TheRedStag
BarrileteCosmico
shinigami99
McLewis
Pedram
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Franz Beckenbauer: Barcelona are their own worst enemies Empty Franz Beckenbauer: Barcelona are their own worst enemies

Post by Pedram Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:21

"The great rival of Barcelona is Barcelona themselves. Why? Quite simply, the fans never have enough now that Barca have won so many things and have played so well; they will not settle for less," he told Mundo Deportivo.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Franz Beckenbauer: Barcelona are their own worst enemies Empty Re: Franz Beckenbauer: Barcelona are their own worst enemies

Post by McLewis Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:23

Not sure what point you're trying to make with that quote.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Franz Beckenbauer: Barcelona are their own worst enemies Empty Re: Franz Beckenbauer: Barcelona are their own worst enemies

Post by shinigami99 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:24

McLewis wrote:Not sure what point you're trying to make with that quote.
This.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:24

True that, we don't lose against other teams, we lose against ourselves Afro
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:29

You "forgot" the rest of the quote.

"This team is the best I've seen in my life, they are the reason Spain won the European Championships in 2008, and the World Cup [in 2010].

"Lionel Messi is by far the best player in the world, the most decisive player for what he brings to the team and what he does individually," he concluded.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:31

High praise, indeed.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:35

Why didn't he say anything about Pique being his heir? :coffee:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:36

shinigami99 wrote:
McLewis wrote:Not sure what point you're trying to make with that quote.
This.
This x2
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:41

I didn't try to make anything with that quote. simple Very Happy
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:42

kiranr wrote:Why didn't he say anything about Pique being his heir? :coffee:

Because the comparison is laughable.

Yet the Kaiser has spoken. Barca are great now.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:44

El Pipita wrote:I didn't try to make anything with that quote. simple Very Happy

Hmm.

So you're making a thread to stir up another Barca/Madrid trollfest by taking der Kaiser's quote out of context.

Thanks for the admission at least.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:49

McLewis wrote:
El Pipita wrote:I didn't try to make anything with that quote. simple Very Happy

Hmm.

So you're making a thread to stir up another Barca/Madrid trollfest by taking der Kaiser's quote out of context.

How i'm trying to start a trollfest with quoting Beckenbauer praising Barcelona ? scratch
An smart fan would read the whole quote before starting the trolling.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:58

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:You "forgot" the rest of the quote.

"This team is the best I've seen in my life, they are the reason Spain won the European Championships in 2008, and the World Cup [in 2010].

"Lionel Messi is by far the best player in the world, the most decisive player for what he brings to the team and what he does individually," he concluded.

If he did say those words thats high praise.As good as it gets.
The Kaiser has played against and seen some of the greatest teams ever.So for him to consider this Barca team the greatest ever truly means something special.
Brazil 70,Holland 74,Ajax in the 70's.
So now Kaiser too is added to the long list.
The list contains names such as Di Stefano,Pele,Ferguson,Wenger,Sacchi,Lippi,Capello etc.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:04

Well obviously he can't say the truth, which is that his team was the greatest of all time. 70's Bayern and Germany were the shit. But that would sound immodest, so he has to praise Barca :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:11

VivaStPauli wrote:Well obviously he can't say the truth, which is that his team was the greatest of all time. 70's Bayern and Germany were the shit. But that would sound immodest, so he has to praise Barca :p

Ofcourse he meant besides Bayern 70's and West Germany 74.
Still its high praise coming from a legend of the game and makes me proud as a Barca fan.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:17

This guy also played in the legendary Ajax days and put Cryuff to sleep.

So it's like Einstein praising you on your physics thesis.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:20

Sushi Master wrote:This guy also played in the legendary Ajax days and put Cryuff to sleep.

Strange all I remember is Cruyff's Ajax beating Kaiser's Bayern.
Bayern started dominating after Cruyff moved to Barca,not before.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:23

El Pipita wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Hmm.

How i'm trying to start a trollfest with quoting Beckenbauer praising Barcelona ? scratch
An smart fan would read the whole quote before starting the trolling.

Or you could've just posted the whole quote and we wouldn't be having this conversation. The way you made your OP look was to take his quote out of context to paint Barca fans as a group that hungrily wants more and more out of the team when we all know that's not really the case. Many Barca fans have been quite content with what this team has done and how it's done it.

Bottom-line: My opinion is that this thread will lead to more trolling. Maybe it will and maybe it won't. If it does, please believe that it will get the lock quicker than you can say "Cule".

Peace.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:27

alexjanosik wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:This guy also played in the legendary Ajax days and put Cryuff to sleep.

I meant in the 1974 World Cup Final.

And yeah, he went up against Ajax and lost a few times which is what I meant. World Cup champion, President of Bayern for many years, also successful as a manager winning the WC and a few other titles, living legend...

You know, it's a bit different from randomfootballpunditgoal.comlol giving out opinions, so I understand the point of the thread (even though the original quote was missing).

Pretty much, Barcelona are a 1 in an era team and what we're seeing is not "boo-hoo, football is declining, it was much better in the neinties!". They really are that good.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:40

what is the by-product of the mating of immaculate mole and a cule?

the answer is: an immaculate molecule
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:41

Sushi Master wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

I meant in the 1974 World Cup Final.

And yeah, he went up against Ajax and lost a few times which is what I meant. World Cup champion, President of Bayern for many years, also successful as a manager winning the WC and a few other titles, living legend...

You know, it's a bit different from randomfootballpunditgoal.comlol giving out opinions, so I understand the point of the thread (even though the original quote was missing).

Pretty much, Barcelona are a 1 in an era team and what we're seeing is not "boo-hoo, football is declining, it was much better in the neinties!". They really are that good.

Ok.Got confused.Thanks for clarifying.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:58

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:"This team is the best I've seen in my life, they are the reason Spain won the European Championships in 2008, and the World Cup [in 2010].

We all know Spain won the EC-2008 and WC-2010, thanks to Iker.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 20:04

is this a new huntsman??? *shocked*
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 26 Oct 2011, 20:08

halamadrid2 wrote:is this a new huntsman??? *shocked*

Or else he is being totally sarcastic.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed 26 Oct 2011, 20:09

the man says obvious
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next