Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

+7
che
Thimmy
LeSwagg James
RobbyV
dmize
Deathrow898
BiasedMilanFan3
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:40 am

I'm not entirely sure about this game yet

I've played about 5/6 hours total. And from i've seen so far

-Graphics are godly :bow:
-Audio is godly :bow:
-Weapon handling is so much different to Bad Company 2, imo best weapon handling in you can get in a FPS
-Lagging? not sure if its my internet connection but there are so many instances where i'm running and then slow down or I go back a meter
-No 3 second spawn invincibility is pissing me off. They need to patch that.
-What is the point of vehicle disabling? I'm pretty sure a rocket launcher to a helicopter wouldn't "disable" it, why dont they just blow the f**k up straight away

Good game, but as far as i'm concerned
Bad Company 2 >>> Battlefield 3
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:19 am

And i'm not sure what is destructible so far. Bad Company 2 had whole towns and streets that could crumble and in BF3, there's too much natural environment (i.e. Kharg Island).

Also, single player campaign is cheesy but action packed Thumbs up
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Deathrow898 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 am

Im about to get this game today Ill let you know what I think in a few....

Unfortunaly my gaming laptop even though its only a year and a half is outdated and I cannot play bf3 on Sad so I will be getting it on ps3 cheers

PS what do system do you have the game on?
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 34

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Xbox 360
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by dmize Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:35 pm

I just "acquired" it and finished installing. Can't wait to play, from what I've heard it's sick.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:23 pm

dmize wrote:I just "acquired" it and finished installing. Can't wait to play, from what I've heard it's sick.

It's really good, 9/10 game imo
But it needs some patches
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by dmize Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:32 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
dmize wrote:I just "acquired" it and finished installing. Can't wait to play, from what I've heard it's sick.

It's really good, 9/10 game imo
But it needs some patches

I've only played the first couple of levels, but so far it's amazing. Great graphics, interesting story so far, lots of action right from the start, and the FrostBite2 engine is amazing. :bow:

Edit: I've never played Bad Company so not sure how it compares but I really like it.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by RobbyV Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 pm

The Multiplayer is EXCELLENT.

The art of squad based online combat.
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo
Posts : 771
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:46 pm

LOVE the multiplayer.. Wish I could play it a lot more

This game takes the cake for me over MW.. My type of game

Sucks without a headset tho lol.. Looking to get the Turtle Beach PX21
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:LOVE the multiplayer.. Wish I could play it a lot more

This game takes the cake for me over MW.. My type of game

Sucks without a headset tho lol.. Looking to get the Turtle Beach PX21

I'm getting MW3 & BF3..

MW3 - I've been playing it since CoD2 & buy it every year, because I love CoD.

BF3 - Just to try something new. Campaign looks fun, Multiplayer looks like I'll be bored/frustrated after a few hours of playing it. Basically when it comes down to MW3 vs. BF3, it's just´╗┐ a personal decision. There both amazing games, no need to argue which one is better. Buy the one that suits you best or buy both. Nuff Said..
xRatherBeMex 3 hours ago

You'll never know, unless you've tried both Wink MW3 isn't even out, yet. I played Battlefield 3 at a friend's place the other day, and I'm still sticking to the opinion that, while it's a great game in many ways, it's too slow-paced for me.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12957
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:28 am

Thimmy wrote:You'll never know, unless you've tried both Wink MW3 isn't even out, yet. I played Battlefield 3 at a friend's place the other day, and I'm still sticking to the opinion that, while it's a great game in many ways, it's too slow-paced for me.

Yeah its depends on preference.. I like to sit back and relax and take a strategic approach more so than just running and gunning now.. I used to love that back in the day, my favorite all time multiplayer shooter was Goldeneye for the N64..

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
Thimmy wrote:You'll never know, unless you've tried both Wink MW3 isn't even out, yet. I played Battlefield 3 at a friend's place the other day, and I'm still sticking to the opinion that, while it's a great game in many ways, it's too slow-paced for me.

Yeah its depends on preference.. I like to sit back and relax and take a strategic approach more so than just running and gunning now.. I used to love that back in the day, my favorite all time multiplayer shooter was Goldeneye for the N64..


Goldeneye is a classic. I really love that game. The last time I played it was a few years ago, towards the end of a party my friend was throwing. Most of the people had left, and the ones who remained were all drunk, so we decided to hook up the old N64 and play teams of 2 vs 2. The bugs in the game made it even more hilarious to play - I got stuck vertically, on the last map, on the side of one of those large bridges Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12957
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Deathrow898 Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:10 pm

From what I played so far its a pretty good game. The visuals alone are absolutely stunning. I love the slower paced game play but thats just because ive been with the series for so long.

Its not a bad game at all IMO of course but it does need a few tweaks here and there to make it one of the best shooters out.

Ive also been playing call of duty since the very first one so I can see where people are talking about faster game play. Which is why you cannot really compare the 2 games because the pace of each game is different in each game.

anyway so far im having a great time playing the game and from what i have heard its alot better to play with a group of squad mates you know it opens the game up alot more.
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 34

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 am

Deathrow898 wrote:From what I played so far its a pretty good game. The visuals alone are absolutely stunning. I love the slower paced game play but thats just because ive been with the series for so long.

Its not a bad game at all IMO of course but it does need a few tweaks here and there to make it one of the best shooters out.

Ive also been playing call of duty since the very first one so I can see where people are talking about faster game play. Which is why you cannot really compare the 2 games because the pace of each game is different in each game.

anyway so far im having a great time playing the game and from what i have heard its alot better to play with a group of squad mates you know it opens the game up alot more.

They need to fix the running/lag issue. That just infuriates me.
There needs to be 3 second spawn invincibility like in BC2 and the beta. My K/D would be so much better if it weren't for spawning on a squadmate and getting gunned down with him
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by che Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:55 am

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

bought the game, installed, installed ea origin, played for two amazing hours, realized my computer is running slower than singleplayer, found out ea origin is scanning literally everything you do with your computer, uninstalled game, uninstalled ea origin, returned for full refund

*bleep* you ea, *bleep* you very very much... possibly the best shooter ever ruined by their desire to spy on people... never buying a ea game ever again
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:05 am

consoles Thumbs up
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 am

che wrote: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

bought the game, installed, installed ea origin, played for two amazing hours, realized my computer is running slower than singleplayer, found out ea origin is scanning literally everything you do with your computer, uninstalled game, uninstalled ea origin, returned for full refund

*bleep* you ea, *bleep* you very very much... possibly the best shooter ever ruined by their desire to spy on people... never buying a ea game ever again



Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12957
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by che Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:20 pm

don't know what you're laughing at... console peasants and non paranoid pc gamers can still enjoy the game, as the gameplay itself is amazing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:40 pm

che wrote:don't know what you're laughing at... console peasants and non paranoid pc gamers can still enjoy the game, as the gameplay itself is amazing

Chillout, dude. Wasn't taking a jab at you or anything. No need to be so serious Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12957
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Pedram Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:45 pm

The game has only one intention, making a bad picture of iranian. :facepalm:

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6964
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by che Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Chillout, dude. Wasn't taking a jab at you or anything. No need to be so serious Smile

i thought that "console peasants" and calling myself paranoid would get across the message that i wasn't being completely serious...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm just kidding about the consoles thing

Great game also, if you don't want EA checking out your computer then thats fine
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:17 pm

che wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Chillout, dude. Wasn't taking a jab at you or anything. No need to be so serious Smile

i thought that "console peasants" and calling myself paranoid would get across the message that i wasn't being completely serious...

"I don't know what you're laughing about" gave me the impression that you were slightly offended, but if you're not, then nevermind Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12957
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:40 pm

El Pipita wrote:The game has only one intention, making a bad picture of iranian. :facepalm:


And Russians

According to the Battlefield and CoD series, they sound like right assholes
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:02 am

che wrote: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

bought the game, installed, installed ea origin, played for two amazing hours, realized my computer is running slower than singleplayer, found out ea origin is scanning literally everything you do with your computer, uninstalled game, uninstalled ea origin, returned for full refund

*bleep* you ea, *bleep* you very very much... possibly the best shooter ever ruined by their desire to spy on people... never buying a ea game ever again

Wtf?? Why would they monitor what you do?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: Thoughts? Empty Re: Battlefield 3: Thoughts?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum