silva.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Silva vs Sneijder Empty Re: Silva vs Sneijder

Post by jibers Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:17 am

Lol. Silva over Sneijder? What a joke. This forum has truly gone to shits. Silva has been exposed in the Cl ffs. There's a reason no big team wanted silva. Sneijder was instrumental to inters treble and hillands WC run. Silva has been instrumental in man city run in the prem...that's it. In la liga he was never this good because there want as much space to exploit behind the CMs. Sneijder is a better player, has accomplished more and is a better big game player, and a better passer. I love the epl but this forum is to EPL centric ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:20 am

jibers wrote:Lol. Silva over Sneijder? What a joke. This forum has truly gone to shits. Silva has been exposed in the Cl ffs. There's a reason no big team wanted silva. Sneijder was instrumental to inters treble and hillands WC run. Silva has been instrumental in man city run in the prem...that's it. In la liga he was never this good because there want as much space to exploit behind the CMs. Sneijder is a better player, has accomplished more and is a better big game player, and a better passer. I love the epl but this forum is to EPL centric ffs.

No big teams wanted Silva? not true, as Mou chose a very specific type of player in Di Maria, and Barca was busy doing their thing, they did not needed silva at the time.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:29 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
jibers wrote:Lol. Silva over Sneijder? What a joke. This forum has truly gone to shits. Silva has been exposed in the Cl ffs. There's a reason no big team wanted silva. Sneijder was instrumental to inters treble and hillands WC run. Silva has been instrumental in man city run in the prem...that's it. In la liga he was never this good because there want as much space to exploit behind the CMs. Sneijder is a better player, has accomplished more and is a better big game player, and a better passer. I love the epl but this forum is to EPL centric ffs.

No big teams wanted Silva? not true, as Mou chose a very specific type of player in Di Maria, and Barca was busy doing their thing, they did not needed silva at the time.

Exactly, no one really wanted him, he even said madrid did not make a lot of effort that they inquired, the dude has done nothing in his career to be considered on equal footing ffs. When he is the fulcrum of successful team, come get me, till then he's as ovverated as the rest of the jokers in the epl.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:32 am

jibers wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Exactly, no one really wanted him, he even said madrid did not make a lot of effort that they inquired, the dude has done nothing in his career to be considered on equal footing ffs. When he is the fulcrum of successful team, come get me, till then he's as ovverated as the rest of the jokers in the epl.

Madrid was about to sign him, it came down to the manager picking a different type of player.

I dont think that episode diminishes his quality. And as for him not being as good in La liga, well, he is clearly growing now, entering his prime, so it's only normal. In two years i expect benzema and Higuain to be different kind of monsters as well for example.

But fair enough argument, i respect that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:36 am

I don't know. Sneijder really needs to get the hell out of Inter unless they start playing decent football.

Silva eats Sneijder on his current form, but damn Sneijder is some classy player.

He needs to come to Arsenal cheers
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:45 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Who would you take in your team?
if we base it on last year sneijder. This year idk for all I know sneijder could be terrible I haven't seen enough of him yet to say.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:55 am

Silva hands down

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:09 am

On form silva, but overall I think Sneijder reached levels that silva hasnt touched yet
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:12 am

no big team wanted silva? lol..barcelona wanted him back in the summer of 2008 and real madrid did bid twice in may and juni 2010. he could go to one of these two spanish giants, but he didn't because of his undying love for valencia. that's why he moved abroad and signed for city.

i will not deny that sneijder's 2009/10 season was nothing less than sensational, probobly the best player of the world that season. but except for that tripple season winning, which other season has sneijder out-performed silva? either you are giving not credit enough for his concistent performance since 2005, silva has been the playmaker for valencia since 2006/07 and was one of the best players of the spanish team that won the euro's back in 2008 or you're just hating the fact that he is the best and most important player in the team that looks like's manchester united biggest threat to their crown.

sneijder is world class. but there is one big difference between him and silva. sneijder needs a good playing team around him to performance at his highest level while silva, just like xavi and that's the reason why me and more and more people are considering this little fella to be the next big thing, can actually make players and a team play better because of his control of the pace in a game. sneijder is the playmaker who is more direct, shoots and scores more but no player (except xavi) can't dictate the pace of the game better then silva and for that reason get the best out of his teammates. sneijder is defintely one of the better attacking midfielders in the european fields at the moment, but silva's football brain and vision is out of this world.

silva the type of player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck. He’s the playmaker, always involved in goal opportunities and consistently making key passes to put his teammates in great positions. silva is the most dominant midfielder i've seen since stefan effenberg and xavi hernandez. i’m sure to meet some resistance, but with the form (against villarreal he not played his best game, but still the things mainly where going through him) and potential he is showing right now i place him as the second best midfielder after xavi.

david silva >>>>>> wesley sneijder
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:43 am

:lol!: :facepalm:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:19 am

eyeopener wrote:no big team wanted silva? lol..barcelona wanted him back in the summer of 2008 and real madrid did bid twice in may and juni 2010. he could go to one of these two spanish giants, but he didn't because of his undying love for valencia. that's why he moved abroad and signed for city.
Silva did not go to one of the Spanish Giants because they never commit to sign him. Trust me when they do, there is no stopping them, and if you do not pick Real, you will pick Barca. That is simply the way it works.

silva has been the playmaker for valencia since 2006/07
What was the achievement in being Valencia's playmaker? If so, then Sneijder was the playmaker of a much bigger side in Real, and he actually won trophies with them.

and was one of the best players of the spanish team that won the euro's back in 2008
Sneijder was the best player during the world cup hands down. The best player in Europe that season as well. Being one of the best players of Spain compared to that is a meager achievement if you ask me.

or you're just hating the fact that he is the best and most important player in the team that looks like's manchester united biggest threat to their crown.
This is not an argument.

sneijder is world class. but there is one big difference between him and silva. sneijder needs a good playing team around him to performance at his highest level while silva, just like xavi and that's the reason why me and more and more people are considering this little fella to be the next big thing, can actually make players and a team play better because of his control of the pace in a game.
How is Silva making established WC CF Tevez any better? how is he making an established big league performer Aguero better? An established germany player of the year Dzeko better? Toure? De Jong? Are you honestly arguing that Silva made those guys better? City is a conglomerate of star players coming together. Being an advanced tempo setter is a trait, not an accomplishment.

The same can not be said about Sneijder who turned an underwhelming Inter side into the best in the world. Bar Eto'o, the likes of Milito, Pandev, Motta and which ever else attacking players they had, were nothing compared to the Players City is boasting.

I also think you are understating Sneijder tempo stating abilities greatly, even if he is a more direct. And then again, here we are served another bullshit about how tempo setting midfielders are better than the rest, it's not true! It's all about the style of the team you are playing for, and you may say that you "prefer" the kind of player Silva is, but it shouldnt stretch to "Silva is a better player", it's a bit ridiculous.

And who is calling Silva the next big thing?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:29 am

jibers wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Utd wanted Silva pretty badly after Euro 08 :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 am

While Silva definitely hasn't touched the levels Sneijder has , calling him an unproven joker like Jibers has is ridiculous.

They are very different players tho , even though they play the same positions. As to who I would rather have on my team , it would probably depend on who are the other people I had on my Team

I am a Sneijder fanboy though , so I do favor him generally.

A really Interesting thread would be Sneijder vs Fabregas and Silva vs OZil.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:09 am

Its an issue of form at the moment.

Current form, Silva no doubt. Sneijder is definitely the better player if both on form.

Contributing factor: Silva is surrounded by Dzeko (on the rise), Aguero ( world class), Nasri (great player) and on occasion Balotelli (mercurial if slightly inconsistent).

Sneijder on the other hand lost the Eto'o partnership and now has to deal with Forlan (burnt out), Pazzini (1 out of 4 games consistency), Zarate ( individualistic player) and Diego Milito ( currently in a bad funk).

The perceived form of a play-maker a lot of the time has a lot to do with the form of the players around him. Hypothetically, if you were to make Silva and Sneijder switch teams, I sure Wes would be on cloud 9 given the opportunity to link up with someone like Aguero.

For both of these players, to look good, the attack has to be completely in tune with one another.

Nick, you're trolling man, you know Wes is better and he just looks bad currently because Inter as a whole are in a slump.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Silva over Sneijder....loooooooooooooool. Next thing you'll tell me ozil is better than Sneijder. loooooooooool.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Since bastian became best CM ahead of xavi all of a sudden ,ozil being better than sneidjer is not impossible :coffee:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Adit wrote:Since bastian became best CM ahead of xavi all of a sudden ,ozil being better than sneidjer is not impossible :coffee:

There's a difference though, Bastian is a geezer...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:29 pm

There is only one thing,double standard lol Sleep
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Silva all day erry day........

INB4 Cro calls me a Inter hater :coffee:

You just hate us cause we sold you Martins,Emre and Santon for 25 mill banana
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:04 pm

sneijder is a one season wonder

there, i said it