goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 12 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Question: Who do you want to die the most in the next book? And who do you want the killer to be?

A: Roose Bolton , Jon Snow ( if he still lives lawl) if not then Arya

Margaery because I became very pro-cersei towards the end of ADWD Laughing

Aegon when Daenerys ask the dragons to burn him to see if he really is the real targaryen.

Ramsay by the hands of Theon or Jon.

Cersei by the hands of Jaime(kinda does contradict with my first death wish though)

Brown Ben plumm by Drogon.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 12 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:49 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Yeah exactly, that's my objection to the Benjen theory, Coldhands is far too old.

Though I've always thought that he's more likely to be the son of the Night's King rather than the Night's King himself. I always thought that, due to how dangerous he was, the war to bring him down wouldn't have ended until he was killed, however the child he had with the Other could have lived on.

There is a running joke that Daario Naharis is Benjemen Stark in disguise. Maybe he followed the cult of the Red god and someone priest did a Mance Ryder on him hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Can't wait to see the reaction this week when

Spoiler:

Very Happy
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:Think he has read every book?
No, he always brings up in the chat how I've 'ruined' GoT for him and how he'll never forget Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Really? I've always had the impression that he has read every book. He used to post during the season 3 of how even better things will come up later on.

Might have not read the last 2 and stopped at ASOS
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Question: Who do you want to die the most in the next book? And who do you want the killer to be?

A: Roose Bolton , Jon Snow ( if he still lives lawl) if not then Arya

Excellent question. Probably Ramsey/Roose Bolton by Jon - he will be back :coffee: - or possibly even Lady Stoneheart by Jaime for the lulz. I just hate Catelyn so much. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Dost you will like her a lot more when she performs the reverse red wedding on the next book :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Until she does, I reserve the right to hate her :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:51 am

Did any of you read the sample Arya chapter from Winds of Winter that got released this month? That chapter was released so GRRM can overtake the show. You would understand if you read the chapter and watch the Arya part in the show. I really hope the show makes GRRM speed up, I heard rumours that Feast/Dance will be only one season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:07 am

Is that chapter called Mercy?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:56 am

Yes, apparently GURM wrote that chapter in 2001 and only released it now Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:58 am

I'm avoiding all WOW chapters for the moment, I'd rather just read it all at once when it's finally published. The only bit I've read is the preview of Theon's chapter included at the end of ADWD.

Also to add to the above question on deaths, it's not an immediate thing, but I want Walder Frey to live to see every one of his sons and grandsons killed, before he himself dies at the hands of one of the Starks.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:23 am

Yea I am also avoiding the WOW chapters.

Dost I hope so too. Hopefully there is a Frey wedding which gets hijacked by Lady Stoneheart, Brienne and the rest of the scrubs. That will finally put us to rest Proud

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 am

Purple Wedding was scaled down from the books. No 77 dishes, no reveal of Joffrey ordering Bran's death with the dagger, no mention of the date being first day of the new year, no Sansa finding out about Ice etc. Also I noticed Joffrey named his sword Wolfsbane in the show instead of Widow's Wail.

Loras and Oberyn giving each other looks does not fit at all. The Tyrells hate the Martells, especially Oberyn Laughing

I loved the Ramsey/Roose arc they showed and Locke being sent to the Wall to kill Bran, Rickon and Jon. This will be awesome.

It has been outright shown that Brienne is in love with Jaime, that's very important for future book events imo.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/game-of-thrones/The_Lion_and_the_Rose_Differences
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:47 pm

They changed quite a bit.

Ramsay didn't meet Bolton so early. But I guess most of Theon's torture was already done last season that they had to bring on Roose.

I think having 77 dishes would have cost far too much lol. Also I pictured the wedding to be inside the hall rather than outside. But I guess this made much more sense. More space etc.

And nah, he named it Window's Wail.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:19 pm

I could act in GOT with my acting in the non-book GOT thread Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 pm

"I never saw that coming" Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm

"Breaker of Chains" is the next episode

That's 90% Dany conquering Meereen.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Despite reading the books. Man the excitement and nervous feeling I get before watching each episode is incredible. It truly is one of the best series of all time. I try to forget I have read the books before watching an episode. It kinda works as well.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Same here Laughing....it's easy too. Despite the differences, it's remarkable how dedicated the show has stayed to the books.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Absolutely. Every major scene has been executed to perfection. Btw did Bran have that vision while touching the tree in the books? I can't remember.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Well, GURM did write this last episode and writes one per season. If he can't keep true to books then I can't imagine who could Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm not sure that Brienne being shown to be in love with Jaime at this point will necessarily be significant, after all we've seen how often the show exaggerates affection between characters from dramatic effect. Shae's made more sympathetic, Gendry and Arya are shown to have far more chemistry, Sansa and Tyrion are shown to get along. There's still a long way to go in terms of Brienne's story line in the show, that love can easily be undermined still.

I disagree that the show sticks close to the books, particularly when it comes to events and conversations with King's Landing, though I suppose it's understandable as the show hasn't reached the point when Cersei's POV begins to dominate the books, meaning they've been required to embellish. I don't mind though, it's provided some of the best moments. Cersei's face when Brienne said Jaime saved her was priceless, nearly died laughing. rofl

Also the visual cues in that episode were absurdly unsubtle. If you hadn't read the books you might simply dismiss them, but anyone going back and watching again is going to pick up on the fact that it's the Queen of Thorns so quickly. They even focused on her when the priest said "cursed be he who tries to tear these two apart." Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 am

How the poisoning happened.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

*round of applause* They translated the poisoning brilliantly to the show.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 am

I think the show pretty much confirmed Margaery was in on the plot to poison Joffrey too?

https://imgur.com/a/2DtPH
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 pm

I really have to read purple wedding again, the show mixed somethings up for me and I wan't to know the difference between the book and the show.
I have forgotten if Ser Davos really gave Sansa the necklace, and was it really all planned between the Tyrells and a certain other character(in case someone hasn't read it yet and lurks this thread)
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next