New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.

+27
baresi
leemhuis
elm_baraja_shaman
delaurentishotz
Sushi Master
aford92
xabi
Highburied
Keyzar
Abramovich
CroInter
Adit
zizzle
The BoyWonder
BeautifulGame
BiasedMilanFan3
michael1
Patrick Bateman
fatman123
The Madrid One
Luca
zarola
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Kev
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Magricos
The_ItalianFool
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  - Page 3 Empty Re: New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:31 pm

delaurentishotz wrote:Back in the day none of the other leagues could compete financially with Italian teams. The salaries were much higher and the best of the best footballplayers went to Serie A. Most teams were stacked with talent ,

At the moment the quality of the league is still not good enough.. to even be compared to the past.

Juve are used to winning years ago , (this is why they have the most casual Italian supporters) Now some of them (including OP) get's his panties in a bunch after 5 rounds of Serie A. Just because Milan and Inter are not performing doesn't mean the league is improving.. No it is still as stale as ever and will need a long time to ever becoming the dominant force it once was. Thank you

Do you know what getting your panties in a bunch means? That means getting upset or angry..

I was merely writing an optimistic piece reflecting the foundations being built in Juventus and the Azzuri. If anything your response makes you seem to have your panties in a bunch....

The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  - Page 3 Empty Re: New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.

Post by delaurentishotz Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:49 pm

I thought panties in a bunch was getting over(s)excited. Please note that English is not my first language.

Otherwise good point to avoid my comment ,
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:54 pm

delaurentishotz wrote:I thought panties in a bunch was getting over(s)excited. Please note that English is not my first language.

Otherwise good point to avoid my comment ,

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  - Page 3 00LikeABoss

/FAIL
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I take it as a compliment if you don't believe me when I say that English isn't even my primary language. Didn't knew you guys held me in such highesteem.

Still having a good laugh with the OP's post. I have defended Serie A for far to long but reality has to set in , The league has been in decline for more then 10 years. And don't come up to me with some results in Europe.. Those results remain still poor compared to the past when nearly everything Italian dominated.

Like I said , this is just some thread from an overexcited Juventino.
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Uhhh... What am I avoiding?

delaurentishotz wrote:Back in the day none of the other leagues could compete financially with Italian teams. The salaries were much higher and the best of the best footballplayers went to Serie A. Most teams were stacked with talent ,

At the moment the quality of the league is still not good enough.. to even be compared to the past.

Juve are used to winning years ago , (this is why they have the most casual Italian supporters) Now some of them (including OP) get's his panties in a bunch after 5 rounds of Serie A. Just because Milan and Inter are not performing doesn't mean the league is improving.. No it is still as stale as ever and will need a long time to ever becoming the dominant force it once was. Thank you

Are you really trying to say Juventus and Azzurri havent improved? Look at the squads, they are completely different than 2 years ago, they have better chemistry and tactics. I didnt say Serie was the best in Europe...I said we are going in the right direction.

delaurentishotz wrote:I take it as a compliment if you don't believe me when I say that English isn't even my primary language. Didn't knew you guys held me in such highesteem.

Still having a good laugh with the OP's post. I have defended Serie A for far to long but reality has to set in , The league has been in decline for more then 10 years. And don't come up to me with some results in Europe.. Those results remain still poor compared to the past when nearly everything Italian dominated.

Like I said , this is just some thread from an overexcited Juventino.

Decline for 10 years?!? Before Calciopoli Serie A was among the best if not the best league in the world.... Of course it took a blow but to me it is evident that the league is regaining strength. Attacking football, new teams developing (Juve, Napoli)... and Milan and Inter will bounce back this season, they have the quality still. Roma are developing as well. All the big Italian clubs are now looking to building their own stadiums as well. Again, I didnt say Serie A is dominant, I said we are on the right path for recovery.

Last edited by The_ItalianFool on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Fab you forgot to mention about Quality...

Buffon = Best Goalkeeper of the World
Canavaro = Best defensemen of the World

At that time... :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm

defensemen :lol!:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:04 pm

I see a funny pattern in Cro's posts rofl.

"Marchisio wouldn't start if Motta was healthy"
"Materazzi is the reason Italy won the world cup"

You do know Materazzi needed an injury to Nesta just to crack the starting 11 right? LOL

So much contradictions, so little time

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Luca wrote:I see a funny pattern in Cro's posts rofl.

You do know Materazzi needed an injury to Nesta just to crack the starting 11 right? LOL

grosso took a zaccardo own goal yet they're both regarded as world cup heroes....

And since when is being benched by the best defender in the world a bad thing?

Minutes after nesta was injured materazzi scored.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Luca wrote:I see a funny pattern in Cro's posts rofl.

So much not knowing when somone is trolling Juve fans with "Materazzi is the reason Italy won the world cup".

But ok lets put that aside, Motta case and Matrix case, could you tell me where is contradiction there?
Whenever Motta is ready he played, Marchisio was on the bench, fact.
Materazzi got in 1st 11 when Nesta got Injured, fact.
Materazzi then played great and was one of the most crucial players(not trollin) in Italy triumph, fact.

So could you explain to me where i contradicted myself? Do you know the meaning of the word "contradiction", here is an example: "Luca is good poster" then me in other thread with the truth "Luca is actually pretty bad at posting", that is contradiction.

Or is this one of those.... how do you called them, butt hurt posts?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Funny thing is no one is saying juve can't win serie a or Italy the euro, we're just saying to stop knee jerking so early on every damn year. I don't get why you guys are getting so defensive
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:47 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
Decline for 10 years?!? Before Calciopoli Serie A was among the best if not the best league in the world.... Of course it took a blow but to me it is evident that the league is regaining strength. Attacking football, new teams developing (Juve, Napoli)... and Milan and Inter will bounce back this season, they have the quality still. Roma are developing as well. All the big Italian clubs are now looking to building their own stadiums as well. Again, I didnt say Serie A is dominant, I said we are on the right path for recovery.

It is still to early , We must first see how FFP will evolve , we must see how new Italian talent will develop.
I watched the Juve-Milan game , one of the most "exciting" fixtures in Serie A.. It was a boring game where only 1 team was trying.... and the team trying were hardly impressive quality wise compared to some teams in other leagues.
There is still a long way to go before we can say "Italian football is going in the right direction"

Btw even before Calciopoli the Italian league was declining.. Some of the most exciting teams vanished through financial struggles.
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 pm

zarola wrote:Funny thing is no one is saying juve can't win serie a or Italy the euro, we're just saying to stop knee jerking so early on every damn year. I don't get why you guys are getting so defensive

actually there was a whole thread dedicated to that
"can Juventus win serie a"
Crointer said no, even though he and others completely missed the difference between can and will haha

Anyways the contradiction is this:
You are saying that when Motta is healthy that Marchisio is second option, you implied that as if it was a bad thing.
However, Materazzi who was second choice is a hero, I'm not saying he wasn't but if Marchisio has any sort of similar impact in the Euro or Italy's play in general I doubt you would even give him the credit he deserves as you mentioned he was second choice. So what I am really say is judge the player on their impact while on the field, not the fact that they were benched at one point by another player...

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Luca wrote:
zarola wrote:Funny thing is no one is saying juve can't win serie a or Italy the euro, we're just saying to stop knee jerking so early on every damn year. I don't get why you guys are getting so defensive

actually there was a whole thread dedicated to that
"can Juventus win serie a"
Crointer said no, even though he and others completely missed the difference between can and will haha

Anyways the contradiction is this:
You are saying that when Motta is healthy that Marchisio is second option, you implied that as if it was a bad thing.
However, Materazzi who was second choice is a hero, I'm not saying he wasn't but if Marchisio has any sort of similar impact in the Euro or Italy's play in general I doubt you would even give him the credit he deserves as you mentioned he was second choice. So what I am really say is judge the player on their impact while on the field, not the fact that they were benched at one point by another player...

I implied its a bad thing? Where? I just stated my opinion that Motta is 1st option as he always was.

And why are you comparing Matrix and him, wtf, Materazzi is hero coz he played a big ass role in Italy winning the WC, the same how marchisio was kinda hero last game when he scored....
If he plays on Euro as 2nd choice(DDR or Motta if they are gonna be in front of him) and he beasts it, ofc im gonna give him credit. So you were saying im contradicting myself based on something that Marchisio might do in future and then im not gonna credit him for it.

Dude seriously, comparing these 2 things and stating im contradicting myself where in fact i didnt contradict myself at all. Just Rolling Eyes

CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Because at one point Materazzi was second choice too, it just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a player so hastily because they can surprise you and make an impact...

Meaning anything about Motta starting over him just isn't relevant right now, its about how you finish not how you start.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Where was i judging him?
Did i say with one word he is bad player or he is good player or whatever, all said that from what i saw so far from Prandellis choices i think Motta will start and i stated my reasons for it which were all just stats....

I didnt judge him at all, and the topic was about NT players and how much Juve has starters, and i just pointed that IMO Motta is starter and not him. I didnt say one bad word about Marchisio.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 am

I see Serie A slowly improve after the Calcio scandal. Also Serie A has unexploited revenues in private stadia and improving merchandizing. With private stadia you have money from name sponsor and tickets that only Juventus have today. New law allow private stadium so Milan will have a new one soon. This is new money for clubs in Serie A, and England already have this exploitation.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:01 am

CroInter wrote:Where was i judging him?
Did i say with one word he is bad player or he is good player or whatever, all said that from what i saw so far from Prandellis choices i think Motta will start and i stated my reasons for it which were all just stats....

I didnt judge him at all, and the topic was about NT players and how much Juve has starters, and i just pointed that IMO Motta is starter and not him. I didnt say one bad word about Marchisio.

Its about what you insinuated
Motta's absence has nothing to do with Marchisio's current success...

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:10 am

I am saying it.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:14 am

[quote="Luca"]
zarola wrote:

not shocking, crointer always plays humble and respectful whenever he is at the end of the hangman's noose...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:48 pm

All current top Serie A sides are a shadow of their former selves, Napoli are the only exception.

So no , Serie A is not on the rise sort of speak , but hovering just between good and average atm.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:All current top Serie A sides are a shadow of their former selves, Napoli are the only exception.

So no , Serie A is not on the rise sort of speak , but hovering just between good and average atm.

says this only because Milan have had a cr@p start to the 2011-2012 campaign... Team is top of the table, SerieA = best league in the world. Languishing in bottom half, says the league is not quality. bwahahaha!

@ Cro, what are you smoking, seriously? If Motta is first choice over Marchisio, it is because each player brings a slightly different skill set (so it can be a tactical decision), otherwise I suppose Motta is a more experienced player... quite frankly though, if this is the case then I can't understand why Prandelli would not choose Marchisio over him, clearly he is the better player.

One possibility I can offer is Thiago Motta is much more defensive minded than Marchisio and maybe he plays so as to assist the ageing Pirlo in defensive midfield areas? Whereas maybe if you need a goal, you can sacrifice Motta for the more attack minded Marchisio as a substitute.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:

@ Cro, what are you smoking, seriously? If Motta is first choice over Marchisio, it is because each player brings a slightly different skill set (so it can be a tactical decision), otherwise I suppose Motta is a more experienced player... quite frankly though, if this is the case then I can't understand why Prandelli would not choose Marchisio over him, clearly he is the better player.

One possibility I can offer is Thiago Motta is much more defensive minded than Marchisio and maybe he plays so as to assist the ageing Pirlo in defensive midfield areas? Whereas maybe if you need a goal, you can sacrifice Motta for the more attack minded Marchisio as a substitute.

I dont smoke at all.
Since Motta got Italian citizenship a year ago, when ever he was fit, he played, while Marchisio was on the bench.
And whats with the attitude? Where did i say Marchsio is a bad player? Where did i say Motta is better then him? Where infact did i say one bad word about Marchisio?

So kindly GTFO.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm

CroInter wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

I dont smoke at all.
Since Motta got Italian citizenship a year ago, when ever he was fit, he played, while Marchisio was on the bench.
And whats with the attitude? Where did i say Marchsio is a bad player? Where did i say Motta is better then him? Where infact did i say one bad word about Marchisio?

So kindly GTFO.

Hey now! I'm not part of your side argument with Luca.. I never said you said Marchisio was a bad player.. I'm merely telling you, he is better than Motta.

I maybe misunderstood that you implied Motta was better, but now I see you actually just making an observation that Motta plays when fit.. which I cannot fault you, it appears to be the case. My sentiments are that Motta brings far less to the table than Marchisio.

So kindly I would prefer not to be told to GTFO of the conversation. Besides that, you didn't even agree or disagree about the possible reasons I gave for why Motta plays instead of Marchisio.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Well i prefer telling ppl to kindly GTFO when they start their post with "@ Cro, what are you smoking, seriously?"

As for ur reason why u think Motta might/is starting over Marchisio, i dont really care, you think " he is clearly the better player." thats fine, thats ur opision, im not gonna go in this player is better then this one debates, coz they are stupid and pointless.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:42 pm

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio. A possible new Calciopoli.......
I ain't against, just return the titles on time next time.
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next