Swanhends
S
Dnmac4
Lex
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 5 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Well its "failures",yes

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 5 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Fulham made the final in 2010.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Three-off flashes in three pans.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am

Surag wrote:
ynwa wrote:There's nothing wrong with English sides.

ynwa wrote:City is too inexperienced and their manager is useless in Europe.
United were favourites to beat Madrid but Nani's sending off switched the favour.
Can't explain Chelsea.
Arsenal is Arsenal. They play for the money - they don't play to win. Although, they were unfortunate getting Bayern.

When you're giving the reasons as to why they're failing in Europe there has to be something wrong then.You seem rather confused yourself with this post of yours.

And Arsenal werent 'unfortunate' by any means to draw Bayern.Its their fault for finishing 2nd in the group and i'd also go ahead and say they would've struggled to get past any of the sides they could've drawn in the Round of 16.(Maybe Malaga is probably the easiest side they could've drawn but the rest of them would've been tough to get past too).

I'm not confused nothing.

There's nothing wrong with the English sides. It has more to do with the managers than the squad itself.

For example, both the Manchester clubs have an arguable stronger side than Juventus yet one struggled to get out of the group and the other is already out of the competition in the round of 16...

Also, Arsenal got put up against the strongest side in the competition lol. For a team that's struggling in the PL to get top four, they were always going to find it difficult in Europe's greatest league. Especially being put up against the team favourite to win it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 am

ynwa wrote:For example, both the Manchester clubs have an arguable stronger side than Juventus yet one struggled to get out of the group and the other is already out of the competition in the round of 16...

No.Especially City , there's no way they're stronger than Juve,overall our team is better while City have a bunch of overpaid superstars with no chemistry ,tactics and far weaker than Juve on defense and midfield.With that said,Squad strength means sod all to me.Tactics and team work are equally important when you want to amends in the Champions League.

There's nothing wrong with the English sides. It has more to do with the managers than the squad itself.

This is a poor excuse quite frankly.So just because Mancini's team failed in Europe so the whole problems come down to the managers associated with EPL sides then ? Absolutely not.

Also, Arsenal got put up against the strongest side in the competition lol. For a team that's struggling in the PL to get top four, they were always going to find it difficult in Europe's greatest league. Especially being put up against the team favourite to win it.

Whats your point then ? Yes,Arsenal are not a top side ,do we agree ? What are you trying to say here ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am

Arsenal don't deserve to be in the CL is what I'm saying. They play for the cash from the tournament, they put no real intent of winning the damn thing.

Secondly, your first point is basically agreeing with me. Man City's manager, Mancini, is useless. Any decent manager would make that team a force. And yes, they do have an arguably better squad - quality wise anyway than you do lol.

And it's not just Mancini. I'm skeptical about both SAF and Wenger in Europe too. Chelsea under RDM did fine just couldn't get a win. I guess their luck of last season ran out. Although I'm certain both games were equal when they played your lot and Chelsea is inferior to both Manchester sides.

The day English sides get better managers in, you'll start seeing the "quality" from the English sides.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am

ynwa wrote:Arsenal don't deserve to be in the CL is what I'm saying. They play for the cash from the tournament, they put no real intent of winning the damn thing.

Another poor excuse.Its because they are simply not good enough.Not up to CL standard.

Secondly, your first point is basically agreeing with me. Man City's manager, Mancini, is useless. Any decent manager would make that team a force. And yes, they do have an arguably better squad - quality wise anyway than you do lol.

I am just reminding you the fact that you have to look beyond star names ,you know the aguero's and the Tevez's when the fact is they are not top quality in defense and midfield.They are weak in those areas.Juventus on paper overall are a better side than City either ways.(Anyway this point is moot and doesnt mean shit ,thats not how the CL works)

And it's not just Mancini. I'm skeptical about both SAF and Wenger in Europe too. Chelsea under RDM did fine just couldn't get a win. I guess their luck of last season ran out. Although I'm certain both games were equal when they played your lot and Chelsea is inferior to both Manchester sides.

More excuses.You have to move on and accept the cold hard truth that there are simply better teams in other leagues than all these 'top' English sides.Its not just one or two ,there are many of them.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 am

And if you are so obsessed with analyzing teams on paper,Dortmund 'on paper' are better than any EPL side.

Facht
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 am

Whatever floats your boat.

And Arsenal aren't good enough. You can say it 10 times, I'm going to agree with it. Stop wasting your own time lol.

The only area where I'd say Juventus is better is defence, and that's only because Kompany has struggled with injuries all season. Their midfield is better than yours as is their attack....

Anyway, don't be surprised if Mourinho goes to City next season and kicks Juventus out of the competition.

Also, I'm not saying the English sides are better. I'm just sick of the fact that La Liga sides / Serie A sides are going on all about "English aren't that good etc" and keep bashing on them when nobody is saying they're the best yet have as good as any side on paper. The only thing stopping them from being a threat is not having competent managers.

Also, what makes Juventus so good? I really do want to know what makes them one of the best sides in the world when they've done nothing incredible in Europe. They're basically the United side of Italy...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 am

Surag wrote:And if you are so obsessed with analyzing teams on paper,Dortmund 'on paper' are better than any EPL side.

Facht

Again based on what? Because they beat City?

lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:49 am

I'm not going to argue with you anymore.You take the cake for the most delusional poster on this forum.

Peace out.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 am

Again says the guy that thinks both Juventus AND Dortmund are the best sides in Europe despite only dominating their own leagues (with Bayern twatting Dortmund this season) and doing *bleep* all in Europe. Is that not similiar to United? lol

But stay mad because you hate the English and I compared your side to an English team.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:54 am

I'm not mad and its just not based on today that i call you delusional.I've been observing your comments for a while and it seems like you've been lost out of touch with reality.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:56 am

ynwa wrote:Again says the guy that thinks both Juventus AND Dortmund are the best sides in Europe despite only dominating their own leagues (with Bayern twatting Dortmund this season) and doing *bleep* all in Europe. Is that not similiar to United? lol

But stay mad because you hate the English and I compared your side to an English team.

I dint call them the best.There are 3 sides clearly better than them in Madrid,Barca and Bayern.

I'm not going to argue in Juventus' case but Dortmund for me are better than any English team.(Maybe United might be slightly better but its very close).Basically it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 am

Bayern and Barca are comfortably the best two. With that said, United is just as good as Madrid if not better.

They would of beat them if Nani didn't get sent off. (Which was a red as there was a contact although it wasn't intentional.)

I'm sick of this "they're English so they're shit" attitude. I really am. And the worst part is you guys try to make it out to sound like the English are responsible for saying the English sides are the best teams in the world.

Anyway, I've never said the English sides were the best. I've said with a competent manager at City they'd definitely challenge.

I just don't see how either Dortmund OR Juventus are better than United...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:13 am

Please dont bring Juve into this.I am not Messiah ,i dont like overrating the team i support.I,like most Juventus fans have our feet firmly on the ground.

If by saying United and all the other 'top' English sides are better than Juve makes you feel better then fair enough.I'd agree with you.

Last edited by Surag on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:14 am

ynwa wrote:And the worst part is you guys try to make it out to sound like the English are responsible for saying the English sides are the best teams in the world.

It is the case,sadly.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 am

In my opinion,

Juve have a far better GK and back line than any EPL team that is a fact.Our midfield is probably better than most.Strike force isn't as good as Man United's,but would probably be a somewhere near the top.

Our manager is a better tactitian than the predictable 4-4-2 robots of English football

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:17 am

ynwa wrote:

JUVENTUS ARE 18 games unbeaten in UEFA competitions.Man City's longest unbeaten run was 18 minutes.

So when did Man City go a whole season unbeaten?

Buffon has won a World Cup,call me when Joe Hart wins one.

Man City's team are full of overpriced,overhyped English players like Gareth Barry,James Milner,Lescott,Rodwell.None hold a candle to Chiellini,Bonucci,Pirlo,Giovinco and Marchisio.

Then you have Tevez who plays between his golf events.

Yaya Toure got benched for a 19 year old kid at Barcelona

Javi Garcia is a Real Madrid reject

Nastisic has been exposed.He was made to look good at Fiorentina by Gamberini.

What has Kompany done at International or CL level?

Buffon won CL Player Of The Year in 2003,a GOALKEEPER!!!!!!

Last time Pirlo and Marchisio where on the same pitch with Milner and Barry,Italy played England off the park.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 am

All the CL team's EPL squads are definitely good enough to win the CL imo. There's nothing wrong with the squads.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 am

Yohan Modric wrote:All the CL team's EPL squads are definitely good enough to win the CL imo. There's nothing wrong with the squads.

No.

And for the nth time ,that is not how CL works.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:59 am

Quality is needed as well to win the CL.

Which squads aren't good enough?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:16 am

Stormer77 wrote:In my opinion,

Our manager is a better tactitian than the predictable 4-4-2 robots of English football

Can't believe how ignorant you are.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:17 am

ynwa wrote:Arsenal don't deserve to be in the CL is what I'm saying. They play for the cash from the tournament, they put no real intent of winning the damn thing.

wtf ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:56 am

RealGunner wrote:
Stormer77 wrote:In my opinion,

Can't believe how ignorant you are.

I watch all 4 major European leagues.When it comes to tactics,EPL is either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Spanish and Italian teams get tested by teams playing different formations and styles in their domestic leagues.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Quality is needed as well to win the CL.

Which squads aren't good enough?

But it is also not the only thing needed to win it.Tactics,team work,chemistry are equally important as well and that is what defines a top quality team basically.

For me only City and United seem like good teams on paper.Chelsea have an imbalanced team and Arsenal are simply not good enough ,its time to accept reality.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next