Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

+19
Adit
Babun
Turok_TTZ
halamadrid2
Yuri Yukuv
futbol_bill
Zealous
SuperMAG
ijomer
LeSwagg James
EarlyPrototype
The Madrid One
VanDeezNuts
S32TABLANCA
guest7
Pedram
hrealmadrid
Mr Nick09
Doc
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Vote_lcap39%Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 14 ]
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Vote_lcap50%Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 18 ]
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Vote_lcap11%Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 36

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Empty Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:14 pm

A man that symbolizes the words "F***ing inconsistent" better than most players but still manages to have a special place in most Madridistas. Guti really was a left footed genius but his brain really was in his foot for most of his career in the Spanish capital. But I know this was asked before but I think an update needs to be made: Is Guti really a Real Madrid legend?

Now, we on this forum are not the sole opinion of the Madridista. Contrary to popular, we are all think differently and have different views on most things concerning the club and I could safely say, I never considered Guti anyway close to legendary status as I do with the likes of Raul, Hierro, Casillas, Redondo, Roberto Carlos, Butragueno, etc (you guys know the names already, if not, lord help you). He was extremely inconsistent, damn well lazy and a primadonna beyond words. His moments of sheer genius never really out weighed the fact that he did not live up to the real potential God blessed him with but once again, that's my opinion, so what is yours dear Madridistas of all shapes and sizes?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Empty Re: Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I think it comes down to the definition we give to "legend" status.

If we are talking about one of the greatest player, one of the most iconic, or anything of the sort, then he sure hell is not. Not a club "Great". It's often the connotation we give to the title, and i assume that's what you mean.

However, you cant ignore that he dedicated so many years to the club, and it goes for those many history do not recall, that dedicated so much for the club without being "great". In that sense, he is a club legend, unless of course there is another designation for that kind of player.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? Empty Re: Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:30 pm

I think to those who watched him work his magic, he will be a legend. It's sad that he was so inconsistent.

Still to this day however, Guti at his peak (although it doesn't come out often) is astounding
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Depends what you call legend. we should understand that he came through our Castilla, as one of the most talented players we've ever produced. he has accepted the bench rule for many years to just stay at the club. so it shows he really loves Real Madrid.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:43 pm

too inconsistent imo, great player but just didnt want to help the club at any way, was way too lazy

a club great only, not a legend
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Not a legend. He was brilliant at times, but generally inconsistent, lazy, and created problems in the dressing room. I was happy that he was kicked out by Mou.

But despite all that, he should be remembered as one of the better products of our cantera and if you guys want to call him a 'great', I guess thats an ok description.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:55 pm

not a legend, but must be some where in the ball park.

one of few to come from madrid in recent years to actually get much playing time.

phenomenal player. terribly inconsistent. nothing new here.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:30 pm

by no means is he alegend.

no wayy, not even a great player.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Wrong time for this thread. If only you had done it a few days ago a lot of opinions will change based on what he said.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:39 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Wrong time for this thread. If only you had done it a few days ago a lot of opinions will change based on what he said.

This
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 am

The Madrid One wrote:by no means is he alegend.

+1
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:54 am

His opinion is but his opinion. I cannot fault him for expressing something that he believes in. His opinion doesn't, however, reflect his football ability when he don the glorious white of Real Madrid. I don't think it really should matter what he said during the course of the last 2 weeks....
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:06 am

Up against the many legends of the club he simply doesn't stack up I'm afraid

If he had played out the same career at Chelsea or Man City then yes I would say he would be one, but Real Madrid has a long hard line to cross into our clubs Legendary status

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:18 am

Guti seriously had killer passes, im not old enuf to remember his early career, but since 2004 on, ive seen him on occasions give magical passes!!! damn
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 am

I chose Depends.

Although I don't consider him a legend, he was to me, personally, a memorable player. Not just because of his antics, but mostly because of his magical, precision passes when he would actually be on 'his day'. Too inconsistent for legendary status IMO, but he had so many great moments, like the performances against Sevilla, that I will probably always remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 pm

he is the legend of creativity, nothing comes close to it, a brillent player to watch and for me one of my favourites, if a player can make this impact on a fan, he is definitly a legend. because the fans decide who the legends are.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:14 pm

He's a cult hero and someone the club's fans will remember fondly overall. He gave us some truly spectacular moments and played his part in some of our best seasons as a club.

Is he a legend though? I wouldn't think so, simply too inconsistent I'm a afraid.

He had loads of issues but he loves this club. He'd be an Ultra if he weren't a player.

Club legend however? No, but he'll be a player we would (and should TBH) remember well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:26 pm

I would like to say that Guti is still to date the best passer I've ever seen (my opinion)

Shame he was so inconsistent, and his antics weren't so favorable.

But I don't think someone who acts like a kid outside the football pitch can be called a legend. A memorable great IMO
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:42 pm

The Madrid One wrote:by no means is he alegend.

Guti had a lot of things wrong with him. Not being a great player was not one of them.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:49 pm

I think Zealous found the appropriate term, he was a cult hero
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:56 pm

If Guti had Raul's temperament and work ethic he could have easily been one of our best ever.

He got by on talent alone, even the so called "Galaticos" couldn't keep up with some of the things he was doing on the field of play.

Lazy Mother Fudger though Razz
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Doc, I think you pretty well summed it up. He will be remembered as a long time contributor and a decent player with some moments of greatness, but not as a Madrista great nor legend.

@setablanca, he left before Mou arrived.

Note, even if his play was more consistent, it is difficult for a Marion to be considered a legend in Spain.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Zealous wrote:If Guti had Raul's temperament and work ethic he could have easily been one of our best ever.

He got by on talent alone, even the so called "Galaticos" couldn't keep up with some of the things he was doing on the field of play.

Lazy Mother Fudger though Razz

THIS. Ive seen this with so many people in different aspects to life, its quite sad if you think about it.

futbol_bill wrote:

No he didn't. Guti left in late July, Mourinho joined after the Champions League final. And he had already been talking to Madrid and giving them his plans before he officially signed up, too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8708315.stm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/07/25/2041116/official-spanish-midfielder-guti-leaves-real-madrid
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Saetablanca[quote="futbol_bill wrote:

No he didn't. Guti left in late July, Mourinho joined after the Champions League final. And he had already been talking to Madrid and giving them his plans before he officially signed up, too.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/07/25/2041116/official-spanish-midfielder-guti-leaves-real-madrid[/quote]

Guti left before Mou arrived in Madrid without ever taking to Mou. Raul left as well but Mou had a conversation with him first to try to keep him. If you are saying Mou didn't want him, that much is correct, but Guti had said he was leaving before any real plans came from Mou. Keep in mind that although Guti had some good moments and playing time under Pelli, he was outcasted by Pelli for good part of year. Guti and Raul had had it made pretty clear that they weren't starters anymore and that is the main reason why both left.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:59 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Saetablanca[quote="futbol_bill wrote:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/07/25/2041116/official-spanish-midfielder-guti-leaves-real-madrid

Guti left before Mou arrived in Madrid without ever taking to Mou. Raul left as well but Mou had a conversation with him first to try to keep him. If you are saying Mou didn't want him, that much is correct, but Guti had said he was leaving before any real plans came from Mou. Keep in mind that although Guti had some good moments and playing time under Pelli, he was outcasted by Pelli for good part of year. Guti and Raul had had it made pretty clear that they weren't starters anymore and that is the main reason why both left.

I dont know if Guti and Mou ever had a proper conversation, in fact I think you are right in saying that they did not. But as I clearly demonstrated, Guti clearly left after Mourinho became the coach of Real Madrid. If you refer to when the decision was made, none of us know exactly for sure, but obviously it was much earlier than when the announcement way made.

Some of Mourinho's plans for us were clear from the start, even before he officially signed up, and Guti leaving under him was pretty much assured.

EDIT: Raul was a completely different case. Mou wanted him to stay as you said, it was quite the opposite with Guti. If Raul had stayed, he would have been very useful as we wouldnt have needed to get a 3rd striker. But there were rumours of dressing room reshuffles too.

Last edited by Saetablanca on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next