Di Natale: 'Why I turned down Juve'

3 posters

Go down

Di Natale: 'Why I turned down Juve'  Empty Di Natale: 'Why I turned down Juve'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Antonio Di Natale returns for Udinese-Palermo on Sunday and reveals why he turned down Juventus. “I made a promise.”
The Capocannoniere and Ballon d’Or candidate was left behind for Wednesday night’s 2-0 defeat to Napoli, but has recovered for tomorrow’s match.

“Everyone wants to win, but it is already an honour for me to have become the player with the most goals in Udinese’s history, to have played in the Champions League with this jersey and found a way into the Italy squad,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Toto’ turned down an offer to join Juventus over the summer and was also linked with other top clubs.

“I had sworn to President Giampaolo Pozzo that I would end my career at Udinese and my word is worth more than any signature on a contract.

“Besides, I didn’t go to my hometown club Napoli, so how could I change my mind to join Juve? Many years ago there were some talks when Pierpaolo Marino was the director general, then nothing ever came of it. Aurelio De Laurentiis? He never called me.”

Udinese squad: Handanovic, Padelli, Romo; Armero, Basta, Benatia, Danilo, Domizzi, Ekstrand, Neuton, Pereyra; Abdi, Asamoah, Badu, Doubai, Isla, Pinzi; Di Natale, Fabbrini, Floro Flores, Torje
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Di Natale: 'Why I turned down Juve'  Empty Re: Di Natale: 'Why I turned down Juve'

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Waste of a talent in Udinese. Nothing against them but without Di Natale they're pretty poor.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Di Natale: 'Why I turned down Juve'  Empty Re: Di Natale: 'Why I turned down Juve'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:16 pm

We must pay him respect he is the only captain except ADP that left his career in Udine
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:23 pm

I have massive respect for his loyalty, it's a rarity nowadays. But, as a football fan I wanted to see him in the champions league with a strong team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Very Loyal!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down