Benzema vs Higuain, who do you prefer at CF?

+9
vizkosity
McAgger
chad4401
Freeza
Real Kandahar
FennecFox7
the xcx
Die Borussen
Onyx
13 posters

Go down

Benzema vs Higuain, who do you prefer at CF? Empty Benzema vs Higuain, who do you prefer at CF?

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Who do you prefer at CF? Classic thread. Razz

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs Higuain, who do you prefer at CF? Empty Re: Benzema vs Higuain, who do you prefer at CF?

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 pm

we all know benz adds more to the game

personally i would love to see more of higuain against weaker sides and benz against tougher ones such as barca or a quality CL opposition

realistically higuain with a fair amount of minutes he will be right on top with messi and cr in the goal-scoring table

i would start higuain against every la liga opposition except barca

Spoiler:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs Higuain, who do you prefer at CF? Empty Re: Benzema vs Higuain, who do you prefer at CF?

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 am

Benzema adds creativity, better linkup and good passes to his game, which is great to break up opposition whos parking the bus. Hes suited well for overall game and fits the system perfectly however Higuain dosent offer that much as Benzema but his a better goalscorer imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:48 am

Benzema for sure. But I still love higuain, and I liked the benz-hig partnership that I saw.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 am

Higuain in CL and every other la liga game, except barca Razz

Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:38 am

Benzema when Ronaldo plays tbh, Ronaldo + Benz works better than Ronaldo + Higgy imo, since Benz is the better creator, and Ronaldo runs and roams in the space that benz leaves.
France needed a player with Ronaldo style in Euro, and Benz kind of need a poacher like him to blossom. Higuain + Benzema or Ronaldo + Benz would me preferable forward line-ups
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 am

Freeza wrote:Benzema when Ronaldo plays tbh, Ronaldo + Benz works better than Ronaldo + Higgy imo, since Benz is the better creator, and Ronaldo runs and roams in the space that benz leaves.
France needed a player with Ronaldo style in Euro, and Benz kind of need a poacher like him to blossom. Higuain + Benzema or Ronaldo + Benz would me preferable forward line-ups

Spot on!!

I also believe that such a partnership would be further helped by a very agile midfielder.. aka. modric or Fit Sahin or wilshere or even banega type player... ozil is sometimes crowded out... and that agile playmaker with exceptional dribbling and passing skills can provide defense splitting pass for both Ronaldo-Benz or Benz-Higuain.

ALthough... Ronaldo-Higuain partnership wasn't too bad in 2009-10 ... but VDV provided very little creativity or support.... Guti was the magic man then.... If Guti was younger and agile... that's the type of midfielder i'm talking about above... that would be very good for Madrid team
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:20 am

Id prefer to play benzema more in international stages, but on the contray Higgy is bit better in league.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 am

godzema for me even tho he has yet to play to his lyon standards imo, but that understandable with ron in the team, hope he becomes more lethal this season
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:36 am

I want Higgy and Benz to partner up tbh. Gonzalo is at the prime of his career to be riding the bench and so is Benzema. I'm not the biggest Ronaldo fan, but he's untouchable in the line-up along with Ozil. That leaves only Di Maria. Di Maria does so much for the team in terms of tracking back, defending, and covering ground on the wing that it's hard to see Mou dropping him to accommodate Benz and Higgy.

My personal choice would be to drop Di Maria and start Higgy but I think our game might suffer a little, and I don't see Mou doing it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:22 am

chad4401 wrote:godzema for me even tho he has yet to play to his lyon standards imo, but that understandable with ron in the team, hope he becomes more lethal this season

You really believe he doesn't play up to his lyon standards? why so?
I watched him virtually never in Lyon, so I can't pinpoint his strenths that existed then, which don't exist now?

Although, maybe his titile, as most important player of the team in lyon, has changed to a key player in real madrid... maybe that's what has changed his style? was lyon a team built around benz?
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:24 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I want Higgy and Benz to partner up tbh. Gonzalo is at the prime of his career to be riding the bench and so is Benzema. I'm not the biggest Ronaldo fan, but he's untouchable in the line-up along with Ozil. That leaves only Di Maria. Di Maria does so much for the team in terms of tracking back, defending, and covering ground on the wing that it's hard to see Mou dropping him to accommodate Benz and Higgy.

My personal choice would be to drop Di Maria and start Higgy but I think our game might suffer a little, and I don't see Mou doing it.

hmmm Benz could play on the wings as an inside forward maybe? or as an advanced playmaker (way he plays for france, eventhough he is a striker by name in the squad)

benz.......ozil........cr
.........higuain.......

di maria as an impact player? to me a winger can be more of an impact player than a striker...
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:00 am

benz on wing :3? shouldnt di maria be a better winger ? I always thought that benz has no quickness/flair for a winger :O
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 am

vizkosity wrote:benz on wing :3? shouldnt di maria be a better winger ? I always thought that benz has no quickness/flair for a winger :O

As an inside forward.. not a winger who'd cross...

anyways, this shows his ability on the wings

Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 am

Higuain every day all day

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm

I prefer Higuain but i think Benzema is more suited to our style.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Crimson wrote:Higuain every day all day
:facepalm:
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 pm

let me clarify

I personally hate Benzema at CF, I think he is a much better left or right forward/ss or AM but most certainyl not a CF, sure he can play it but he really isn't the type of CF i would want. Higuain on the other hand is a much better CF and the one I would want playing there 100% of the time

As the OP asks for CF, Higuain all day every day.

For anyone who actually watches Madrid would know what I am saying is true and if you haven't just look at his numbers playing on the left and right of CF or his numbers as an SS/AM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:57 pm

I feel like Benzema is so creative that his ability is limited by playing as a lone CF

Higuain on the other hand has a strikers mentality and always puts himself in the right position for the easiest finish. Benzema is lacking in that department imo.

Higuain could be that deadly finisher of our attacking trident, like Milito was for Mou at Inter

Arbeloa----Pepe----Ramos----Marcelo
------------Khedira---Xabi---------------
-------------------Ozil---------------------
------Benz-------Higuain-----CR7------

This is almost the same formation as Mou's Inter
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Benz Embarassed

daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Benz at CF limits his ability by some margin. Just doesn't have that ruthless finishing that one would want from a CF. So with that, I rather Higuain as a CF if we played like that.

On another note, Cristiano would be a marvelous CF if he chose to play such a role...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down