+3
jn2002dk
Le Samourai
Juventude
7 posters

Go down

Platini Empty Platini

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 pm

A lot of talk on the general discussion board about Maradonna being the best ever etc.

I'm 39 and i watched both Platini and Diego... as great as Diego was, Platini was better. MP absolutely dominated Serie A for 4 years while Diego was there. Only reason Diego gets the big reputation is his WC success, which is more a reflection of the overall quality of the Argentina NT.

Remember that Argentina won the WC in 1978 and was very much on a high when Maradonna came in. Platini, on the other hand, took over a France team that was horrible on the world stage (missed all international competitions from 1966 to 1978). When France finally had enough experience and talent, Platini was already on the decline in 1986 (he retired in 1987). Getting to semis in 1982 and winning the Euro in 1986 were monumental achievements for football in France and it was all done on Platini's back. In fact, the current state of french football has a lot do with what Platini helped build in the 80s.

Defend your legends!

Back to top Go down

Platini Empty Re: Platini

Post by Juventude Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:46 pm

This is ridiculous. And, besides Platini playing for Juve during his career, why is it posted here?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:06 pm

You guys don't consider Platini a Juventus legend? lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 pm

He is a legend, but why are you looking for a Maradona vs. Platini debate in the Juve section?

And, honestly, in my opinion, he is nowhere near Maradona. I don't even put him ahead of Zidane in terms of great French footballers.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:20 pm

@Sport

You really don't wanna start a Platini/Maradona war.

That will open up the floodgates for Garrincha/Di Stefano/Zico/ to go to war against Maradona as well.

Equilibrium will be ahnialated.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:27 pm

If you really want the debate, start it up in the general discussion section. This is not the place for it.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Maradona was better, Juve or no Juve
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:51 pm

jn2002dk wrote:Maradona was better, Juve or no Juve

+999

:bow: what he said ^

Maradona did wonders for napoli and Argentina ( not counting the 'hand of god' goal)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:05 pm

One think that is not very known about Maradona, when he got injured in Barca his ankel lost 30% of its flexibility, inagine if it was 100%. lol
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:10 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

+999

Maradona did wonders for napoli and Argentina ( not counting the 'hand of god' goal)

Maradona did wonders for napoli and Argentina ( not counting the 'hand of god' goal)[/quote]

Umm.... Best goalscorer and ballon d'or in 83, 84 and 85. Maradonna was best scorer once, in 1988, and his best never equaled any of Platini's. And Platini was 1000x the field general the Maradonna was (Maradonna was a lot more flashy).

As far as NT impact, see my first post. Argentina was already a WC winner and amongst the world best when Maradonna took over. They had a very good team.

Too bad none of you guys actually saw the two play and know very little of your own club's history. I was a monstrous Juve fans in the 80s and 90s and got turned off after the match fixing incident. And as much as i love Zidane, he was not better than Platini. Not at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

+999

Umm.... Best goalscorer and ballon d'or in 83, 84 and 85. Maradonna was best scorer once, in 1988, and his best never equaled any of Platini's. And Platini was 1000x the field general the Maradonna was (Maradonna was a lot more flashy).

As far as NT impact, see my first post. Argentina was already a WC winner and amongst the world best when Maradonna took over. They had a very good team.

Too bad none of you guys actually saw the two play and know very little of your own club's history. I was a monstrous Juve fans in the 80s and 90s and got turned off after the match fixing incident. And as much as i love Zidane, he was not better than Platini. Not at all.

You don't get what I say. I love platini what he did for us was great and I respect him for that. But I don't think he was better than Maradona. Maradona was leading Napoli and taking them on this back one man team for me. Platini was born winner in a club full of winners :/ ....

If they were in same level clubs I would see it better ....

I love paltini
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:46 pm

You really should avoid coming into the Juve section and making assumptions about the Juve fans. Once again, have this debate in the general section.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Platini is better than Maradona I reckon. Maradona could not touch Platini when they were in the same league.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:18 am

Diego Maradona is the greatest footballer ever, period, end of discussion. And I am 45 so I am older than you and have been following football since the early 80's. Nobody could do what Maradona did. The only player that has a chance at surpassing Maradona in our lifetime is Lionel Messi. In 10-15 years, he may surpass him.

As for Platini, he is a Juventus legend and is in the top 15 greatest footballers ever. He is greater than Zidane in my opinion. He won the Ballon d'Or three times in a row, the only player to ever do this.

However, Platini is not better than Maradona, nor is he better than another midfield maestro, the great Johann Cruyff. In my opinion, Cruyff was the greatest midfield maestro ever, bar none. He is right behind Maradona and Pele as the greatest footballers ever. Cruyff > Platini.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:08 am

juve_gigi wrote:Diego Maradona is the greatest footballer ever, period, end of discussion. And I am 45 so I am older than you and have been following football since the early 80's. Nobody could do what Maradona did. The only player that has a chance at surpassing Maradona in our lifetime is Lionel Messi. In 10-15 years, he may surpass him.

As for Platini, he is a Juventus legend and is in the top 15 greatest footballers ever. He is greater than Zidane in my opinion. He won the Ballon d'Or three times in a row, the only player to ever do this.

However, Platini is not better than Maradona, nor is he better than another midfield maestro, the great Johann Cruyff. In my opinion, Cruyff was the greatest midfield maestro ever, bar none. He is right behind Maradona and Pele as the greatest footballers ever. Cruyff > Platini.
I was going to write a detailed response to OP but juve_gigi nailed it
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down