MJ
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
50 posters

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by goonbrain Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:53 pm

the only arsenal transfer that involved a high-profile player was arshavin.

and we are not getting god(tze+olski)...forget it.

goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:12 pm

djoe26 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Goetez or Hazard is needed, you have to be kidding me if you think they are not needed. We have many promising youngster but none of them can be compared to proven talent. I am tired of waiting for promising youngster to develop.

We will be losing big name players waiting for promising youngsters.
I meant that we will not be signing them, we know how Wenger is. So getting Reus sounds more realistic than getting Götze or Hazard.

I know what you are saying, and I do agree.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:18 pm

Arsenal Line Up £15m Move for Highly Rated German International Striker

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will be on red alert after the latest comments coming out with regards to the future of versatile FC Cologne star Lukas Podolski, according to reports on Tribalfootball.com.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wenger missed out of many great German players now he has to sign the German God. :mental:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has threatened to quit the Emirates if he remains on the bench.

In an attack on Gunners' boss Arsene Wenger, the Russian has questioned Wenger's "unique philosophy" of substituting players and admits he will look for a new club his he is "glued to the bench".

Speaking to Sport Express, the 30-year-old said: "Right now I don't think about changing clubs. If I will be benched for a very long time, then such an issue might be relevant.

"I still want to play for 90 minutes, but now I am glued to the bench. I wouldn't like to play for a Russian club other than Zenit [St Petersburg], and there were no contacts with Anzhi Makhachkala."

Arshavin has been criticised for his inconsistent performances over the past year, and there were strong suggestions that he was near to joining Chelsea in the summer.

However, following his £15 million move from Zenit St. Petersburg in January 2009, Arshavin has admitted that he has lost form, but thinks that Wenger's management isn't necessarily helping.

"Wenger is a very strict manager. He always gladly helps when there are difficulties off the pitch, but nobody at Arsenal even thinks to talk him into changes when it comes to football issues. The answer is obvious to everyone.

"It's true that Wenger has a unique philosophy. Sometimes you know that you will be replaced at 70 minutes, regardless of how well you play. Sometimes you sit on the bench and know for sure you will enter the game at 65 minutes.

"Wenger has full support from the board. I think he will leave Arsenal only when he chooses to."

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Just imagine if we do sign 2 German players in the January. Chaka Chaka Chaka
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Arsene Wenger has made it clear to Gladbach that he is willing to meet Marco Reus' €18 buy-out clause. http://bit.ly/vEOzBZ
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsene Wenger has made it clear to Gladbach that he is willing to meet Marco Reus' €18 buy-out clause. http://bit.ly/vEOzBZ

Thumbs up Thumbs up :bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Please Reus and not Grosskreutz. Grosskreutz is like your typical PL winger. All workrate and speed, no skills at all.

Glad we're getting someone decent in January, either Podolski or Reus would make my day banana
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Please Reus and not Grosskreutz. Grosskreutz is like your typical PL winger. All workrate and speed, no skills at all.

Glad we're getting someone decent in January, either Podolski or Reus would make my day banana

Sell Arshivan,Bendtner and Chamakh and we can buy both. I know I am pushing it. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Sheva I'd sell if we get one of them. He's obviously not interested anymore and has put in pretty meh performances. Wenger doesn't even rotate him anymore. I'm a huge Sheva fanboy but I have to admit he's been shit. His contract runs out soon so I'd sell him to Anzhi or something.

Bendtner, hopefully Sunderland buys him. Chamakh I wouldn't sell as long as we don't buy a good lone striker. Podolski has always operated on the wings or with a strike partner. You see, he's a generous God. He doesn't like being in the spotlight Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Francis Coquelin is seriously thinking about leaving Arsenal in January: interview by @francefootball at http://bit.ly/vGWoZs

Coquelin - loan or permanent deal not clear. "The idea of leaving is in my head" - not to be forgotten: he's under contract until 2013.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Sheva I'd sell if we get one of them. He's obviously not interested anymore and has put in pretty meh performances. Wenger doesn't even rotate him anymore. I'm a huge Sheva fanboy but I have to admit he's been shit. His contract runs out soon so I'd sell him to Anzhi or something.

Bendtner, hopefully Sunderland buys him. Chamakh I wouldn't sell as long as we don't buy a good lone striker. Podolski has always operated on the wings or with a strike partner. You see, he's a generous God. He doesn't like being in the spotlight Very Happy
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:37 pm

The good thing is the German market is not overpriced, Wenger can do his shopping till a rich Arab goes and buys a team there. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsene Wenger has made it clear to Gladbach that he is willing to meet Marco Reus' €18 buy-out clause. http://bit.ly/vEOzBZ

Reus: Never to FC Bayern.

In this video he's saying that he won't never join FC Bayern Muenchen, and that he was an Arsenal fan since he was a kid. We should definitly go for him, talented fans are always welcome Very Happy

And why's Coquelin so inpatient, he wouldn't play even those games he played, in another big club, he's no Wilshere to be a regular immediately after loan spell, very very disappointed from him Neutral
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Francis Coquelin is seriously thinking about leaving Arsenal in January: interview by @francefootball at http://bit.ly/vGWoZs

Coquelin - loan or permanent deal not clear. "The idea of leaving is in my head" - not to be forgotten: he's under contract until 2013.

That report seems to be untrue:

Coquelin wrote:"I didn't expect to play that much at the beginning of the season," he told Arsenal Player.

"I came back from the [Under-20] World Cup and then played straight away at Manchester United, which was a really hard game.

"He [Wenger] gave me another chance in the Carling Cup and I grabbed it. I think I have done quite well.

"Against Tottenham again it was a really tough game. I am a bit disappointed because we came out of those two games with two defeats - I think we could have done better at White Hart Lane.

"But overall I was pleased to play and hopefully I can get more games. I just try to do my job - tackle, keep the ball and play things easy.

"I thought I would have a chance to play this year as well so I thought I should stay and try and get a place in the first team. At the moment I can't really complain - I have been playing so I'm really pleased with that."

Quote from Coquelin straight after Bolton match [Carling Cup].
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

Reus: Never to FC Bayern.

In this video he's saying that he won't never join FC Bayern Muenchen, and that he was an Arsenal fan since he was a kid. We should definitly go for him, talented fans are always welcome Very Happy

And why's Coquelin so inpatient, he wouldn't play even those games he played, in another big club, he's no Wilshere to be a regular immediately after loan spell, very very disappointed from him Neutral

watched him play good prospect but he doesn't suit the way we play
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:17 pm

In theory, Walcott doesn't suit the way we play, either.

He's that sort of player (but with much better decisions).
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:M'Vila to join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer according to team-mate

Yann M’Vila is likely to join Arsenal or Real Madrid next year, according to his Rennes team-mate and friend Kader Mangane.

Mangane: "I don’t think he will leave in January, but I think he will join Real Madrid or Arsenal next summer. Yann has the potential to be one of the biggest players in the world. He has extraordinary abilities. He is complete. He has a good eye for the game + is technically excellent. He is very good at defending + regaining balls.”

http://bit.ly/uwv4pI

I just dont see Arsenal spending 30 million him no way, and not really needed. Goetez and Poloski please for the same amount of money almost.

agreed but Wenger seems to have a serious hard-on for M'vila. tabled a blockbuster bid for him and we already have Song and two excellent prospects behind him.

if we get podolski, i see him have a suarez level impact or better for us.

watched him play a few times and they say English players are overpriced Laughing . Decent Midfielder not worth the 25 mill they looking for lol
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Sushi Master wrote:In theory, Walcott doesn't suit the way we play, either.

He's that sort of player (but with much better decisions).

I know but the lad quality are much more of a striker...he is got a good touch, movement, nice footwork and he can finish.

He is not blessed with strenght or outstanding pace that's why i think he will be a flop if he is shoved on the wing. The guy is a quality striker in the making. Oliver neuville mark 2 Smile
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 pm

I repeat : I would not trade Walcott for Reus. Lets not forget how Walcott carried the team, offensively, at the start of the season. He's also getting too much stick for his subdued performances; even though he has been doing a spectacular job at defending as he helps out the inexperienced Jenkinson.

Reus would be a lovely addition, and a great one for depth purposes too, but I would not start him instead of Walcott. We need to stop being so fickle when it comes to our players. Walcott is great; A few bad games do not change that.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 pm

He's not starting instead of Walcott, he can also play left wing if needed.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:57 pm

If Walcott were to be available at the moment, you would have every top club sniffing around , trying to lure him to play for them. We as arsenal fans tend to undervalue our players, and totally do a 180, when other clubs show interest. I my self am guilty of doing this. Trust me the lets appreciate what we've got and be grateful that they actually want to play for us.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 pm

In fact no one said that Reus would be a direct replacement for Walcott, don't see where this stuff comes.

Actually I see us [the fans] very sensible when it comes to transfers, it's just looks like we don't need any transfer and we're perfect at everything. Let's face it, we're not. We need a Winger [lack of our wingers consistence] and how Jay said possibly a CF [If Chamakh or Park don't get better].

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:anyone wanna bet that sagna or wilshere comes back before diaby does?

I hope it happens Very Happy

Our team would be very strong with Sagna and Wilshere back.

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs/Santos

Ramsey/Arteta Song Wilshere

Walcott RVP Gervinho

Change Walcott for Reus in Jan and I would be estatic

That's where I'm reading it. There's another post that also suggested replacing Walcott for Reus
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Huh. We don't need to replace anyone right now, really (except Squillaci). What we're looking for is depth.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Iceman wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:anyone wanna bet that sagna or wilshere comes back before diaby does?

I hope it happens Very Happy

Our team would be very strong with Sagna and Wilshere back.

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs/Santos

Ramsey/Arteta Song Wilshere

Walcott RVP Gervinho

Change Walcott for Reus in Jan and I would be estatic

That's where I'm reading it. There's another post that also suggested replacing Walcott for Reus

Ouh didn't see it sorry Embarassed I myself don't want to drop Walcott, he has still to prove a point, but depth when our other players aren't in form is very important, and we don't have good depth.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next