goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 26 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:02 am

Euron Greyjoy is going to be a huge player and one of Dany's main enemies.

According to Moqorro, he sees many threats to Daenerys in the flames. He can only see their shadows and claims the one that casts the most danger is:

“A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood"

This is clearly Euron. And also there is something else that I completely missed at first.

Euron Greyjoy reportedly captured four warlocks leaving a ship from Qarth. Euron killed one for threatening him and then fed him to the three remaining warlocks. The surviving warlocks are reportedly coaching Euron in black magic.

While visiting Meereen, Xaro Xhoan Daxos informs Daenerys Targaryen that not all her enemies are in Yunkai. He warns her to "beware men with cold hearts and blue lips".

He tells her that she had not been gone a fortnight when Pyat Pree set out from Qarth with three of his fellow warlocks to seek her in Pentos, in order to seek revenge on her for the burning of the House of the Undying. This implies to readers that the warlocks are most likely the ones captured by Euron Greyjoy - who came across four warlocks when he captured a certain galleas out of Qarth.

So Euron was most likely trained by the Qartheen warlocks who want to take revenge on Dany for burning the House Of The Undying. I would not be too surprised if he does turn out to be Daario.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 26 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:06 am

There aren't many plot twists that could anger me as far as the story telling goes but Daario being Euron would be one of them. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:09 pm

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 26 10359557_683371828407544_4865813784466670624_n

Can't breathe. rofl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:33 am

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/18/david-benioff-dan-weiss-heading-dorne-season-5-strongest-season-yet/#comment-417311

If it's 3 more seasons only then expect major cuts. I don't think they will include Quentyn Martell for example.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 pm

I don't think we'll see major character cuts but just travelling time significantly decreased. No more Brienne and Pod searching for the Hound at the river lands. No spending time with Tyrion playing chess and marveling at giant turtles. Etc.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:47 pm

I read somewhere that the creators said no POV characters will be cut. In the leaked casting call Areo "The Camera" Hotah was included so if he's there, I guess it's safe to say everyone is (POV).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Tyrion's journey was absolutely magnificent. I would be gutted if they take off anything.

Also brienne's meeting with Septon Meribald was one of my favourite part. Specially his speech which was one of the best pieces of pure literature GRRM as ever written

pls dont omit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm

I recently found out that a theory that I myself came up with is widely accepted by the ASOIAF fandom. And that theory is that Jeor Mormont's raven is controlled/warged by Bloodraven. I suspected this in my first AGOT re read when the raven screams "Burn" when Jon is fighting the wight despite no one in the room saying burn. It's clearly not a normal raven. Then it also manipulated the Nights Watch to make Jon Lord Commander too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1lqjyu/spoilers_all_examining_bloodraven_part_5_corn/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm

I said that about 20 pages ago. M99 pls

Adding to that, When Joer's raven first saw jon. He kept on saying "king, king". Which was the first time he ever did iirc.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 pm

He rose and dressed in darkness, as Mormont’s raven muttered across the room. “Corn,” the bird said, and, “King,” and, “Snow, Jon Snow, Jon Snow.” That was queer. The bird had never said his full name before, as best Jon could recall.

Bloodraven probably knows about Jon being Rhaegar's son and rightful king of Westeros. If Rhaegar and Lyanna got married in front of a heart tree per Northern customs maybe Bran will also see it through weirwood.net.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:38 am

Sean Bean said in an interview that Ned is not Jon's father.

http://www.hypable.com/2011/06/21/sean-bean-wants-game-of-thrones-to-bring-him-back-teases-jon-snow-mother-mystery/

That’s another twist [to come]. It’s a great conundrum. Ned really knows who [Jon’s parents are], but he can’t let on. That’s why it’s such a moving moment, those poignant scenes I have with Kit Harington [who plays Jon], because I couldn’t say what I really thought. There are so many things I could have said, because there is a love there between the two of them, but I can’t express it as overtly as I can with the other children, who I can hold and kiss. Even if I were his true father, I can’t talk about it for fear of offending my wife, who’s really bitter about this. So it’s really a cruel situation. Through no fault of his own, Ned took on a lot by taking Jon in.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Rhaegar and Lyanna Proud

Sean Bean confirmation Proud

Also nice job M99 with Jeor's raven . It always had me curious in the past . I agree , you always got this notion that this raven was special. Though i've read it before , nice to know you were behind this (if i understood correctly)

But it has me in thoughts , as to what King Jon is meant to become , if that's what is going to happen .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 pm

M99 wrote:Sean Bean said in an interview that Ned is not Jon's father.

http://www.hypable.com/2011/06/21/sean-bean-wants-game-of-thrones-to-bring-him-back-teases-jon-snow-mother-mystery/

That’s another twist [to come]. It’s a great conundrum. Ned really knows who [Jon’s parents are], but he can’t let on. That’s why it’s such a moving moment, those poignant scenes I have with Kit Harington [who plays Jon], because I couldn’t say what I really thought. There are so many things I could have said, because there is a love there between the two of them, but I can’t express it as overtly as I can with the other children, who I can hold and kiss. Even if I were his true father, I can’t talk about it for fear of offending my wife, who’s really bitter about this. So it’s really a cruel situation. Through no fault of his own, Ned took on a lot by taking Jon in.

R+L=J is pretty much fact.

The only questions are how consentual it was, what Lyanna's promise request was, and how it will be revealed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:10 pm

The show has been very quiet on warging. They only show Bran as a warg and it's shocking at the amount of TV Show watchers who doesn't know that rest of the Stark kids are all wargs.

I don't think they have ever showed Arya warging into Nymeria or Jon into Snow?

Maybe it's a budget thing.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Lol just come across this

The black tom cat that Arya Stark chases in the red keep is believed to be Balerion, the cat owned by Rhaenys Targaryen.

Which *could* make Ser Pounce one of Balerion's children as they are similar in appearance.

I still maintain that Arya will warg into the cat to kill Tommen.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:The show has been very quiet on warging. They only show Bran as a warg and it's shocking at the amount of TV Show watchers who doesn't know that rest of the Stark kids are all wargs.

I don't think they have ever showed Arya warging into Nymeria or Jon into Snow?

Maybe it's a budget thing.
In fairness the stark kids don't know it themselves, they just know they have wolf dreams and a close relationship with them.

Also Bran's warging seems to be naturally more powerful, not just because he trained it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:00 pm

I only watched only the GOT series. Will i be able to understand the fourth book without reading the first 3 ?

Or do i have to read the first 3 before starting the Feast with Crows?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Too many changes, too many additional characters and stuff. You can't skip the 3rd book and you shouldn't skip the 2nd book. Imo the only book you can skip is the first book but to be honest if you don't enjoy reading all the books - why do you want to read the last two books? If you just want to know what happens I guess you can look that up a lot faster.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Yea what Zigra said.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:26 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:I only watched only the GOT series. Will i be able to understand the fourth book without reading the first 3 ?

Or do i have to read the first 3 before starting the Feast with Crows?
There's too many changes. You could potentially start at the third book only, but I'd recommend you read from the beginning.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:58 am

I was so excited and amazed when I found these videos that my first thought was to share them with you guys. I don't know if these videos have been posted before and if they have I apologise in advance.

So to the point. I've found these EPIC, EPIC videos that are the animated shorts for each season of Game of Thrones. In other words, each season is presented in an over an hour animated video. The clips include A LOT of details that have been cut out of the show and the best part of it is that the ACTUAL actors of the show narrate the story. So you get to hear the events from the point of view of Stark's, Lannister's, Baratheon's, Targaryen's and so on.

Skip it to the point where the intro guy shuts up.

Have fun Smile

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Lol just come across this

The black tom cat that Arya Stark chases in the red keep is believed to be Balerion, the cat owned by Rhaenys Targaryen.

Which *could* make Ser Pounce one of Balerion's children as they are similar in appearance.

I still maintain that Arya will warg into the cat to kill Tommen.

This is what Martin said when he was asked whether the cat Arya chased was Balerion.

Could be.

From A Game Of Thrones, what a gold cloak tell Arya.

That's the real king of this castle right there … Older than sin and twice as mean. One time, the king was feasting the queen's father, and that black bastard hopped up on the table and snatched a roast quail right out of Lord Tywin's fingers. Robert laughed so hard he like to burst. You stay away from that one, child.

From ASOIAF Wiki.

Balerion is a black cat with a torn ear. As a kitten, he was owned by Rhaenys Targaryen, who liked to pretend he was the dragon Balerion. After her death, the whereabouts of the cat are unknown,[1] though many readers believe he is the vicious one-eared black tom Arya Stark chases in A Game of Thrones, who pesters Tommen Baratheon and his kittens in A Dance with Dragons, and who has been known to attack ravens in the rookery of the Red Keep.[2]

I'm pretty sure it is Balerion but he can't be Ser Pounce's father considering he terrorises him and the other kittens. He seems to dislike Lannisters too which is understandable hmm So people have a theory that he is warged by Bloodraven to keep an eye on King's Landing lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:13 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/28zbhg/spoilers_all_waking_dragons_out_of_stone/

Melisandre will burn Shireen so that her death can pay for Jon's life. With a sacrifice of king's blood, she will wake a dragon (Jon Targaryen) from stone (Greyscale-ridden Shireen).

This is a very interesting theory. Very well documented too.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:31 pm

None bothered watching the clips I posted Laughing

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:55 pm

They are 3 hours long lol. Plus I don't think they have anything new which I already don't know about.

Regarding history, waiting for the A world of Ice and fire.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/28zbhg/spoilers_all_waking_dragons_out_of_stone/

Melisandre will burn Shireen so that her death can pay for Jon's life. With a sacrifice of king's blood, she will wake a dragon (Jon Targaryen) from stone (Greyscale-ridden Shireen).

This is a very interesting theory. Very well documented too.

Yea that's the general consensus of what will happen. Read that few months ago. It's interesting though because Melisandre will have to do this in secret. Plus there will be a war going on between the Pro Jon and Anti Jon. Anti Jon are a massive force.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next