baresi
Zealous
SUPERCARTTS
Adit
Vibe
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barca paid 43 million for Sanchez - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca paid 43 million for Sanchez

Post by billy_gr Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Excluding Ibra and Chigrinsky deals Barca have been quite reasonable with their transfers

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barca paid 43 million for Sanchez - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca paid 43 million for Sanchez

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:47 pm

True problem is those two deals were pretty epic fail Laughing

(I'm aware Madrid has some lol worthy deals too I'm just pointing it out Razz)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Oh Madrid have many lol worthy ones, none can reach the Ibra one though.
Possibly the worst and most unnecessary in modern football
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Kaka for 55 million :facepalm:

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:50 pm

billy_gr wrote:Oh Madrid have many lol worthy ones, none can reach the Ibra one though.
Possibly the worst and most unnecessary in modern football

I agree. bebe is pretty epic as well. andy Carrol is up there as well. Newcastle basically stole money from pool. Pool are gullable idiots.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:51 pm

At least you didn’t give one of your best players in the process…
I feel you though
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Barca's taxes wouldnt change that much if they reported either figure since the player's cost is spread over the length of his contract and a large part of this reported 43 millions is bounuses that are not yet realized and recorded (and might never be)
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Isn't Cope the same agency that claimed that Barca did doping and they got sued for it?

Yes, they are certainly reliable, independent and credible.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Did Barca win the claim though? Just because you get sued doesn't mean you are unreliable (although it doesn't help LOL) I haven't been following that case so I wouldn't know the outcome. Some info would be great.

In any case the direct source is this Pena guy. The quote is attributed to him after all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:21 pm

I haven't heard anything since, it's probably still being processed. But UEFA did come days after the accusation to do doping tests and found nothing, so it was definitely a false claim. The question is whether Cope had a source or they fabricated it, legally.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I haven't heard anything since, it's probably still being processed. But UEFA did come days after the accusation to do doping tests and found nothing, so it was definitely a false claim. The question is whether Cope had a source or they fabricated it, legally.

Well as far as I can tell I think what Cope was saying is that Barca should be put under the microscope since two of their doctors were present at the time of the doping crisis in cycling a few years back.

I never actually heard what they said but from what I read over the intertubes it seems they weren't saying Barca were doping outright.

So long as the doctors they are finger pointing at as indeed the ones that were involved in the Cycling scandal I don't think Cope will have a problem in court (provided their lawyer team is good).

In any case Granada's Pena is the guy bringing the 43 million thing not Cope so this is completely different. The bonuses part of the deal is probably what is making this deal dodgy.

What does Sanchez have to do to get those extra millions for Udinese? Show up to training?

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:38 pm

People need to understand the Ibra deal. Yes it was a very bad deal but there tons of extenuating circumstances around that deal.

1) Eto'o was not coming back to Barca no matter what happened. Right or wrong Pep wanted him out and needed to replace him.

Option A was to bring in David Villa but Valencia at the last minute didn't want to sell. Eto'o didn't have much left on his contract so Barca had to take what they could get for him plus they had to replace him with a world class forward. In stepped Inter who wanted Eto'o and was willing to part with Ibra. I'm part Swede so I'm biased but every sign pointed to Ibra being wildly successful at Barca but it didn't work. The fee for at the time a top 3 striker in the world was more then Barca should have paid but they were in a unique situation kinda like Arsenal selling Cesc for only 30 mill.

AGAIN, the deal was bad but I do give credit to Barca for realizing it early and shipping him out and getting back what they could instead of holding on to him to prove some point to the fans and board members. You see teams do this all the time, make a bad deal and just keep the player so it doesn't look as bad. Barca righted the ship ASAP and won the CL the next year.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Hard to call Carroll a flop due to his age, as of now he is but possibly in two seasons the deal could look favourable.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 pm

"For God’s shake they are Companies.
Financial audits can reveal if this kind of frauds have happened.

I doubt a Company (forget the football club label) would announce false financial data and risk fines from local tax authorities.
Of course there might have been other side agreements in the scope of this deal.

Anyway, I hate talking business in a football site"

I'm honestly not taking a shot at you, but it is hilarious that you made this comment whilst being from Greece Smile

Well said though. I completely agree.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:26 pm

billy_gr wrote:For God’s shake they are Companies.

I doubt a Company (forget the football club label) would announce false financial data and risk fines from local tax authorities.
Of course there might have been other side agreements in the scope of this deal.

Anyway, I hate talking business in a football site

same... who gives a shit? it has nothing to do with the product on the field
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Artemis wrote:"For God’s shake they are Companies.

I'm honestly not taking a shot at you, but it is hilarious that you made this comment whilst being from Greece Smile

What does my nationality have to do with anything?
Just because our government has screwed up big time it doesn't mean we, as citizens, do not have a clue about finance
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:30 pm

billy_gr wrote:
Artemis wrote:"For God’s shake they are Companies.

What does my nationality have to do with anything?
Just because our government has screwed up big time it doesn't mean we, as citizens, do not have a clue about finance

I know, right. That's like saying anyone who had money with Lehman Brothers can't comment on financial issues.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:32 pm

and saying "im not taking a shit at you" and then taking a shot at someone, doenst mean u didnt take a shot at them smoking
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Bump!

Well invested? After one year watching him struggle in la liga I think he simply sucks. At least, €37m down the drain. Add Cesc to that desaster and you'll see the real dimension of the last year's transfers. Only Kaka comes close regarding pirce/ performance Laughing

Last edited by Babun on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Sanchez makes Busquets' diving look amateurish. He dives on freakin everything! No idea why he starts over Cesc or Villa. Dude is shat too.

He has made the top of my shat list.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:01 am

:I'munoriginal:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 am

these last three season Barcelona a have made the worst transfers in their history
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 am

Yeh go on guys, its your time to kneejerk. As if the guy was responsible for Valdes howler, and our amateurish defending tonight. Remember he did score in both league clasicos last year, remember that?
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 am

You cannot blame Barca for the Sanchez transfer. Who knew he would underperform so much? But the Cesc and Ibra transfer probably qualifies as the worst transfers ever.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 am

Maybe he should play on the left so he can cut in?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 am

mtfootball wrote:Maybe he should play on the left so he can cut in?

yea but he alwyas drifts in centrally and then the fullbacks always push up too high leaving the back four exposed. When he plays or sanchez plays, messi essentially becomes a #10/#8. Messi hasn't been a false 9 regularly for a long time, which makes his GS even more amazing. Having thosse two handicaps
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next