Swanhends
S
Dnmac4
Lex
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 3 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 am

Well, Schalke know their only way to garner money is pulling themselves together, as reaching 4th place in the BL for a new shot at the CL next season is practically a must, while the next round of the CL also gives about 3.9 Mio Euros in bonuses from the UEFA alone.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 3 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by S Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 am

rwo power wrote:Well, I decided I will only start gloating if all three German teams manage to reach the semi final ^^

Big big chance of seeing an all German Quarter Final provided Schalke go through ofcourse.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 am

Is it too soon to start naming our 'dream' QF draws??

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 pm

@Surag

Yeah, I fear Bayern drawn vs Dortmund, although Schalke vs Dortmund might be amazing, as the Revierderby on CL level would be something mindblowing ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Its amazing how country co-efficients and League X having multiple semi and quarter-finalists has led to people supporting their domestic rivals UEFA competitions to "fly the flag" for their favourite league(s). Impossible to imagine 10,20,30 years ago.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Well, TBH, no club I support, or is a derby rival of a club I support, is playing in Europe so I really don't have to decide between supporting club, or league.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Stormer77 wrote:Its amazing how country co-efficients and League X having multiple semi and quarter-finalists has led to people supporting their domestic rivals UEFA competitions to "fly the flag" for their favourite league(s). Impossible to imagine 10,20,30 years ago.

Doesn't happen in England or Spain. Mainly seen that in Italy atm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Stormer77 wrote:Its amazing how country co-efficients and League X having multiple semi and quarter-finalists has led to people supporting their domestic rivals UEFA competitions to "fly the flag" for their favourite league(s). Impossible to imagine 10,20,30 years ago.

WRONG!! Its England who first made all the racket and obsession about having 3 CL semi or quarter finalists

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Doesn't happen in England or Spain. Mainly seen that in Italy atm
English fans support their league more than anyone else RG Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:59 pm

La liga fans are humble and respectful Proud
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Doesn't happen in England or Spain. Mainly seen that in Italy atm

They don't. You won't see an Arsenal fan supporting united in the CL. Or a Chelsea fan supporting Arsenal.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Stormer77 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

WRONG!! Its England who first made all the racket and obsession about having 3 CL semi or quarter finalists

Media =/= the fans
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

They don't. You won't see an Arsenal fan supporting united in the CL. Or a Chelsea fan supporting Arsenal.

But according to you,a Roma fan supports Juventus in the CL,sure,whatever.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Stormer77 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Media =/= the fans

True.Fair Enough. The media of England,Spain,Italy and Germany love taking swipes at one another.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Stormer77 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

But according to you,a Roma fan supports Juventus in the CL,sure,whatever.

Yea, just see juventus fans supporting Milan against barca for example
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 pm

There is a famous quote that the only day Italians come together as one to support each other is when Gli Azzurri play. Other than that, its true that Italians love to see their fellow Italians go far unlike any other league in the world. You don't see Chelsea fans and Arsenal fans rooting for Man Utd, or Barca and Madrd rooting for one another. It's a really unique characteristic.

FFS I even supported Inter, Napoli, and Lazio of all teams even though I hate all three of them in the league.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:17 pm

if Mancini had a brain.. if
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Stormer77 wrote:So where are all the EPL fan boys running to defend the league of a country who haven't won an international trophy since 1966

you clearly forgot the part when they won UCL from 1975 to 1982, also bossed it in the 80s but got suspended 8 years by uefa

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I don't think any arsenal fan cheered for United or Citeh in the UCL
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:15 pm

And I thought this was mainly a Bundesliga quirk ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Lets not take this forum into account of how Italians support Serie A clubs within Europe. Most of the Juventus fans aren't even Italian as it continues to baffle me how Serie A club supporters can manage to support their rival Italian teams here as growing up in Italia along with knowing many Italians, its certainly is not the case. Media is even worse as they bank on their rival teams losing. It must be an exception.

aleumdance wrote:
Stormer77 wrote:So where are all the EPL fan boys running to defend the league of a country who haven't won an international trophy since 1966

you clearly forgot the part when they won UCL from 1975 to 1982, also bossed it in the 80s but got suspended 8 years by uefa

It was 5 years, not 8. And the only relevantly strong team within the ban was the great Everton who already had internal problems of their own along with a rapid decline. Liverpool as a whole were on their last legs since Fagan was bound to leave disaster or no disaster.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

The generalizations in this thread are getting out of hand :facepalm:

Everything in life does not have to have a meaning behind it (and this is coming from me), there are times when things do not go one leagues (or teams) way and I chalk that up to life being life.

I will leave you lot to it....*runs into kitchen to prepare some kettle corn popcorn...

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:39 pm

rwo power wrote:
And I thought this was mainly a Bundesliga quirk ^^

It is.

Almost every fan that supports a club from the Bundesliga on this forum, cheer on the Bundesliga teams in Europe.

Though it is somewhat understandable do to the fact that most of y'all support your local clubs, and you have no rivals in Europe to worry about.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Casciavit wrote:Though it is somewhat understandable do to the fact that most of y'all support your local clubs, and you have no rivals in Europe to worry about.
True. If I would wait for RWO to get anywhere near Europe, I probably would have to wait until the sun becomes a red giant Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Though it is somewhat understandable do to the fact that most of y'all support your local clubs, and you have no rivals in Europe to worry about.

This exactly, I would never support clubs like Hansa Rostock or Kickers Offenbach in Europe.
They will never play in Europe, though. Very Happy

There are no clubs I have beef with who have a decent shot of making it into Europe. I would never cheer on serious rivals in Europe though, coefficient points or not.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:10 pm

It goes with us as well

I have no problem supporting Newcastle in EL for example

inb4 they are our rivals for midtable
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next