabi. However, the price tag on him is very high and as a double negative Bilbao don't like to sell their star Basque players.

Up front, assuming Neymar is coming, the only other new player need for the foreseable future is a back-up for Ozil (my preference is Canales but that is at least a year away.)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Javi Martinez would be ideal actually. Carvajal is going to be too green to count on next year... Mou should try Varane at RB in the CDR and upcoming meaningless CL games. If it works, great. If not, we need a backup right fullback. Why don't they try Coentrao there too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next