Sushi Master
huntsman
Art Morte
Bear
Lord Hades
kiranr
11 posters

Go down

Is it me or is AVB nothing like Mourinho Empty Is it me or is AVB nothing like Mourinho

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:50 pm

So much about AVB being Mou MKII, but they are so different in style, etc.

The only thing they have in common is blaming someone when they lose.

Just saw this stat:

Goals conceded by Chelsea in Jose Mourinho's first season: 15. Goals conceded by Chelsea 10 games into this season: 15.

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Is it me or is AVB nothing like Mourinho Empty Re: Is it me or is AVB nothing like Mourinho

Post by kiranr Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:51 pm

That just means AVB is going to have clean sheets for remainder of the season. :coffee:

Seriously though, AVB is nothing like Mourinho. AVB likes to play attractive football always. Style comes first for him. He said so himself.

Last edited by kiranr on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Is it me or is AVB nothing like Mourinho Empty Re: Is it me or is AVB nothing like Mourinho

Post by Lord Hades Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:52 pm

only one special one
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:52 pm

the comparisons are just lazy, the difference between Mou and AVB is like the difference between black and white.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:54 pm

I dont get where that myth "AVB is like Mourinho" has come from.

Or, well, I do: both Portuguese, both coaching some same clubs and both gaining success when young for managers. But that's where the clear similarities end.

Here's what AVB said earlier today:
"It (our attacking style) comes by the freeing of talent. We decided to free the players in their decision-making and that has given us more fluency."

Doesn't sound like Mourinho to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:55 pm

They're nothing alike.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Portuguese, both coached Porto to important titles, both debuted very young.

That's it.

Tactically, they're very, very different.

He wants Chelsea to be the new Arsenal.

Not happening anytime soon :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Portuguese, both coached Porto to important titles, both debuted very young.

Pretty much. They both won their UEFA cup on first season, but unlike Mourinho, he didn't feel like trying to win the CL Sad

But their coaching styles are just different.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:06 pm

The question is; is AVB better than Ancelloti? I dont think he added anything new to chelsea so far. Just saying.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Well you know he is the *shitty one*. And the other guy is *the special one*.

Jus sayin.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:09 pm

I think he will be sacked this season or the next.

Seriously with the emergence of City as a new power in the PL, and Manuited who are regular contenders, and Arsenal and Liverpool improving, i think chelsea will find it hard but to challenge for a third spot.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Chelsea are definitely more fluid than before. Terry is in shit form so the defense looks horrible.

IMO, he needs to be benched for Luiz. Meireles also needs to start.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:11 pm

This goes to show all the noobs like kiranr why Mourinho is a special one. He's one of his kind. no one can replicate his accomplishments.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Chelsea are definitely more fluid than before. Terry is in shit form so the defense looks horrible.

IMO, he needs to be benched for Luiz. Meireles also needs to start.

Doesnt matter sushi, they improve one step, the other contenders improve 2 or three.

Chelsea cant compete with City and united this season. Theyre just not good enough.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Well, keep in mind they've gone from Ancelotti's rigid old man system to implementing a hell lot of youth and new talent, along with a new system.

That will take a lot of time to fully adjust, but they'll get there eventually.

This season will be too soon for that though, I agree.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:19 pm

So he truly is the shit one

People thought he was joking
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Why anyone would believe AVB and Mou are similar is beyond me. Well I guess if you never watched Porto you may believe the crap the media throws at you.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Why anyone would believe AVB and Mou are similar is beyond me. Well I guess if you never watched Porto you may believe the crap the media throws at you.

I listened to the Media crap tbh.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Haha, well it was an easy comparison to make as they come from the same place and coached together.

I still think AVB will be really good for Chelsea but they need some more players so do Arsenal TBH because the defense today from both teams was just awful.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:50 pm

They have some comparison but styles in coaching and the football they play is much different.

AVB is a boss who plays lovely attractive football.

Mourinho tries to play lovely attractive football sometimes, realizes that he sucks at it, then goes back to 10 men behind the ball and counter attack methods. Unless he's playing a relegation team or something.

I'm not saying either one is worse, just saying that personally AVB is a boss in human form. Whereas Mourinho is not.

AVB ftw

EDIT: Disclaimer for all who think im being a 100% serious...i'm not. I'm partly serious though Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down