goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate Empty [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 pm

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, GET OUT! THIS THREAD IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS.

So who else is excited for Tyrion's death? That will be gruesome.

Spoiler:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:27 am

looooooooool rofl

I'll visit again after i finish Dance with Dragons. Free of spoilers Proud

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate 1af
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 am

Welcome to the Wild West :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:20 am

Anyone else kinda disappointed Jon was not legitimized and named heir to the north? Looking at ADWD it didn't really lead anywhere, but at the time I thought it made a great idea
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 am

Who would win at a game of chess - Doran or Littlefinger?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:28 am

I feel the same way, but I think in the end whoever sits on the Iron Throne (assuming it exists in the end) will legitimize Jon by royal decree. Remember, Stannis already offered him this...
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am

I personally don't see a place for Stannis when Dany and her dragons land in Westeros, so I don't have much faith in that.

Next week's episode recap:

Episode 3.10 - Mhysa
Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

No mention of a wedding means a certain someone lives for another season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:07 am

Glad. Killing him this now oversells his general importance while next season the focus will be placed on Tyrion in the last couple episodes. Those were definitely some of the better chapters in the book.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 am

Wouldn't it be better if they don't reveal lady stoneheart until the end of season 4? People should think Cat is gone from their lives and revealing her undead version so soon will ruin everything.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:39 pm

hahahaha I just came from the other thread, and after reading RG's freakout - BC you're a dick. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway, theories from later on: Personally I think Aegon is going to take the throne; Dany's too stupid in books 4/5 to pull it off. Also, I truly believe that Varys is the most impressive character, and having him on your side is a huge plus.

I'm typically unimpressed by Littlefinger. Sure, he's done a lot, but he always seems to wear his plan on his sleeve. He reveals too much to too many people and is a little too ambitious for personal reasons to be able to make it. I think his tongue is going to undue him and he's going to die a gruesome death eventually.

I think Jon is alive, the prologue showed us that you can warg into your creature at death for a reason. I think he'll be in Ghost for a little while before Melisandre heals his body and brings him back.

And this isn't a theory about anything, but I just wanna say that Arya is BAMF and I love her.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:58 pm

I think the three dragons are going to be Jon, Dany and Aegon.
About who is going to sit on the iron throne at the end of the book 7, let us consider each character:

-Jon: Whether he survives or not (he will) or whether he is hoing to be Azor ahai reborn or not(he will be), i think he will be a crow inside. After kicking some serious ass in the remaining two book, he will say 'nah' to any offers of Kingship. He is too wise to choose that path. He is exactly like Ned even if he isnt his son. He is the true stark. Whatever Targaryen he has buried deep inside him, will anyway come out after Melissandrei does her thing. Anyway i think, and hope that he will always remain a man of the Night's watch.

-Dany: I swear that she was very mature for her age and made the right decisions in the first 3 books. But the world she lives in is totally different from the Seven Kingdoms. The ancient traditions, the uneducated people of Essos has dragged her down and piled immense pressure on her. And without any trusted counsellors bar two or three, she had limited help and couldnt control the chaos. But i'm sure that she will be a terrific ruler when she conquers Westeros. Wait and see.

-Aegon:Him on the iron throne sounds like a good news for the people of westeros. So i dont see that happening. Him being king is too good to be true. He is perfect in everyway. So GRRM must be reserving the worst kind of death for him late into the series. Martin will f*** him up when our expectations of him are high. He has a better claim than Dany. But Dany has gone through too much shit and has been longing to be a good ruler since long. She probably wont agree in wedding aegon and share the realm. I can see them.going against each other.

Two of above three might have a shot at surviving until the end of the books. One character of the three will die gloriously.

Most of the other characters will get f***ed up by the winter. Arya , Cersei , Rickon and Bran will live. The tv series will be shot at Antartica.
Benjen Stark will get teleported to Winterfell in the epilogue.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:15 pm

stevieg8 wrote:hahahaha I just came from the other thread, and after reading RG's freakout - BC you're a dick. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Did RG fall for my Tyrion troll? Laughing

I think Aegon is the biggest red herring of all time. He's Illyrio's son made off to pass as Aegon. He might remain in power, but he's still a fake. The dragons might recognize him as a fake and put an end to him.

See Dany taking the throne. She might be stupid but she has the ultimate anti-siege weapon. She will raise a khalasar, get the ironborn boats, and take her army to Westeros, including Tyrion to act as hand.

Jon is alive no doubt and Lyanna's son. Thoros brought people back before, Mel can too.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:46 am

I'm just finishing up a Feast of Crows and I'm guessing the next book will be better? Because it's kind of dragging along, the Jaime and Arya chapters being the only real quality bits. The ironborn were great, but focus dropped off them as the book progressed. It's kind of a kick in the ass after the awesomeness that was Storm of Swords.

No Tyrion Sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:54 am

Has anyone here tried to read both book 4 & book 5 at the same time? Something like this:

http://boiledleather.com/post/25902554148/a-new-reader-friendly-combined-reading-order-for-a

Also trying to find an ebook version of it. I've bought both books 4 & 5 so I don't feel bad about that.

Edit: there are links in the comments
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I personally don't see a place for Stannis when Dany and her dragons land in Westeros, so I don't have much faith in that.
I haven't read the books, I have just googled way too much shit that I shouldn't have, but I don't see Stannis just getting wiped away and tossed out of the story. I don't think he will be the king, but Melisandre believed him to be the chosen one for a reason, so I think he will at least have a big part to play when Winter comes.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, GET OUT! THIS THREAD IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS.

So who else is excited for Tyrion's death? That will be gruesome.

Spoiler:

LMAO rofl rofl rofl

I remember reading a "spoiler" like that on 4chan maybe 3 years ago, it was JUST at the point when I was really starting to get invested in the series and had started reading the books...the spoiler named like 5 characters who would die and I was so furious/upset

But actually IIRC only like 3 out of the 5 of the "spoilers" actually came true, and by the time I reached those points in the books I had successfully sort of managed to forget about the whole thing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think Aegon is the biggest red herring of all time. He's Illyrio's son made off to pass as Aegon. He might remain in power, but he's still a fake. The dragons might recognize him as a fake and put an end to him.

Not so sure about that myself...That hair/eyes combo isn't exactly common (even in westeros) and isn't Illyrio fat and short, as opposed to tall and slender like Aegon?

Also why would Varys specifically say that he is in fact Aegon Targaryen when he killed Kevan Lannister then? Kevan was already dead, no reason to lie to him, there isn't anything to gain from that

Dany is obviously the favorite (even in the current situation), but Im not willing to count out others

The most interesting character to me is Arya...Where is her journey leading? Is she just going to spend the rest of the novel as a faceless man? Or is she being groomed for something far bigger, similar to the way Varys said Aegon has been prepared to rule through his experiences?

Aegon-Arya would fit "A song of Fire and Ice" hmm
I am having a hard time shaking the feeling that Aegon isn't long for this world though...Every time I try to theorize how his story may conclude I can't get past the feeling that theres no way he lives through this

I really hope the Martell's rise to the top - Dorne is awesome and they have had nothing but tragedy since before the books even started, they more than deserve vengeance and success...

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:06 am

Yeah RG fell for it hard. He directed a few posts in spoiler tags at you asking about it. Laughing Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am

BC you bastard http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/lol/lol-sign.gif

Imagine next season RG waiting for Tyrion's death. Then when Red Viper loses to The Mountain RG is like "This is it, goodbye Imp Sad " Then Jaime frees Tyrion and Tyrion kills Tywin and Shae. RG: https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/93/79/64/37329810.gif

Also I'm pretty sure Aegon is a fake. Personally think he is a Blackfyre. In the Dany's vision in House Of The Undying in A Clash Of Kings, there is some serious foreshadowing of future events. Most notably:

A feast of corpses, where many of the bodies were savagely slaughtered, and many of the corpses have cups or spoons in their hands; above them sits a dead man on a throne with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king would hold a scepter;

Red Wedding

Aegon The Fake:

2) a cloth dragon amidst a cheering crowd

Jon "dying" pissed me of more than Red Wedding, but after calming down I'm pretty sure he'll make it. And yeah he is Lyanna and Rhaegar's legitimate son. Ned took him as his bastard because Robert would want him dead and that was the only realistic lie he could make, he could not say "BTW Cat, I found him on the middle of the battlefield sleeping, poor thing, let's adopt him" plus he greatly resembles Ned. He is the song of ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaereyan), makes sense right? I think Winds Of Winter will be epic, I was really liking A Dance With Dragons but NONE of the battles being built up happened. All of them will take place a Winds, particularly looking forward to Battle Of Winterfell. Hope Stannis crushes Roose and Ramsay. Rickon to be Lord Of Winterfell hmm

Dany will probably be the Stallion that mounts the world and set sail for Westeros at Winds. I think inevitably every single character will realise that they need to put their petty political struggles aside for the danger coming in winter with the Great Other and all.

I think Dany will sit in the throne. Cersei was prophesised to see all her children die while they are in the throne (2 to go) and she will be Queen but an even more beautiful girl will overthrow her (she thinks it's Margaery, but we all know who it is) and she will be killed by "little brother", she thinks it's Tyrion but I think it's gonna be Jaime.

Dany saw a frozen Iron Throne, I think at the end she will sit on the throne of a ravaged Westeros where her dragons and Jon defeat the Others butWesteros is nearly anhilated with a few survivors and stricken by poverty and all, but there is hope, hence A Dream Of Spring. GRRM said ending will be bittersweet, there's gonna be a lot more deaths. Stannis is a goner for sure.

I expect Howland Reed to reveal Jon's true parentage soon. Maybe Benjen knows too hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:08 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Yeah RG fell for it hard. He directed a few posts in spoiler tags at you asking about it. Laughing Laughing
I'm totally not seeing these. Could you link me to it? I feel like I'm as blind as a bat.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Here you go.

RealGunner wrote:
Zealous wrote:

RealGunner wrote:I actually didn't think there will be a spoiler right in the 1st post Laughing

But that spoiler didn't come as a shock since i knew it would happen eventually so i am not feeling that bad.

Sorry you had to see that man but don't feel too bad, you know what will happen but I don't think you know how or when it will happen which is basically 90% of the fun. eco smile

This is just for Zeal. Not a spoiler but still don't read it please. Hints are powerful enough.

Spoiler:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t30877p252-game-of-thrones-part-2

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Benjen's dead, dude. He's not coming back.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 pm

stevieg8 wrote:hahahaha I just came from the other thread, and after reading RG's freakout - BC you're a dick. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway, theories from later on: Personally I think Aegon is going to take the throne; Dany's too stupid in books 4/5 to pull it off. Also, I truly believe that Varys is the most impressive character, and having him on your side is a huge plus.

I'm typically unimpressed by Littlefinger. Sure, he's done a lot, but he always seems to wear his plan on his sleeve. He reveals too much to too many people and is a little too ambitious for personal reasons to be able to make it. I think his tongue is going to undue him and he's going to die a gruesome death eventually.

I think Jon is alive, the prologue showed us that you can warg into your creature at death for a reason. I think he'll be in Ghost for a little while before Melisandre heals his body and brings him back.

And this isn't a theory about anything, but I just wanna say that Arya is BAMF and I love her.

Varys and Littlefinger are easily the most impres
Swanhends wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think Aegon is the biggest red herring of all time. He's Illyrio's son made off to pass as Aegon. He might remain in power, but he's still a fake. The dragons might recognize him as a fake and put an end to him.

I really hope the Martell's rise to the top - Dorne is awesome and they have had nothing but tragedy since before the books even started, they more than deserve vengeance and success...

Same. I get the feeling Doran is going to be key. You get the feeling whichever side he chooses is going to win.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:50 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Benjen's dead, dude. He's not coming back.

No
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:19 am

Said the same thing about Cat too lol

Am i the only one who wanted Cat to die? Cuss she basically got her entire family killed, encouraged Ned to go to Kings Landing >> Dies there, Free's the Kingslayer, making her house vulnerable , abandon's her two youngest Son's to fend for themselves. She was the sole reason they lost this war and one of the main culprits for starting it as well, by capturing and wrongfully accusing Tyrion of attempted murder. As a player in the game of thrones she was clearly the weakest of them all, deserved to die.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next