Swanhends
S
Dnmac4
Lex
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 4 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:10 pm

It goes with us as well

I have no problem supporting Newcastle in EL for example

inb4 they are our rivals for midtable

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 4 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 pm

they are your rivals for midtable tho :coffee: eco smile

I don't think you'd even find media in spain supporting both barca/madrid in europe but thats probably because there are three or so major news outlets based in the region where these archrivals play. I think they are in different to other laliga teams so am I tbh

I just dont want to see those midgets guts anywhere near the latter stage of the European cup Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:03 pm

If it was like Valencia/Sevilla/Atletico, then yeh, it'd kinda make sense to support them in Europe.

However Barca, nah, they are our biggest rivals in the World. We compete with them mainly and if they're winning things, then that means we need to improve.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Too many English teams play like its a PL game and not a CL game.... the difference between the too is massive in the way the game is played not necessarily the quality but the tactical level.

I know its the EL and its Anzhi and not Real Madrid lol but i found this quote quite telling.

Anzhi on NUFC "Newcastle actually didn't play a Premier League game, they played a European game."

Only really Man Utd understood that this season its not that surprising.

Its ok we will dominate EL stead smoking
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 am

epl is crap.

take away the foreign owners, players, and managers and that league is a joke. perhaps a level about the SPL but nothing more.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 am

Rossonero23 wrote:epl is crap.

take away the foreign owners, players, and managers and that league is a joke. perhaps a level about the SPL but nothing more.

Take away the players and managers? i think your find no league would exist without players and managers mate Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:59 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Take away the players and managers? i think your find no league would exist without players and managers mate Laughing

Touche.Smile

I was only joking. EPL is fine, just a off year.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:04 am

Brazil, mole :tea:

I'd be interested to see how leagues would fare if this were the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:11 am

Messi would certainly score more than Pele in the Argentinian league hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 am

Rossonero23 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Touche.Smile

I was only joking. EPL is fine, just a off year.

I think its more than that tbf there is a tactical problem when it comes to the European stage.

Also my bad, my lack of sleep is hindering my joke/sarcasm radar :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 am

There's nothing wrong with English sides.

City is too inexperienced and their manager is useless in Europe.
United were favourites to beat Madrid but Nani's sending off switched the favour.
Can't explain Chelsea.
Arsenal is Arsenal. They play for the money - they don't play to win. Although, they were unfortunate getting Bayern.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:14 am

ynwa wrote:There's nothing wrong with English sides.

ynwa wrote:City is too inexperienced and their manager is useless in Europe.
United were favourites to beat Madrid but Nani's sending off switched the favour.
Can't explain Chelsea.
Arsenal is Arsenal. They play for the money - they don't play to win. Although, they were unfortunate getting Bayern.

When you're giving the reasons as to why they're failing in Europe there has to be something wrong then.You seem rather confused yourself with this post of yours.

And Arsenal werent 'unfortunate' by any means to draw Bayern.Its their fault for finishing 2nd in the group and i'd also go ahead and say they would've struggled to get past any of the sides they could've drawn in the Round of 16.(Maybe Malaga is probably the easiest side they could've drawn but the rest of them would've been tough to get past too).
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:41 am

Chelsea and Man City's groups group had 2 top teams.Juventus and Shakhtar and Real madrid and Dortmund.These weren't exactly patchwork amateur teams from the Faroe Islands

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:42 am

But lets face it,EPL's golden patch in the CL was tainted with Calciopoli

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Stormer77 wrote:Chelsea and Man City's groups group had 2 top teams.Juventus and Shakhtar and Real madrid and Dortmund.These weren't exactly patchwork amateur teams from the Faroe Islands
Dortmund's group had even three top teams in it (I won't consider Ajax as scrubs). So what?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Milan's group had to 2 great teams, Malaga and Zenit :I'munoriginal:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Stormer77 wrote:Chelsea and Man City's groups group had 2 top teams.Juventus and Shakhtar and Real madrid and Dortmund.These weren't exactly patchwork amateur teams from the Faroe Islands

City couldn't even win against Ajax. I wonder whether they are considered a top team now hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Even when LFC,MUFC,Arsenal and Chelsea where constantly making the last 16 of the CL and in further,at the same time,the likes of Everton,Villa,Spurs,Bolton,Blackburn,Man City where failing hopelessly in the UEFA Cup.Outside of the old big 4,none of the other EPL clubs have consistantly done anything of note in Europe

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Middlesborough made the UEFA cup final in 2006. Fulham made the Uefa Cup Final in 2008...

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:Middlesborough made the UEFA cup final in 2006. Fulham made the Uefa Cup Final in 2008...

once off flash in the pans

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:08 pm

:facepalm: RG, take the same advice you gave Dani the other day, this dude is must have a few screws loose (at the very least).

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Obviously we can't disagree with your opinion

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 pm

RG gave TWO examples and you called a (and I quote you) "once off flash in the pans." How do you expect me (or anyone, for that matter) to take your opinion seriously?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:04 pm

They where.

Sevilla won the UEFA Cup in 2006 and did it in 2007.They've made 2 CL round of 16 appearances and won a UEFA Super Cup.Not some flash in the pan!!

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:06 pm

This topic is about the English Premier league in general, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Well its "failures",yes

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next