Swanhends
S
Dnmac4
Lex
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 7 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:14 am

Surag wrote:I'm not going to argue with you anymore.You take the cake for the most delusional poster on this forum.

Peace out.

hmm

Is this an example of "A rock in between a hard place"?

Y'all should really just give why while you're both this far behind, although some would argue this has reach a point of no return.

Back to top Go down

A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf - Page 7 Empty Re: A staggering fact: no EPL club in UCL qf

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:18 am

But there's nothing to suggest their world class if they've done nothing in Europe. Europe is basically the ultimate showdown. You can't be rated for dominating Serie A alone. You get recognition - yes. You're a great side. But to suggest you're one of the best teams in the world is ridiculous.

And lol with this "used to be a good poster in the past" I havn't changed mate. Just because I disaagree with some of the stuff you've said recently may suggest you don't like me anymore. Hence you trying to come out and attack me lol. And I'm not sure why you keep saying I'm confused where I'm still arguing the same point as before. Your only response to it was basically "every other sheep agrees so I'm right, the BPL is inferior and BPL is not the best" they're not really arguments man. Just sayin'

Also. Delusion is a page or two back where that Juventus fan posted, btw. Think his banned now...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:22 am

ranDOM 10 wrote:

hmm

Is this an example of "A rock in between a hard place"?

Y'all should really just give why while you're both this far behind, although some would argue this has reach a point of no return.

This is an example of poster (X) thinking every other poster (let's call all of them Y) is wrong and is delusional when posters 'Y' disaagree with what 'X' says.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 am

Fair enough,i wont get into this argument anymore.Lets see how the season unfolds is all i would say.

PS.Suarez is not World Class :coffee:

Last edited by Surag on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:26 am

Whatever it is, I am truly shocked this "debate" is still going on. What is the sense is arguing with someone who is clearly not ever going to see your point. Anyway, do not let me stop you guys from doing your thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 am

He'd be world class if he joined Juventus, eh?

Surag wrote:Best player in the Premier League.Period.

Preach brothers. :coffee:

Actually. Are you suggesting that no players in the PL are world class? Attention seeking whore. LOL
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:37 am

Obviously you dint catch my sarcasm(it was aimed at one of your earlier posts).Not that i really did expect it from you. Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 am

Obviously I didn't catch your sarcasm as I can't take you seriously. You're all over the place. You're pro-minded Juventus and you state crap like "the EPL is overrated" and other nonsense. How am I supposed to know your mind wants to act smart once in a while with all the shit you type? ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 am

Coming from a guy who thinks

-Arsenal are playing in the CL for cash .( Laughing oh boy this was so hilarious)

-Juventus players are average because they have done f*ck all in Europe when at the same time City who have a no.of WC players have been embarrassed in Europe and Liverpool who have a genuine WC player like Suarez hasnt seen the CL for ages.Basically destroying your own logic.

-Liverpool will title challenge if they sign Jovetic also believes Gomez is a realistic addition for Spurs.

-And basically doesnt have any proper explanation as to why English sides have been failing in Europe in the past few seasons which was the point of this thread and yet i am the one who is typing shit.Cool story.

-Pro-Minded Juventus ? You dont even care what the general consensus thinks of Juventus and yet you call me pro-minded even if many of the Non-Juventus audience(including "pundits") support my argument.Another cool story.

And like i said all this while i've been taking the bait because its been fun prolonging the conversation Laughing

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:22 am

1) Arsenal are in the competition for cash. They don't have any mentality to go further after the groups. That comes from both the manager, and the players. You can argue it all you want. They don't go into the competition thinking they're going to win the damn thing.

2) I never said Juventus players are average. Your logic. LOL. I said they shouldn't be considered as ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD as they've done *bleep* all in Europe. They shouldn't even be a contender for the best side in the world if they can only dominate their league. That has nothing to do with me saying you have no WC players. The way your brain works, oh my.

3) Again. That's my opinion. I don't come out saying we have world class players in every position or saying we're the best team in the world. I say with the addition of Jovetic's quality and calibre, I feel the squad would be good enough to challenge in the BPL. That has nothing to do with this thread though.

4) I've already said the managers are the sole reason for why English sides have struggled in Europe. You then said the whole league and players are overrated. That's the only reason why I brought up City's squad. Because City's squad IS as good as Juventus. They have an inadequate manager, though. But them having have a good enough squad does NOT mean they're one of the best in Europe. I never actually said City were the best, either. So again. Continuing to put words in my mouth.

I'm done with this thread. It's like arguing with a 10 year old. You bring up stupid points to try and cover up what you say and then not only put words in my mouth, but attack me when you have nothing to say. Joke of a poster.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:30 am

You're getting all sensitive now,maybe you might even start crying so i'll stop.It was fun arguing with you btw Smile

And apologies if i came across as rude to you in any of my posts because i had no intention 'in attacking you' like you claim.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:43 am

ynwa wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think foreign players are to blame in terms of England not producing top talent. It's just England just aren't good enough.

That's not true.

Name every single manager in the BPL right now.
Look at their nationality.

Obviously they're going to want their own foreign players in the team. Rafael Benitez targeted Spanish players at Liverpool. Mourinho targeted the Portuguese etc.

Fact is, there's not many British managers in recent years. And then there's the fact that the market abroad TODAY is a lot cheaper too.

England do have quality players. They have a lot of underrated players too. With a good intake of youth with massive potential. But the fact that they're English means they're not very good to the La Liga / Serie A fans.

A lot of the English players just aren't good enough. Foreign technical players are simply better than English players. There's probably like 4-5 English players currently who are/around WC. The majority being senior players like Rooney, Gerrard etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:49 am

Surag wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:However I think Chelsea and Arsenal do have a good enough squad to win the CL. Not every team is balanced. Juve don't have the best attack, however they're still good. Barca's defense isn't the best nowadays etc etc.

No they dont.How many times this should be told to you ?

For all of Chelsea's 'dazzling' AM's ,they just have too many holes in their team.And pls dont bring their triumph of last season ,lets be honest they got incredibly lucky too without taking away the credit from their success.Besides to win CL you need some amount of luck to go your way too especially with inferior squads.

When i look through that Arsenal lineup ,i cant see any WC players in there.Wilshere and Cazorla are the only players who i would call borderline WC but the rest arent Arsenal material.Average at best.

So i advise you to pls get off that console and accept the reality.

How many of Liverpool's players in 2005 were WC? Or Porto's in 04? I think players like Giroud, Podolski, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Sagna, Arteta etc are good enough to get to the final. Not every team needs elite WC players in every position. Same with Chelsea.

Also a lot of teams have luck when winning the CL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

No point comparing to teams that won CL years ago.Lets talk about now.

I cant believe there's this argument going on.You cant possibly be serious to think Arsenal have a team capable of winning the CL when there's atleast 4-5 teams comfortably ahead of them.Its far from a managerial problem.

Pls go.Its getting to the point where you people embarrassing yourselves now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 am

I think it is a general problem that many people judge teams based on past achievements and not on current form. Based on current form even teams with 'lesser names' can surprise bigger teams. Need I say Basel vs ManUtd in the last season? Razz And in this season - we will have to see.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovinco12 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 am

1 question.If English clubs win the Europa League and NextGen Series,is it still doom and gloom?
Giovinco12
Giovinco12
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 am

Giovinco12 wrote:1 question.If English clubs win the Europa League and NextGen Series,is it still doom and gloom?
Let them win that first Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovinco12 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 am

rwo power wrote:
Giovinco12 wrote:1 question.If English clubs win the Europa League and NextGen Series,is it still doom and gloom?
Let them win that first Smile

True.Things looking rosy for Italy though.Whilst unlikely,they could end up with a CL,EL,Next Gen and FIFA Confederations Cup come June.Although I think the Confed is their best bet
Giovinco12
Giovinco12
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovinco12 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 am

And how exactly is no EPL teams in the QF 'STAGGERING',its happened before and its happened to Ligue 1,La Liga,Bundesliga and Serie A before too.'STAGGERING' would be no UEFA teams in the World Cup QF's.
Giovinco12
Giovinco12
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 am

Giovinco12 wrote:'STAGGERING' would be no UEFA teams in the World Cup QF's.
Won't happen as long as the German NT exists :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovinco12 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:26 am

rwo power wrote:
Giovinco12 wrote:'STAGGERING' would be no UEFA teams in the World Cup QF's.
Won't happen as long as the German NT exists :coffee:

Or Balotelli........cough cough
Giovinco12
Giovinco12
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 am

ynwa wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
ynwa wrote:Arsenal don't deserve to be in the CL is what I'm saying. They play for the cash from the tournament, they put no real intent of winning the damn thing.

wtf ?

Come on RG. Arsenal is basically the only team I respect in the BPL but surely you can't say that they actually go into the Champions League with the mind-set that they're going to try and win it. They only want to get pass out of the group for the 20m pound prize and see what happens from there...

No, that's completely false. We have never gone into the CL for the prize money, it's audaciously inaccurate. We always try to win it and just because we don't have the right team and players for it doesn't make us go into it for the money. We sacrificed the FA cup which was a more realistic chance of winning for the CL. We give it our best every single year and always lose to the better team in the end.

Saying we just go in for the money is laughable. We are the 5th richest club in the world lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm

The funny thing is he talks of it as if its some sort of fact or something rofl

Infact everytime i've seen them give their best especially against big sides.If they were so interested in solely gaining 'cash' from the tournament they would have folded up against Milan at the emirates last year but no they gave it their all and ran them close.

I think most Arsenal fans would agree that they need some quality reinforcements before they can actually compete in CL.The problem is far beyond the manager.

Last edited by Surag on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovinco12 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Wait,what proof is there that Arsenal are in it solely for the money?It's not Malaga or Valencia that desperately need the money or Udinese here.
Giovinco12
Giovinco12
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovinco12 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Ribery ruled out of tomorrow's game
Giovinco12
Giovinco12
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Arsenal in it for the prize money a ridiculous statement. Granted, they have said that they are comfortable with 4th in the table (which grants you access to the CL).

Any team comprised of professional athletes is in it to win it. I don't give a f*ck where they are from or who the manager is, pride and competitive spirit is the difference (aside from class) between most pros and pub leaguers.

Laughable smoking
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next