Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

+19
Adit
Babun
Turok_TTZ
halamadrid2
Yuri Yukuv
futbol_bill
Zealous
SuperMAG
ijomer
LeSwagg James
EarlyPrototype
The Madrid One
VanDeezNuts
S32TABLANCA
guest7
Pedram
hrealmadrid
Mr Nick09
Doc
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 14 ]
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 18 ]
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 36

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Empty Re: Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:59 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Saetablanca[quote="futbol_bill wrote:
@setablanca, he left before Mou arrived.

No he didn't. Guti left in late July, Mourinho joined after the Champions League final. And he had already been talking to Madrid and giving them his plans before he officially signed up, too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8708315.stm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/07/25/2041116/official-spanish-midfielder-guti-leaves-real-madrid

Guti left before Mou arrived in Madrid without ever taking to Mou. Raul left as well but Mou had a conversation with him first to try to keep him. If you are saying Mou didn't want him, that much is correct, but Guti had said he was leaving before any real plans came from Mou. Keep in mind that although Guti had some good moments and playing time under Pelli, he was outcasted by Pelli for good part of year. Guti and Raul had had it made pretty clear that they weren't starters anymore and that is the main reason why both left.

I dont know if Guti and Mou ever had a proper conversation, in fact I think you are right in saying that they did not. But as I clearly demonstrated, Guti clearly left after Mourinho became the coach of Real Madrid. If you refer to when the decision was made, none of us know exactly for sure, but obviously it was much earlier than when the announcement way made.

Some of Mourinho's plans for us were clear from the start, even before he officially signed up, and Guti leaving under him was pretty much assured.

EDIT: Raul was a completely different case. Mou wanted him to stay as you said, it was quite the opposite with Guti. If Raul had stayed, he would have been very useful as we wouldnt have needed to get a 3rd striker. But there were rumours of dressing room reshuffles too.

Last edited by Saetablanca on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Empty Re: Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend?

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:03 pm

I recall Mourinho saying that Guti already made the decision to leave, so he was not going to try to convince him otherwise. He insisted on it actually, he said something like "people who decided to leave, need to to stick to their word"...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:15 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I recall Mourinho saying that Guti already made the decision to leave, so he was not going to try to convince him otherwise. He insisted on it actually, he said something like "people who decided to leave, need to to stick to their word"...

That doesnt at all sound like he was being pushed out?

In my mind, there is no doubt that Mourinho pretty much helped Guti on his way out. He was obviously not in his plans and he symbolised a lot of what was wrong with the old Madrid. He wanted him out, for sure.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:21 pm

well, sounded to me like he tried to stay when he saw mourinho coming, but Mou did not give him that chance.

He doesnt fancy Mou now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:22 pm

This is the quote I was looking for. I know Guti said that he wanted to leave, even before Mourinho arrived, but this pretty much confirms that Mourinho didnt want him and he wasnt in his plans.

Besiktas midfielder Guti has confessed that he would dearly love to have worked with Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.

The former Spain international made a summer switch from the Santiago Bernabeu to Turkey after 15 successful years at the club where he grew up and developed.

Speaking to Cadena SER, however, the 34-year-old admitted he would have enjoyed remaining for another season in order to play under the Portuguese.

He remarked: “I made my debut under Jorge Valdano, and Jose Mourinho is one of the best coaches in the world. Yes, I would have liked to play in this Real Madrid, among their signings and with this coach. I could have played a lot with Mourinho.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/02/15/2353350/besiktas-playmaker-guti-i-would-have-loved-to-have-played
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:23 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:well, sounded to me like he tried to stay when he saw mourinho coming, but Mou did not give him that chance.

He doesnt fancy Mou now.

Yeah, hence why hes bitter, which is why hes been criticising Mou and that ties in with the General Section thread which this is really about...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Yes, he is a bit bitter. His comments reeks of frustration and disappointment. He has always been very prideful, and when he looks at the way Mou was bending to retain Raul, but not him, another club 'legend', he is hurt.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:43 pm

I like the responses, quite civilized. And I would agree, he is bitter and that is quite a human reaction to be bitter about being not wanted. Regardless of that, I still think he doesn't warrant the legendary status that a few (and a few being a big figure) Madridistas have been calling him.

Cult status is fine though, I could agree to that...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Doc,, just a side note before we finish with this thread. Guti like many ex madristas says he wants to return to club in some role (since he thinks he is a legend) but unlike Raul I don't think there will be a role for him. For the most part it is the legends that end up with some role with Madrid after their playing days are over.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 pm

What role exactly Guti see himself as though? Ambassador role?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Ambassador? i dont even know if he has strong ties within RM organization atm, but he lacks the class to represent RM as an institution.

I expect him to become a media person and to make a lot of noises in Spain.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 pm

I dont feel like he gave his all to the club, kinda spoilt. He is part of the clique but I dont think he will shud be revered
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Lol, for some reason I imagine him as a coach. He probably wouldnt make a good one, but his attitude would just be hillarious. He would probably end up with some kind of ambassadorial role or maybe a youth coach or something.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:00 pm

IMO he'd a good assistant for De La Red in the future.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 am

apparently yesterday someone posted something to guti on twitter in catalan

he answered by saying:

"that uhmm accent or language i didnt quite understand, was it polish??? Blocked"

is this "supposed" to be a real madrid legend??? he can gtfo

Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 87d09a7a7338f307

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 am

apparently catalan people are called polish by most of the spanish people

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:23 pm

the caption at the bottom is him apologizing..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:31 pm

LOL I told you Guti is a cult hero. That kind of thing makes him really popular with the Ultras. (Which may not be a good thing when you think about what some of the Ultras are like)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Hm didnt see this thread.

A legend? apparently there is a variety of opinions here.
My opinion wud be... There is only one #14.
Guti :bow: . One of the most underrated guy to come out of our academy. Zidane was the only reason why he was on the bench most of the time. (as well as his inconsistent self due to his volatile nature)

This team of ours currently is still young. For that reason only, why i dont criticize for lack of deadly defense splitting through balls Guti does. God I miss that Sad . I respect everyone's opinion so respect mine as imho, Guti is a legend.

CR7 may be more rich and talented, but he is certainly not more handsome than the blond tempest of Madrid:
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Ganasdeamarrv03fxi

and lastly, to end this thread: Official Real Madrid Website: Club Legends, Page 2

Guti is near bottom of page 2 in the legends section along with Hierro and Hugo Sanchez. Argument invalid?

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm

It's not about respect though Dinosaur Hunter, just wanting to know the mindset of what Madridistas think of Guti so yours is duly noted.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Doc wrote:It's not about respect though Dinosaur Hunter, just wanting to know the mindset of what Madridistas think of Guti so yours is duly noted.

Why do u call me a dinosaur hunter doc? now I am very disrespected...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Turok the Dinosaur Hunter is something that always sticks with me whenever I see your name. Nothing sinister...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:07 pm

I'll accept that response for now.

also:
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Quetelocomesgs1adrs
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Cresta5fzu50da8
Doc's Documents: Is Guti a Real Madrid legend? - Page 2 Conciertopignoisekx1mdyw

:facepalm: guti hairtyles back then...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Guti is a legend Very Happy Any true madridista who puts smile on fan's faces with performances for 7-9 years is one Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:31 pm

babun1024 wrote:Guti is a legend Very Happy Any true madridista who puts smile on fan's faces with performances for 7-9 years is one Very Happy
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:38 pm

thats what i have been sayinnnnnnn, its as simple as that, the fans decide who the club legends are.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next