Swanhends
S
Dnmac4
Lex
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 8 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Arsenal in it for the prize money a ridiculous statement. Granted, they have said that they are comfortable with 4th in the table (which grants you access to the CL).

Any team comprised of professional athletes is in it to win it. I don't give a f*ck where they are from or who the manager is, pride and competitive spirit is the difference (aside from class) between most pros and pub leaguers.

Laughable smoking

The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 8 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 pm

king_alex10 wrote:Arsenal in it for the prize money a ridiculous statement. Granted, they have said that they are comfortable with 4th in the table (which grants you access to the CL).

Any team comprised of professional athletes is in it to win it. I don't give a f*ck where they are from or who the manager is, pride and competitive spirit is the difference (aside from class) between most pros and pub leaguers.

Laughable smoking
Ah. I see. But they are in the EPL only to achieve a 4th place finish. It doesn't sound as if they are to keen on winning the thing.

Last edited by rwo power on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Quick question: does anyone know when the co-efficient points that have been accumulated this will be released?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:24 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Quick question: does anyone know when the co-efficient points that have been accumulated this will be released?
It gets updated on every matchday but why ?

If you are so interested to know the co-efficient points accumulated by the Top 4 leagues so far.Here it goes :

For this season,in order:
1.Spain -15.571
2.Germany -15.071
3.Italy-13.416
4.England-13.285

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 pm

This practical ranking breaks down the points the clubs bring in:
http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/ccoef2013.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Ah i thought they put it out at the end of the season or something, just wanted to see where England stood. Thanks guys
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm

rwo power wrote:
king_alex10 wrote:Arsenal in it for the prize money a ridiculous statement. Granted, they have said that they are comfortable with 4th in the table (which grants you access to the CL).

Laughable smoking
Ah. I see. But they are in the EPL only to achieve a 4th place finish. It doesn't sound as if they are to keen on winning the thing.

But the difference is this: A team goes into every competition they play in, if they are indeed professional athletes, believing they can win. The board saying that a 4th place finish is acceptable/the clubs goal is different than the players going out and competing to win.

I do not condone settling for a position in the table. If Juventus management came out and said were OK with 5th place, id be pissed as hell. But i would also know that the players would go out and compete to win every match they suit up to play.

Or am I naive to think that Arsenal players are pros who want to compete?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Spot on, king_alex10, if Arsenal were aiming to place 4th (meaning that it is their goal to finish 4th), I would think they would end up finishing towards the middle/bottom of the table. The board say that 4th is acceptable only means that it is the worst case scenario in which they can still feel somewhat accomplished. I am sure they are not content with this, they are just aware that they do not have a roster which commands a 1st place finish. There is a difference between being pessimistic and realistic about your goals, while every team has dreams of finishing first, it would be foolish for some teams to expect this... "Expectations are resentments waiting to happen" - if a team like Fulham (with its current roster) expects to win the league, they would find themselves disappointed and morale would be down. In sports and life it is important to be self aware and honest with one self.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:Spot on, king_alex10, if Arsenal were aiming to place 4th (meaning that it is their goal to finish 4th), I would think they would end up finishing towards the middle/bottom of the table. The board say that 4th is acceptable only means that it is the worst case scenario in which they can still feel somewhat accomplished. I am sure they are not content with this, they are just aware that they do not have a roster which commands a 1st place finish. There is a difference between being pessimistic and realistic about your goals, while every team has dreams of finishing first, it would be foolish for some teams to expect this... "Expectations are resentments waiting to happen" - if a team like Fulham (with its current roster) expects to win the league, they would find themselves disappointed and morale would be down. In sports and life it is important to be self aware and honest with one self.

To use Fulham as an example, I am sure they go into every match thinking they have a chance to win and each player probably believes in their heart that they can be the best player on the pitch.

The sad truth though is that cream rises to the top eventually and that is what separates men from boys (great teams from good teams).
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Do you think Fulham would be disappointed with a Europa League spot? I don't think every team goes into a match with the expectation of winning, but they know with hard work and determination, it is a possibility. That is why some teams can consider a draw as a (morale) victory. If Fulham takes a point from Manchester United, they might very well be content with that point (although that can all depend on how the game played out). In other words, if you set that bar too high, you will set yourself up for failure and that can severely effect team morale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm

If Arsenal weren't content with finishing in the top 4 and wanted to win the title, drastic actions would have been taken years ago. They seem happy finishing in the top 4 every year.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:If Arsenal weren't content with finishing in the top 4 and wanted to win the title, drastic actions would have been taken years ago. They seem happy finishing in the top 4 every year.

Is that the players fault?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 am

Surag wrote:You're getting all sensitive now,maybe you might even start crying so i'll stop.It was fun arguing with you btw Smile

And apologies if i came across as rude to you in any of my posts because i had no intention 'in attacking you' like you claim.

You keep acting as if you're top shit on here lol.

You're a joke. You take absolutely nothing from what people argue against and just reply with "you're delusional" to those you disaagree with you. You may want to look in a mirror, bud. You're the only delusional one in this thread. Juventus are not the best thing coming out of Europe right now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 am

RealGunner wrote:
ynwa wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

wtf ?

Come on RG. Arsenal is basically the only team I respect in the BPL but surely you can't say that they actually go into the Champions League with the mind-set that they're going to try and win it. They only want to get pass out of the group for the 20m pound prize and see what happens from there...

No, that's completely false. We have never gone into the CL for the prize money, it's audaciously inaccurate. We always try to win it and just because we don't have the right team and players for it doesn't make us go into it for the money. We sacrificed the FA cup which was a more realistic chance of winning for the CL. We give it our best every single year and always lose to the better team in the end.

Saying we just go in for the money is laughable. We are the 5th richest club in the world lol

You've had one of the best sides to ever play in Europe in the last decade. You were unlucky to not to beat Barcelona in the final, granted. I'm not saying you guys didn't want it then. The present is a different story though. The whole mind-set has changed.

You can't say that Arsenal players right now play in the Champions League to try and win it. I just can't see it. Your players hardly put no effort into it and Wenger's objective in the last few years have been to make the top four. And that's the only thing your players focus on now. Getting into the top four. You don't even take take domestic trophys serious nowadays.

I mean, I see more effort from your players playing against the likes of Wigan, Newcastle etc than you do against the Olympiacos team and Bayern. Your players are way too static in the CL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 am

ynwa wrote:
Surag wrote:You're getting all sensitive now,maybe you might even start crying so i'll stop.It was fun arguing with you btw Smile

And apologies if i came across as rude to you in any of my posts because i had no intention 'in attacking you' like you claim.

You keep acting as if you're top shit on here lol.

You're a joke. You take absolutely nothing from what people argue against and just reply with "you're delusional" to those you disaagree with you. You may want to look in a mirror, bud. You're the only delusional one in this thread. Juventus are not the best thing coming out of Europe right now.

You responding in an insulting way doesnt make you a bigger man either.

Please tell me where have i claimed Juventus is one of the best sides in Europe.I said Juve have have a world class midfield and defense(Its not just me ,its the general consensus) for which your response was a 'LOL' which dint add anything to the discussion either.

Here it is :
Surag wrote:
ynwa wrote:But when I say about the same thing to Juventus you get mad? Why is that?

You have a well balanced team with a number of players with quality. But your team isn't all that. And your attack is average too. Yet you guys manage to be ranked up as the best in Europe just behind Bayern and Barca....

I dont need to say that myself.The general consensus is that Juventus' midfield and defense is World Class.

ynwa wrote:Lol. K.

And just to be clear, i firmly believe we are not at the level of Bayern,Barca or Madrid at the moment.United and Dortmund are better than us too but its not a huge difference in my opinion.But i dont see anything overly wrong when i claim that we are a better team than City.This is all i have got to say.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:15 am

I said City's squad is as good as yours... that does not mean you're inferior to them, genius. I mean, the intake in players they have has the potential to be a very good side with a competant manager. I am not saying they are one of the best in the world before you start putting words in my mouth again.

You also said you only see Bayern, Real and Barcelona better than your lot. That would mean you're one of the better sides in Europe. I mean, only 3 teams in all of Europe is better than you. That's when you claimed that you have a world class defence and midfield. I mentioned United as being better than you as there more experienced in Europe and proved that in the last 5 years. There's no point looking at last year. They were in two CL finals before it and should of been one of the favourites this season if Nani didn't get sent off. Then you went on to say I said the EPL is superior to every league.

Also, why do you people listen to a channel that sponsors the EPL? Obviously fox sports comentators are going to favour the league over others. They need to promote the league ffs. It's part of their rights they have on the contract.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 am

ynwa wrote:
You also said you only see Bayern, Real and Barcelona better than your lot. That would mean you're one of the better sides in Europe. I mean, only 3 teams in all of Europe is better than you. That's when you claimed that you have a world class defence and midfield

No thats not true.You have assumed it wrongly.Let me dig up some more quotes from this thread.

Surag wrote:No they dont.How many times this should be told to you ?

For all of Chelsea's 'dazzling' AM's ,they just have too many holes in their team.And pls dont bring their triumph of last season ,lets be honest they got incredibly lucky too without taking away the credit from their success.Besides to win CL you need some amount of luck to go your way too especially with inferior squads.

When i look through that Arsenal lineup ,i cant see any WC players in there.Wilshere and Cazorla are the only players who i would call borderline WC but the rest arent Arsenal material.Average at best.

So i advise you to pls get off that console and accept the reality.

And this was your response to my post.

ynwa wrote:But when I say about the same thing to Juventus you get mad? Why is that?

You have a well balanced team with a number of players with quality. But your team isn't all that. And your attack is average too. Yet you guys manage to be ranked up as the best in Europe just behind Bayern and Barca....

But what i actually meant here is not that Juventus are one of the best in Europe but they do have top class players in the team which is why we are doing well in response to your comment.I wonder who's making assumptions or who's putting words in their mouth now.You're getting too hostile for me to actually have a proper discussion here but i'll try to be as civil as possible.

And i have also admitted that United and Dortmund are better than us.So i dont know what you're trying to say here.

ynwa wrote:I said City's squad is as good as yours... that does not mean you're inferior to them, genius. I mean, the intake in players they have has the potential to be a very good side with a competant manager. I am not saying they are one of the best in the world before you start putting words in my mouth again.

This post just shows you are backtracking.Let me dig up one of your earlier posts again.

Secondly, your first point is basically agreeing with me. Man City's manager, Mancini, is useless. Any decent manager would make that team a force. And yes, they do have an arguably better squad - quality wise anyway than you do lol.

Which i dint agree with basically.Thats about it.

I hope i put this squabbling to an end anyways.Its getting too petty and tiresome.Perhaps it will be better to revisit this thread some time later.And for sure this is my last post here.Peace.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 am

Again. Squad is a key word there.

You'd probably kill them with Mancini as manager. He's one of the worst tacticians in the game today. Put a tactican with a clear strategy and can get them all playing together and you'll see a massive difference in that team. They have one of the most talented lists in the world. Which doesn't mean much if you're not managed properly... which is evident by the results in the CL this season.

Also the moment I mentioned United and City you replied with "No. Especially City." Which means you rate Juventus higher than United. And definitely higher than City. So stop saying shit like "I admitted United is better and Dortmund too." You also never replied to my post. What makes Dortmund arguably one of the better squads then? And stop replying with "I'm not going to argue with you anymore" as that's like 4 pages old. I also forgot to add Dortmund as a better team than you in your head. Does that mean only 4 teams in Europe are better than you in your opinion?

Also, my reply to you when I said "But when I say about the same thing to Juventus you get mad? Why is that?" was to what you responded too. Aka Yohan Modrics saying

However I think Chelsea and Arsenal do have a good enough squad to win the CL. Not every team is balanced. Juve don't have the best attack, however they're still good. Barca's defense isn't the best nowadays etc etc.

Hence you rejecting HIS opinion and taking it with a pinch of salt. He felt Arsenal and Chelsea have a chance in winning it. He didn't say they were favourites. He just said that there's a chance with the unpredictability in the CL. That's the same as you saying Juventus have a chance to win it and stating you have "world class players". I don't feel Juventus or Dortmund are guaranteed to be favourites for the thing yet you answered in a biased way as you obviously hate English sides and the EPL in general. I don't think Juventus nor Dortmund have the experience enough to win it let alone make it to the finals.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:10 am

*sighs* People, if things get so vitriolic, this thread is better odd locked.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8