Injury to Juventus' Claudio Marchisio not serious after scoring his first goal for Italy

2 posters

Go down

Injury to Juventus' Claudio Marchisio not serious after scoring his first goal for Italy Empty Injury to Juventus' Claudio Marchisio not serious after scoring his first goal for Italy

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:12 pm

The Juventus midfielder opened his account for Cesare Prandelli's men in the 1-1 draw in Belgrade, before being replaced on 70 minutes.

The 25-year-old has been in good goalscoring form, scoring a brace against AC Milan in his last club game, and is glad to have netted in the Euro 2012 qualifier.

"My teammates thought I’d toe-poked it, but it was with the inside of my foot, as I tried to angle the finish as much as possible," Marchisio told reporters after the game.

“I said yesterday that I wanted this goal and it arrived in a difficult arena.

"The team played very well, always tried not to give the ball away and held out under Serbia’s pressure. In a week when we didn’t have much time to work, we still put in a fine performance."

Fans of Antonio Conte's team will have been concerned when the former Empoli man had to leave the field of play, but the midfielder insisted that the knock will not keep him on the sidelines for long.

“I’m alright, it’s a little sprain, but it hasn’t even swollen up," he continued.

"I’m in good shape aside from the goals and things are going well with both Juventus and Italy."

Italy have booked their place at next year's tournament in Ukraine and Poland with Friday's point, and are unbeaten in their Group C campaign.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Injury to Juventus' Claudio Marchisio not serious after scoring his first goal for Italy Empty Re: Injury to Juventus' Claudio Marchisio not serious after scoring his first goal for Italy

Post by anouarjuve Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:50 pm

great news I was very worried yesterday about his injury Thumbs up
anouarjuve
anouarjuve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down