Mr Nick09
Zealous
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Higuain vs Benzema Empty Higuain vs Benzema

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:56 am

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12385_7224635,00.html

Which striker is Real Madrid's best option up front: Gonzalo Higuain or Karim Benzema?

That was the question on the lips of the Revista de la Liga experts after Real Madrid's 4-0 La Liga victory over Espanyol at the weekend.

Frenchman Benzema was ruled out of the game through injury and Higuain stepped in to replace him with devastating effect, netting a hat-trick to take his tally of league goals for the season to five.

Terry Gibson feels the Argentina international has been harshly overlooked by Jose Mourinho at times, but insists both forwards have a good understanding of their role within the Real formation.

He told Revista: "What I like from both players is they know there's so many creative players in the team for them that they just have to be in that centre-forward position on the end of chances that are being created by Ronaldo, Di Maria and Kaka.

"It's such an illustrious creative part of the team that the centre-forward doesn't have to get involved.

"Surprisingly for me, Higuain hasn't had much playing time. Every time he's played this year or come off the bench he has looked razor sharp.

"His second goal at the weekend was an absolute screamer, a fantastic effort."

Cristiano Ronaldo remains the creative fulcrum of Mourinho's team and his link-up play with the striker will be key to Real Madrid's success this season.

And fellow Revista expert Guillem Balague explained that the Portuguese star would rather play with Benzema because he is a less selfish footballer.

"He prefers Benzema," he explained.

"Higuain is what you saw in the game against Espanyol - gets the ball and boom. He doesn't sit for the pass.

"Benzema is more of an associative player, so that's why Ronaldo prefers him."

Back to top Go down

Higuain vs Benzema Empty Re: Higuain vs Benzema

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:30 am

That is actually very true I would think.

It also explains Benzema's lack of character on the pitch. As talented as he is he is just Ronaldo's lackey LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:52 am

Higuain vs Benzema Dis_gona_be_good_gif
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:43 am

This is a little off topic, You have no idea how much I hate Balauge. He acts as if he knows every bit of information there is ( like conversations in the dressing room, what certain players thinks of others) listening to him is so annoying.

this revista episode, he claimed that after the Racing match, few players ( he especially mentioned spanish ones) supposedly told Mou to figure out who he preferred in the team. We are freaking talking about the team dressing room, Balague acts as if he is there in all the team talks etc.

He claimed that Ronaldo preferred Benzema to Higuain, as if he acutally knows what Ronaldo thinks. His statement is based on the fact that Benz looks for a pass rather than to score unlike Higuain. My problem with this is that Balague claims as if Ronaldo personally told him this, any one with a sensible brain will tell you that Benz is more of a team player ( in terms of passing etc).

He uses a logical explanation ( for ex. Benz passes more, therefore Ronaldo prefers him) BUT he claims as if Ronaldo told him so. It gets so annoying.

On topic, I love Higuain, but Benz is a better fit for the counter attacking system because his passing is extremely slick, and has good touch.

Higuain is more like Raul, in terms that he epitomizes everything that Real used to stand for: Hardwork, Passion, and Spirit.

Higuain to Atleti, make it happen.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:30 am

It makes sense... One's a complete player while the other is only a 9 and cannot play his game next to CR7 without issues, although he's not selfish either. Difference is that Higuain doesn't have the scope in his skillet. Higuain either scores or he's useless. Not so with Benz: he can score, he can create from the wing, he can create close to the midfield... He'll do what the flow of the game dictates. He's also had to carry di Maria as his wing partner for all but 1 game... ForceD out of the CF area to compensate. With kaka in there, all our CFs can play more like CFs.

But clearly, CR7 is the main guy and mou wants it that way. Everyone around him needs to adapt. I don't like his dominance over the attack to this extent... But it is what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:46 am

Every body here know i have been saying this thing for ages.

Our system suits a true 9 and we dont need our striker to get involved in plays.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:11 am

I disagree Adit. As long as we play a Lass-Alonso or a Khedira-Alonso mid, we will need creativity from everyone up front. Also, as long as CR7 wants to win the goalscoring title and pursue goalscoring records, we will need the CF that is very good at playing non-CF positions... because in reality, CR7 is the CF more often than not. Simple as that.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

higgy gets sold short on his assisting ability, while not on Benzi's level he does have a better cross than himand is quite the work horse in the final third. having said that i maintain that It should not be an either or Higgy benz but rather a How do we play the together...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

higgy gets sold short on his assisting ability, while not on Benzi's level he does have a better cross than himand is quite the work horse in the final third. having said that i maintain that It should not be an either or Higgy benz but rather a How do we play the together...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:55 am

Adit wrote:Every body here know i have been saying this thing for ages.

Our system suits a true 9 and we dont need our striker to get involved in plays.

You are so wrong dude. when you have a CR7 you need a Rooney as your striker. not a Mario Gomez.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:25 pm

The way Madrid play I would say Higuain, If Madrid were possession based and linked up a lot then Benz but for CA Higuain because he is a far more effecient finisher. Seeing as Mou wants to build the best CA team on the planet, I would go with Higuain tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:43 pm

jibers wrote:The way Madrid play I would say Higuain, If Madrid were possession based and linked up a lot then Benz but for CA Higuain because he is a far more effecient finisher. Seeing as Mou wants to build the best CA team on the planet, I would go with Higuain tbh.

Except that all our best CA moves have happened with Benz...

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Higuain does not play well when Ronaldo is in 100% selfish mode because he relies on the final pass something that does not happen often when Ronaldo is looking for his goals, but Benzema can play well even without scoring he contributes to the build up and when he does not score he makes Ronaldo play better since they have amazing chemistry between them.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Mamad wrote:
Adit wrote:Every body here know i have been saying this thing for ages.

You are so wrong dude. when you have a CR7 you need a Rooney as your striker. not a Mario Gomez.
Balague said

there's so many creative players in the team for them that they just have to be in that centre-forward position on the end of chances that are being created by Ronaldo, Di Maria and Kaka.

"It's such an illustrious creative part of the team that the centre-forward doesn't have to get involved.
Im not using his argument as a definite proof but as he said,our center forward doesnt need to get involved alot in build up plays.

Believe it or not we need players in the box to score goals.With higuain we have two players in the box (him and ronaldo) while with benz playing we have only ronaldo in the box in a scoring position.

Higuains high goal/minute ratio speaks for itself.Also Higuains runs,anticipation and tactical knowledge are leagues above benzes which are the true characteristically of a true 9.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 pm

When teams highly mark ronaldo who are there to score goals in the box?

I dont rate benz's runs to be honest ,he looks alot slower than his lyon days.he also dont know how to use his strenght , has a very weak header and his finishing is not better than higuain too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:41 pm

__________Alonso
_________________Sahin
Contrao__________________________Marcelo
_________Ozil___________Ronaldo
_____________Benzema
_____Higuain

If we want to we can play both, but mou is a coward and doesnt wanna risk playing both.

Benz can do his linkup/false 9 role, Ronaldo can do his winger/striker role, Higuain can do his poucher role, Ozil can do his AMC/hole role, Marcelo can do his best attacking LB creative role while contrao can do Maria cutting inside + fullback role.

I doubt that any good/average/weak team can stop this attack from totally rapping them with less then 5+ times.

Its all down to mou.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Higuain better pray that Kaka keeps his form/health. Without him, he will very rarely see the pitch.

CR7 accepted a playmaker role against Espanyol. I just don't see that being the case very often. He wants to score goals and attack the box.

And Adit, none of the modern football tactics call for two players to attack the box at the same time. That's gone. You always have one person in the box and others coming from the edge or lower positions. No such thing as a true 4-4-2 anymore. With CR7 attacking the box as a quasi-CF 70-80% of the time and moving all over the place, you need a CF that can excel at all 3 forward positions and a AM/SS role as well. Believe it or not, Higuain makes our attack much more rigid and predictable. That's fine against lesser teams... a disaster against the better ones. You have to be able to adjust on the fly and give different looks.

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Between Benzema and Higuain I generally don't prefer anyone over another tbf. Could always start with any and subbed in the other later if plan A isn't work. Againts park the bus team maybe I prefer Benzema.

Btw, I don't understand the argument with Kaka instead of Di Maria, the CF can play more like CF and thus without Kaka in the line up Higuain, the real no. 9, will rarely saw the pitch. I mean, in what game we ever heavily relied on Kaka to create anyway? When both played together againts Levante, did Kaka even created anything for the CF? Di Maria created 1 good chance in that game while Kaka created 0.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:10 pm

I don't get this debate at all. We have always had (or at least tried to have) 2 capable strikers. It was Mou's belief last year when he insisted on a 3rd that we didn't have 2 capable (reliable) strikers. This is a pleasant problem to have and the solution is simple: there will be rotation and at times they will play both (likely Benz on wing).

The loser here is di Maria. His selfish, predictable, diving play has led to him losing his starting position to Kaka and Benz!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:It makes sense... One's a complete player while the other is only a 9 and cannot play his game next to CR7 without issues, although he's not selfish either. Difference is that Higuain doesn't have the scope in his skillet. Higuain either scores or he's useless. Not so with Benz: he can score, he can create from the wing, he can create close to the midfield... He'll do what the flow of the game dictates. He's also had to carry di Maria as his wing partner for all but 1 game... ForceD out of the CF area to compensate. With kaka in there, all our CFs can play more like CFs.

But clearly, CR7 is the main guy and mou wants it that way. Everyone around him needs to adapt. I don't like his dominance over the attack to this extent... But it is what it is.

I'm sorry but no just no.

How is Benzema "complete" his finishing and positioning are suspect, he can't use his head to save his life. Never mind he hardly ever sprints or covers passing lanes.

The only thing he has going for him is that he is good on the ball when he is standing still or moving slowly. I don't buy this Benzema is a creative force myth. Sure he takes part in the build more often but if he is there to help build up then he isn't there to finish the move off (which is his job in theory).

Higuain works the other team's centre backs and gives other players freedom as a result.

There's some truth in the if Higuain isn't scoring he isn't doing much else theory but Higuain is more likely to score than Benzema is.

Whatever, Higuain bags in another couple next week and I expect Mou to do the right thing and keep starting him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:01 pm

How is Benzema "complete" his finishing and positioning are suspect, he can't use his head to save his life. Never mind he hardly ever sprints or covers passing lanes.

The only thing he has going for him is that he is good on the ball when he is standing still or moving slowly. I don't buy this Benzema is a creative force myth.

wow,kudos to Z.

Couldn't have said any better about benz. Smile

Benzema the creative force is the myth of the season imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Don't get me wrong he is good at linking up but he is supposed to be on the end of things in the box.

Play him behind a real striker and he'll be awesome.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Zealous wrote:Don't get me wrong he is good at linking up but he is supposed to be on the end of things in the box.

Play him behind a real striker and he'll be awesome.

This feeds my Play him with higgy mind set. he would be great in the wider striker role, coming in from space. He has a very good long shot a more than capable pass and some good skill. That space out wide is his for the taking. While Higgy cleans up, he put the ball in the back of the net when other decide they don't want to...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Lol.... Benz' goal total in half a season last year almost eclipsed Higuain's "Astounding and orgasmic" season of 2009-2010 (26 for Benz compared to 29 that year for Higuain) in less starts (by a lot). In his other seasons, Benz has destroyed Higuain's best seasons as a goalscorer by big margins. And that's all Higuain is: a #9. Nobody will ever build a team around Higuain because of his limited, although very good, skills. Benz... France Nt is currently built around him and so was Lyon for 2 years (where they destroyed Madrid). Why would they do that? Because he can attack you from anywhere on the field after the midfield line, as a playmaker and a goalscorer. That's absolutely undeniable. I couldn't even see Higuain partnered with Ade on the same pitch, that's how limited the range of his game is. Benz, on the other hand, thrived with Ade as he just moved seamlessly into the left role vacated for a month by CR7.

So please don't talk about myth etc. The biggest myth by far on these boards is Higuain. A lot of man-crushes going on in his regards. Facts don't even partially back up any of the claims made in his regards.

Higuain is a better poacher (not by much frankly). But other than that, he's far behind Benz. As a footballer, not even in the same league.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm

You guys have no idea how effective benz really is.

Benz is not about just scoring a fluke goal and going back to do simple passes.

He is about moving the ball forward with his passes, especially when the opposition have a very tight lines, high pressure midfeild.

There is a reason benz is soo effective against those teams, cuz he is strong with super ball control. He protects the ball like no other.

Ronaldo cant do that, higuian cant do that, hell even ozil cant do that under pressure, the only other player i know is marcelo but he does it wide where there is less pressure instead.

Benz control the ball in a place full other players, turns over and completly opens the play.

Yes it doesnt seem like he is creative in a "through ball" way or positioning way.

His creativity is his own type, a unique charactiscs only benz have, thats what makes him such and important figure against those type of teams.

The thing is he doesnt have just that, he can also dribble through players like a winger from wings, he can also make runs like higuain, he also positions himself like a poucher like gomes, he also presents himslef in a passing line ozil and most improtantly, he bring his whole team into attack with his unpredicble slick passing which penetrates the tight defence, he is a complete team player, having a good players around him will make him as distructive attacker as ronaldo or messi.

He is a complete attacker in his own way.

The problem is he has low stamina, you can see the difference between a fully fresh benzema and slow tired benzema, the first is totaly bossing the game and dictating its course in attacke, he will score goals and create like no other, the other is still an important attacker you have.

Saying that higuain is more effective then benzema is completely wrong.

I love both players, and in my point of view, there is no way to determen who is more effective, cuz both are, and to a close point that you cant decide. The player with best form against a team that he can be effective against is the player who is most effective.

Higuain =/= Benzema.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next