goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 13 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by StrugaRock Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:56 pm

I really have to read purple wedding again, the show mixed somethings up for me and I wan't to know the difference between the book and the show.
I have forgotten if Ser Davos really gave Sansa the necklace, and was it really all planned between the Tyrells and a certain other character(in case someone hasn't read it yet and lurks this thread)

StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 13 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm

StrugaRock wrote:I really have to read purple wedding again, the show mixed somethings up for me and I wan't to know the difference between the book and the show.
I have forgotten if Ser Davos really gave Sansa the necklace, and was it really all planned between the Tyrells and a certain other character(in case someone hasn't read it yet and lurks this thread)

Ser Dontos* gives Sansa the hairnet. They changed it to necklace on the show. And yes Littlefinger says on the ship that it was planned between him and Margaery's grandmother.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Bah Gawd Ser Davos in kingslanding
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm

It's a shame that the show won't have one of my most favourite Jaime moments. Taking the inept Kingsguard to task.

Jaime: Ser, you’ve been remiss in teaching our new brothers their duties.
Meryn: What duties?
Jaime: Keeping the king alive. How many monarchs have you lost since I left the city? Two, is it?

Sad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Didn't that happen well after the wedding? Might still see it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 pm

M99 wrote:
StrugaRock wrote:I really have to read purple wedding again, the show mixed somethings up for me and I wan't to know the difference between the book and the show.

Ser Dontos* gives Sansa the hairnet. They changed it to necklace on the show. And yes Littlefinger says on the ship that it was planned between him and Margaery's grandmother.

Sorry I meant Dontos too

and thanks for clearing it up for me, it has been a while since I read the third book
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:12 pm

M99 wrote:How the poisoning happened.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

*round of applause* They translated the poisoning brilliantly to the show.
Pls someone just read my post and put it into pics :coffee:

And of course it would be true to book, GURM wrote the episode Laughing That's as good as cannon in my opinion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:22 am

M99 wrote:I think the show pretty much confirmed Margaery was in on the plot to poison Joffrey too?

https://imgur.com/a/2DtPH

Interesting, but I'm still not so sure. What do the Tyrells have to gain from poisoning Joffrey before he and Margaery could consummate their marriage? They're basically back at step 1 at the moment as the Lannisters retain power through Tommen (basically Cersei & Tywin).
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:29 am

I think it was because they knew Joffrey was a hindrance in their plan to become the main power in westeros. Margaery ended up marrying Tommen(or was getting married to him? can't remember) and we all saw that Tommen in the end was more close to Margaery than to Cersei.

IMO it was a risky plan. What if Joffrey doesn't drink at all? what then? Somehow it worked out

Just like somehow it worked out that Cersei accused Margaery of committing adultery where every evidence went against Cersei herself. Speaking of which, the fact they let the Hound live(might 'kill' him after?) means that the Mountain Vs The Hound might as well be in the cards in the next book.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:32 am

RealGunner wrote:Didn't that happen well after the wedding? Might still see it.

It loses its meaning due to Jaime being present at the wedding, which I believe they've done in order to further push Jaime and Cersei apart as he was physically present and unable to save their son.

I don't believe it's really that risky a plan, though the show perhaps makes it seem more so due to the contracted nature of the wedding. Remember that this was an extremely long affair which had been raging for several hours and wine is always a prominent part of such gatherings, with Margaery and Joffrey drinking from the same cup initially as a wedded couple. Plus it was Littlefinger who convinced Joffrey to hire the dwarves which was guaranteed to provoke Tyrion into incurring Joffrey's wrath. The wedding is also a far more populous and chaotic affair in the books making it far easier to obscure and manipulate movements than the isolated arrangement used in the show, which to my mind made Sansa's escape seem a bit far fetched.

Also I suppose the Tyrells wanted to formally tie Margaery to Joffrey as the Queen but perhaps wanted to maintain her status as a maiden to make a transition to Tommen easier?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 am

Joffrey is a sadistic pos. I think the Tyrells planned to make Tommen their puppet king and essentially rule the realm. Making Joffrey a puppet would be much harder since he is older and has a history of doing what he wants like cutting off Ned's head when his mother told him to send him to the Wall and abusing Sansa. And I know he appeared to be kind to Margaery but he was kind to Sansa too at first. he has a bad reputation and I don't think any of the Tyrells much fancy the idea of Margaery being the wife of a sadist. We saw how easily Tommen grew close to Margaery, a kid who plays with kittens is much easier to manipulate than an adolescent sadist.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 am

RealGunner wrote:Didn't that happen well after the wedding? Might still see it.

I don't see it happening sadly. Jaime berated the poverty Kingsguard for letting Joffrey die on their watch. In the show, Joffrey literally dies on Jaime's watch so he can't take the others to task since he would be as much if not more in fault for failing to protect the king since he is the Lord Commander and was present at the wedding. Still, I hope he at least demotes Boros Blount to Tommen's food taster Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:44 am

Question what is RG doing in this Thread when he hasn't read all the books yet ( or has he?)

The humiliation of Tyrion at the wedding was hard to watch, so glad Joffrey's dying thoughts were that his uncle killed him lol

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:50 am

He's read them ninja. Scrub still hasn't seen Star Wars though.

Also what did people think of the conversation between Loras and Jaime? In the books their first meeting was as Kingsguard and Commander. I first thought Jaime was going to try and convince him to join the guard out of the knowledge that he's a great knight and he feels inadequate himself, however the conversation very quickly backfired.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:14 am

So he's read them, but then he would know that the Mountain dies from the Red Viper's poison. Or am i confused?

I was caught a bit off guard too by how quickly the conversation deteriorated. Jaime's mood is understandable with regards to the TV series since he's not tapping Cersei atm, dem frustrations ( has to use untrained left  Laughing )

Edit: Da fuq RG hasn't watched Star Wars !! WHY!!

Last edited by Rossoneri Ninja on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:22 am

Oh, right. He's referring to the mysterious Ser Strong who is set to defend Cersei in her trial, who many believe to be the mountain reincarnated by Qyburn.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:28 am

ahh yes Qyburn, Cersei's creature.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:36 am

OK, there is something I want to discuss with you literate legends. Bran's vision.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/game-of-thrones/Bran%27s_Vision_Analysis

Despite watching the episode twice I completely missed what IGN is saying was Coldhands. Ffs I was afraid he would not appear on the show :bow:

Daenerys is the one who sees the frozen Iron Throne in the books. This must be important since GRRM has included this on the show. Maybe this means that the Others will reach up to King's Landing in winter.

The dragon flying over King's Landing, was it a vision or foreshadowing of the future? Was the dragon Drogon? Or foreshadowing that Daenerys or Aegon will arrive on King's Landing to take the throne?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am

When I initially saw the dragon I assumed it was foreshadowing the arrival of Dany - or whoever is riding the dragon - in future years.

I don't think the frozen throne necessarily means they'll reach that far, though when you think about it, with the North potentially highly disorganised, particularly if Stannis is killed in the next book, it could well be a possibility and when you think about it, if the White Walkers don't manage something very drastic people may view it as a bit of an anti-climax. Bran will use them to claim the Iron Throne for himself hmm
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:27 pm

I think they just recycled scenes due to the budget, it would be expensive to create many new flashes just for a split second showing. I wouldn't read too much into it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Question what is RG doing in this Thread when he hasn't read all the books yet ( or has he?)

The humiliation of Tyrion at the wedding was hard to watch, so glad Joffrey's dying thoughts were that his uncle killed him lol

I have read all the books mate. I just like to pretend I haven't and misguide the non-book people as much as possible Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Regarding Bran's vision

Initially I thought that the throne was actually the one Blood Ravel sits on where he is calling Bran from? Isn't that the case?

That doesn't look like the throne in Kings Landing to me.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:Regarding Bran's vision

Initially I thought that the throne was actually the one Blood Ravel sits on where he is calling Bran from? Isn't that the case?

That doesn't look like the throne in Kings Landing to me.

It is the Iron Throne in the Red Keep.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/game-of-thrones/thumb/0/01/Brans_vision_daenarys_winter_iron_throne.png/468px-Brans_vision_daenarys_winter_iron_throne.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:14 pm

wtf happened to those dragon bones
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

nvm just saw that scene again. That is kings landing indeed.

I remember reading this from somewhere. I don't think the throne will matter anymore in the end. The empty seat most likely symbolises that when the winter truly comes and the white walkers runs riot, there will be no kingdom in the end. GRR Martin said something about a bitter sweet ending.

Maybe it will be something like Westeros destroyed yet someone in the end sits on the throne without a kingdom.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:13 am

A friend suggested to me this morning that the scene with the frozen throne could potentially represent not the White Walkers but the revenge of the Starks in what ends up as a pyrrhic, meaningless victory.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next