Conte keeps Genoa guessing

+2
JuvenelCuore
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Conte keeps Genoa guessing  Empty Conte keeps Genoa guessing

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Antonio Conte was giving little away with regards to his team plans ahead of Juventus-Genoa on Saturday night.

At this stage it’s unclear whether the Bianconeri tactician will field a 4-4-2 system or continue with the 4-1-4-1 formation.

There are also fitness doubts over goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, who could be replaced by Marco Storari, and Arturo Vidal.

“I’ve always said that it’s not the systems that count, but the attitude and the determination of the players,” Conte noted on Friday.

“This year I’ve got midfielders available who enable me to adopt two different styles of play and this is important as we remain unpredictable.

“The injuries? Buffon picked up a bruise to his collarbone and thankfully there’s no lasting damage,” the Coach explained.

“The same discussion applies to Vidal, but we have three games in a short space of time and it would be daft to take risks.

“Therefore, I will closely assess the situation with them before making decisions.”

There are also suggestions that Marcelo Estigarribia could be handed a start given the mixed form of Milos Krasic on the wing.

“Both Estigarribia and Eljero Elia are integrating further into our system,” the summer arrival from Siena added.

“The Dutchman had an opportunity against Catania and will have others, either tomorrow against Genoa or in the upcoming games.

“As far as Estigaribbia’s concerned, I still haven’t decided whether I’ll start him from the beginning, but he has all the attributes to do well.

“Genoa are a technically strong outfit, who have started their championship campaign well. They’ll be very alert and this should give us pride, as it means that the other teams have begun to respect us.”

There was also the inevitable question about Alessandro Del Piero after President Andrea Agnelli confirmed that it would be the player’s last season with the outfit.

“Alessandro is fine, he’s trained as hard as ever,” he said. “I’ve spoken to him and I’ve reiterated that I’ll always judge things from a coaching point of view.

“The amount of playing time I give him will depend exclusively on his condition and how much he can give us.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte keeps Genoa guessing  Empty Re: Conte keeps Genoa guessing

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Pepe x Giaccherini duo > Elia x Estigarribia duo. :coffee:

Estigarribia can go back to wherever he is from, and Elia is a good guy to put on late in the game so he can burst and attack at goal.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Stupid comment :facepalm:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:25 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Stupid comment :facepalm:

Warning bar to 75% please. Personal insult.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:31 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Who do you think you are? That tone in your post making fun of Estigarribia because he is from south america? How can you judge anyone just yet - as far as i'm concerned none of the two has had a 90'minute real match?
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:34 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

no....
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:37 pm

LWL91 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Who do you think you are? That tone in your post making fun of Estigarribia because he is from south america? How can you judge anyone just yet - as far as i'm concerned none of the two has had a 90'minute real match?

Making fun of him because he is South American ? Quite the inference, anything to back that up ? Have I ever insulted South Americans, namely when Juventus have Arturo Vidal as well ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:48 pm

LWL91 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

It's not because he is South American it's because he is not Italian. If Juve is not fielding 11 Italians the team is a failure. Any coach that does not field more then 8 Italians is a failure and does not know what they are doing.

Honestly how can we judge a player that has not even featured for our team yet. Its f***ing disgusting :facepalm: .
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Il Pinguino wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

It's not because he is South American it's because he is not Italian. If Juve is not fielding 11 Italians the team is a failure. Any coach that does not field more then 8 Italians is a failure and does not know what they are doing.

Honestly how can we judge a player that has not even featured for our team yet. Its f***ing disgusting :facepalm: .

Ahh the Juventus x Milan "fan" trying to give me insight. What a comedic show this section is turning out to be.

ItalJuve lives, whether or not you like it is up to you, and I, nor Conte or the Juventus administration will give up the notion that the more Italians, the better. Juventus seem to be doing just fine with Italians being fielded.

:coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:54 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Ahh the Juventus x Milan "fan" trying to give me insight. What a comedic show this section is turning out to be.

ItalJuve lives, whether or not you like it is up to you, and I, nor Conte or the Juventus administration will give up the notion that the more Italians, the better. Juventus seem to be doing just fine with Italians being fielded.

Yup here we go again..... Rolling Eyes
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:56 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Hmm arent you judging a bit to fast? Last year same time Juve had more points then now and i remember tougher schedule then this season so far, how did that ended?

And beside "Juventus seem to be doing just fine with Italians being fielded" last 2 seasons?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Because ItalJuve is only two years old. Lawl. It has been around since the foundation of the club, and I need not explain their success. Not to mention Gli Azzurri's.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum